TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

Astros/Cardinals NLCS thread

Maybe 5 innings if the Astros are lucky. With the horrible pen that's not enough.

Hopefully Houston can win the next two games, and afford to use Pete Munro in Game 6. Not likely but realistically Clemens has not been effective on 3 days rest.

Guest Wart

IIRC, Clemens threw 117 pitches in game 1 against the Braves, and then in game 4 he went 5 innings and gave up 2 runs, but he said he was tired after the 4th inning. If they're up 3-2, they would probably start Munro but if they're down in the series I wouldn't be surprised to see Clemens starting.

Yeah, what happened to Oswalt today? It's not even that the Cardinals were that hot because the bullpen's been shutting them down.

Guest cpac

Reggie Jackson hit 3 homeruns in a World Series game. Sorry but that means more to me than a person who has hit homeruns in LDS and LCS. Beltran is red hot though.

Guest Brian
Reggie Jackson hit 3 homeruns in a World Series game. Sorry but that means more to me than a person who has hit homeruns in LDS and LCS. Beltran is red hot though.

Reggie line in league championship series, 45 games total:

.227 .298 .380

And 6 HR.

Okay, that reminded me waaaaaay too much of Ankiel's 2000 meltdown on the mound.

Of course, this is great, because Tavarez's psychosis essentially reduces us down to a five man bullpen (Haren, Eldred, King, Calero, Isringhausen) behind a four man rotation (Williams, Marquis, Suppan, Morris). Thanks to Tavarez's recent discovery that he's insane, as well as injuries to Carpenter and Kline, we've got a nine man pitching staff for the rest of the NLCS. Awesome.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

It's shame no one seems to care about this series, It's been rather good and competive.

Instead of the ass-rapings the ALCS provide us with.

Guest Brian

Oh I know his line in the WS is incredible. But the more games you play, the more it evens out, and the rest of his post-season play shows that.

Oh I know his line in the WS is incredible. But the more games you play, the more it evens out, and the rest of his post-season play shows that.

27 Games is still a fair amount of games. Although his postseason totals aren't bad at all.

It's shame no one seems to care about this series, It's been rather good and competive.

I've been steadily paying attention to this one since the ALCS went down the shitter

Astros are 2 outs from tying the series

Thank god they get to go back and play two more games in St. Louis. They looked absolutely helpless against Lidge (but really, who doesn't?). The secret is obviously forcing Phil to go to the pen instead of going from starter to Lidge. Ultimately, though, I think that's gonna lead to their demise.

Okay, that reminded me waaaaaay too much of Ankiel's 2000 meltdown on the mound.

Of course, this is great, because Tavarez's psychosis essentially reduces us down to a five man bullpen (Haren, Eldred, King, Calero, Isringhausen) behind a four man rotation (Williams, Marquis, Suppan, Morris). Thanks to Tavarez's recent discovery that he's insane, as well as injuries to Carpenter and Kline, we've got a nine man pitching staff for the rest of the NLCS. Awesome.

Your lucky.

We have a THREE man bullpen.

Mo, Go, Tanyon.

27 Games is still a fair amount of games. Although his postseason totals aren't bad at all.

.278/.358/.527 postseason, .262/.356/.490 regular season. Jackson was a great hitter in the postseason, and he was a great hitter in the regular season as well. His postseason totals are better, but not insanely better. The more at bats a player gets in the postseason, the more his numbers seem to resemble the regular season. Of course there are exceptions (Mariano Rivera, Bob Gibson), but you tend to get these variations in the regular season as well.

Guest Brian

Oh man. What a way to end. I wish I saw more of this game, I was running between rooms for this and the ALCS.

I got a headache watching this game. Kent finally comes up huge in the series and it came at the best time possible. A shame Backe didn't get the win, but I'll take it any way I can get it.

One more win guys, one more win.