TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

This sure doesn't look like an 105 win team.

Seriously this is the worst baseball they have played all year. Plenty of chances in game 1, and tonight and haven't capitalized on Martinez control problems, and the horrendous baserunning. Definitely not what we've done this season. I'm too disgusted with these player.

I still think they will win the next two, but they are just waiting for the execution in Boston.

This will be what they classify as "Bad 6 game series"

"Marks out for Leon segment"

Guest Brian

They can probably rest Foulke for the night at this point, with the eighth over. I'd send Timlin out again after that.

Pedro's was great outside of the first and third.

Guest Anglesault
7 IP, 2 BB, 6 K, 0 R, 3 H, 98 pitches and 59 strikes for Pedro. He faced 24 batters.

The Newest Yankee.

I'm waiting for a twilight of his career comment.

Give Foulke the night off tonight and let Timlin take the 9th as well.

I'm still just, like, in awe. I'm speechless.

They're about to go up 3-0.

How funny would it be...if the Cards came back from 3-0 to win the Series, making what the Red Sox did practically meaningless and continuing the curse?

I think that would be even better than the Yankees beating them.

Dames

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The Boston Red Sox are about to go up 3-0 on the St. Louis Cardinals

The Cardinals haven't even bothered to show up for this series. It kind of taints it in a way.

Boston has waited 86 years for this and it was the most Anti-Climatic finish possible, if they just beat them silly again tom. night. Sweeping the Cardinals on the road likely isn't that dramatic holy shit finish ESPN and Fox wanted, they wanted a Game Six gem from Schilling with Sox winning with a Ortiz homer in the 11th inning in Fenway....

Guest Brian

The Sox pitching is better, though. Even if they don't have Schilling, they'd still have to beat Pedro. It's tougher for the Cards then it was for the Sox.

Guest Anglesault
The Boston Red Sox are about to go up 3-0 on the St. Louis Cardinals

The Cardinals haven't even bothered to show up for this series. It kind of taints it in a way.

It's funny that the Yanks are the only team to bother.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Yeah because Woody was so damn effective the first time. No start Marquis and tell your hitters

"That's Derek Lowe. We are NOT getting swept by Derek Lowe!"

Enjoy tonight's win, Sox fans.

If you somehow happen to STILL lose this Series, you will NEVER hear the end of it.

"1918"...."1918"...."1918"....

Dames

Well, Walker hits the homer and Pujols took Foulke deep. Why exactly did they put this guy in?

Anyway, it's over now. Dames actually had a point there though, one that I thought myself. Sox are up now 3-0, but until they actually get that 4th win the Curse is still on. For some reason I can't see the Cardinals losing either of the next two games. They HAVE to have some pride, right?

There is no curse. The only event remotely curse-worthy was 1986, and even that wasn't too astounding.

Its amazing though. The Sox have gone from down 0-3, to winning seven straight games, and coming within one win of a world championship.

It's all because of Muggy.

Seriously, though, Pedro showed up today and I couldn't be more thrilled. I know McCarver said not to blame Suppan, but I've never listened to McCarver before and you've got to figure that that took a lot of wind out of the Cardinals' sails. They gave Pedro an opening and he took it and ran, and I was thoroughly impressed. They should have given Foulke the night off and I can see that biting us in the ass, but all in all we got the job done and it's only one more to go.

If the Red Sox blow this lead, I will disown the team that I've rooted for my entire life and become a Yankee fan.

I'm talking to my girlfriend right now, who is still new to the game and the Red Sox inept nature over my lifetime. It's hard to explain to someone who hasn't been watching baseball that much just how huge this is. I'm hesitant to say that they'll win because whenever I do that, it seems that they lose.

Lowe tomorrow. Part of me wants them to win tomorrow to get it over with. The other part of me wants them to clinch at home, on a walk off homer by Manny Ramirez so that I can be at home when they do so.

I'm still just, what the hell. This is really happening. I've been pinching myself for the last twenty minutes. The Boston Red Sox. The BOSTON RED SOX. Are one win away from the World Series. THE BOSTON RED SOX.

If the Sox lose the next two games, Fenway will be ROCKIN for Game 6, but it goes to Game 7, Fenway will be full of fans who will be absolutely shitting themselves for 9 innings of baseball.

Dames