TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

World Series 2004

That'd be like my wife cheering for the Broncos because she likes their uniforms.

I dunno, man, they are pretty nice uniforms.

I had that Red Sox Flag in my sig back before the All-Star break when they were losing games left and right.
'

Yeah, you had theirs and about 40 other team flags, too. Your point?

That'd be like my wife cheering for the Broncos because she likes their uniforms.

I dunno, man, they are pretty nice uniforms.

I had that Red Sox Flag in my sig back before the All-Star break when they were losing games left and right.
'

Yeah, you had theirs and about 40 other team flags, too. Your point?

Actually I had: OU, Red Sox, Celtics, Eagles, and Bruins.

Point is that you're accusing me of jumping on the bandwagon when they started beating the Yankees and I'm saying that bandwagon didn't start when they were losing games and I was cheering them on.

You're all wrong and you know you're all wrong.

I think the problem is that you (and others) have about 20 different favorites, and you jump from team to team depending on how they are doing; if a team's winning, you're a fan. If they don't, it's "screw em', who's next on the list?" I mean, you didn't know a damn thing about baseball and yet you rooted for the Sox? That's like me cheering for Sydney's Aussie rules football team even though I know jack about the sport.

It just REALLY annoys me when people have 8 favorite teams in one sport. Just pick one and stick with it, already. Maybe it's because I've grown up in an area with a rich history in pro sports, but I just can't fathom people dumping teams like a 16 year old dumps his girlfriend and tries to find someone better.

That and the impact of ending an 86 year drought is kind of lessened when you've been a fan for two years. Jim Baker wrote a piece on this topic (regarding the '86 Mets), and it sums up the frustration fairly well.

Al and KingPK summed up my thoughts nicely. Hey, you're a Sox fan. That's great. But don't act like you've been along on some crazy ride with fans who've stood by the team longer than a couple of years.

Hell, I've been a Cubs fan since 1994 and I feel that's been too long to wait for a World Championship. I can't imagine what it's like for someone who's been a fan of the team for decades.

But yeah, enjoy the victory. Just don't act like it's the greatest thing that's ever happened to you because you haven't been through all or anywhere close to all of the heartbreaks a lot of the Sox faithful have endured over the years.

You became a fan of the team when doing so became the in thing to do.

There isn't any, really. I'm just saying he shouldn't speak as if he's been waiting his entire life to see this. I know he never claimed to have been a fan all his life or even more than a couple of years, but he's giving off the impression that he's been with this team through the good and the bad.

As I said earlier, I've been a Cubs fan since I started watching baseball. They're what got me to love the game. I was basically hooked on them from day one for reasons I still can't explain. So I know that it doesn't always take long to "fall in love" with a team. He just picked a convienient time to do so.

The fact is though I was a fan of them before they started winning. So I didn't suddenly fall in love with them when they won the World Series. I was rooting for them when they were losing in the midseason. I have never supported another baseball team.

Also I don't like 80 different teams. I like the Celtics and the Rockets. Different conferences. If they could meet in the finals every year I'd be a happy man.

I like the Eagles(i've always liked the eagles) and the Chiefs. I root for both of them but Eagles take over all. If the Eagles and Chiefs played in every Super Bowl I'd be happy.

You're probably thinking of when I rooted for the Patriots. I explained that b/c I was pissed about the Panthers beating the Eagles. So I put my hatred of the Patriots aside in hopes they'd whip the Panthers ass so I could have some measure of retribution.

So no I don't like 80 different teams in sports. I like one baseball team and in the other sports the teams come from different conferences. And I still have a clearcut favorite over all else(Celtics and Eagles).

And it wasn't the greatest thing that ever happened to me. But it is pretty damn exciting. The greatest thing for me will be when the Eagles FINALLY do it or the Celtics rise back to dominance(which may be a long time from now but i have time).

The fact is though I was a fan of them before they started winning. So I didn't suddenly fall in love with them when they won the World Series. I was rooting for them when they were losing in the midseason. I have never supported another baseball team...

Sooo... you've been a die-hard fan since all the way back...

:: checks quote again ::

... to the middle of the season? :huh:

The fact is though I was a fan of them before they started winning. So I didn't suddenly fall in love with them when they won the World Series. I was rooting for them when they were losing in the midseason. I have never supported another baseball team...

Sooo... you've been a die-hard fan since all the way back...

:: checks quote again ::

... to the middle of the season? :huh:

No. I've always liked the Red Sox. I've never not watched baseball completely. I didn't know jack shit about it before and wasn't a regular watcher but when I did turn it on I was rooting for the Sox. Then I was finally like "Fuck it I'm getting into this shit this season! So I've got a team already.....I just need to learn the game!" So I started watching it and learning about the game and that's when I started getting hit with the history of the Sox and being like "Well I already liked them but this is cool. I hope they do it." And then they did it. So I'm like "Yay." and I celebrate. But it's not something life altering for me like it is for an 80 year old man that's been through it all.

since I havent posted in sports for awhile, I will first start off being a man of my word and congratulating the sox and their fans. as much as it pains me, you truly were the better team. Enjoy your celebration

there you see there are plenty of classy yankees fans who can be honest and not go into denial. and believe it or not, there are hardcore yanks fans like me who live and die with this team and I felt as much grief as any sox fan has felt over the last 86 years (though that is debatable i guess cuz 86 years is a long time)

it is kinda funny how the only thing that seems to matter to the fans and team is that they beat us, and not the whole ws title thats worth a million times more.

and the cards should be ashamed of themesevles the way they laid down the whole series, but I guess the sox were on a roll that couldnt be stopped

but thats all heresay

heres to next year

remember Brian and George, pitching wins championships