TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

I don't see how anyone could have more than one true favorite team in the same sport.  If you're a true fan of a team, it's not possible to like another team as much.  You can like other teams or even like them a lot, but I always roll my eyes when I see people listing three or four teams that are their "favorites."  I mean, you guys do know what favorite means, right?

I don't see how this is any different then wearing Band shirts.

My favorite band is Metallica but If i wear a Slayer shirt, does that mean I really don't like Metallica?

No, I'm just saying that if you really love a team, it's not possible to like another team in the same sport as much. The word favorite used to be set aside to represent one thing. Now it's like you can have eight favorite teams and no one questions it. There's a different between rooting for a team and having one be your favorite. The former is feasible, but the second doesn't seem possible if you actually have a true favorite.

I'm a huge Knick fan. What your doing right now, would basically mean that I would have rooted for the Nets after they swept us last year.

I just don't think its possible to like two teams equal. No matter how much a team sucks, or puts you through torture, deep in your heart, no matter what, you always have a FAVORITE team.

THE CREED GUY!!

HE DOESN'T HAVE HIS 'I *HEART* JIM MORRISON' SHIRT ON!

He's a solo-artist now?

9 outs...9 outs...9 outs...

Guest Brian

At this pace, Foulke might not even have to work tonight. 71 pitches through six innings. 1 BB, 3 K, 2 H.

As for MVP, the best hitter is probably Manny, with .438 BA, 1 HR, and 4 RBIs. Either that or they give it to Foulke, who has three appearances (maybe four if he's go tonight). As for starting pitching, Lowe's performance tonight may end up being the most dominant performance.

Six outs away from having a bunch of idiots IM me about the "curse" being broken.  *sigh*

Bitter much?

Alou blames you!

I'm not bitter. I'm just sick of hearing about some curse that never existed. It's just a creation of the media. Same goes with the Cubs. You could only say there was a curse if they contended EVERY year and then fell apart come postseason. But since both teams weren't built to win for decades, no go.

Guest MikeSC

For the sake of Fox and ESPN, should we start a thread about what all has changed since Boston's last World Series win?

Vanilla Ice hadn't become a laughingstock when they won their last WS.

Chris Berman hadn't viewed Donovan McNabb as a black QB when they last won a WS.

This could go places.

-=Mike

Guest Smues

I just got home, was listening on the radio on the drive home. Oh..My..God...was that a TERRIBLE rendition of God Bless America by Scott Stapp, and the song already sucked, I didn't think anyone could make it worse.

Guest MikeSC
I just got home, was listening on the radio on the drive home. Oh..My..God...was that a TERRIBLE rendition of God Bless America by Scott Stapp, and the song already sucked, I didn't think anyone could make it worse.

Haven't you learned yet? There is nothing so shitty that Scott Stapp couldn't make worse.

-=Mike

GAWWD BLURSE AMURRRICAAAH

Guest Smues

I don't even know how to type the sound he made after just about every word.

God (uh) bless (uh) A(uh)merica(uh)

Guest MikeSC
I don't even know how to type the sound he made after just about every word.

God (uh) bless (uh) A(uh)merica(uh)

Heck, be glad he didn't hit an "I --- I mean God --- bless America" line at any point.

-=Mike

Guest Smues

Haven't you learned yet? There is nothing so shitty that Scott Stapp couldn't make worse.

-=Mike

Having seen him live in concert I should have known by now. I'd say this was the worst thing I've ever seen, but it doesn't top Scott finding a girl dying of lukemia in the audience and telling her it's ok because he believes in god. Or saying "Well goddamnit..oh shit I'm sorry" and then crossing himself on stage.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Having seen him live in concert I should have known by now. I'd say this was the worst thing I've ever seen, but it doesn't top Scott finding a girl dying of lukemia in the audience and telling her it's ok because he believes in god. Or saying "Well goddamnit..oh shit I'm sorry" and then crossing himself on stage.

Those are true stories?

You can never tell with Jesus V 2.0

-=Mike

Guest Smues

Bases loaded, no outs in the 8th. Is there a pool yet on how many people will die tonight in Boston either from rioting, or from just letting themselves slip after hanging on to life just to see the Red Sox finally win?