TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angelus

Smackdown Spoilers 10.26.04

Guest LooneyTune
According to the Torch, Stephanie won out, and they'll edit out any of the non-selling.

Thank God. Vince couldn't have possibly been that stupid.

According to the Torch, Stephanie won out, and they'll edit out any of the non-selling.

Thank God. Vince couldn't have possibly been that stupid.

...You haven't realized Vince has gone whacko yet?

Steph is the voice of reason in creative?

*shudders*

On Raw, at least, I guess.

On SD, I would figure Heyman would be, and can picture him easily going on Lewis-Black-style rants.

I'm gonna reserve calling the TE kids stupid for the time being. I want to know exactly how much training they've had first. I mean, when exactly do you learn the finer points of selling? Or is selling something you just know you're supposed to do?

This isn't exactly the 'finer points' of selling. It's selling at it's most basic (you know, the stuff even RVD can do - take a move, make it look like it hurt more than it really did). It should not require any training at all to be able to do this. What a bunch of idiots.

Guys are usually taught how to take the bumps before they learn the art of selling. They're told to get right back up after every bump so they can take the bump again. It's part of the drills and that's all they're probably at at this point.

Blame Al and anyone else in charge backstage for not making it clear.

I'm gonna reserve calling the TE kids stupid for the time being. I want to know exactly how much training they've had first. I mean, when exactly do you learn the finer points of selling? Or is selling something you just know you're supposed to do?

This isn't exactly the 'finer points' of selling. It's selling at it's most basic (you know, the stuff even RVD can do - take a move, make it look like it hurt more than it really did). It should not require any training at all to be able to do this. What a bunch of idiots.

Guys are usually taught how to take the bumps before they learn the art of selling. They're told to get right back up after every bump so they can take the bump again. It's part of the drills and that's all they're probably at at this point.

Ok, when you do an "angle" beforehand where the Big Show gets in your face and says you don't belong here....you shouldn't NEED to be told that you should sell the damn body slam he delivers. Not to mention, you are on the damn show where you WILL be selling the moves if you win. This isn't exactly rocket science here.

They should have sold it like a gunshot wound ala HBK and then when they get to the back go, "wow, that was pretty easy" and take the one or two pats on the back for their selling.

Already this is a batch of morons.

I guess all the members of Tough Enough do have watch a least one wrestling match in their live so ... It's not that difficult to remember that in this "sport" a move like a powerslam hurt !? I just hope that someone like the Miz sold this damn move

Sorry for my english .... i'm from parts unknown

Didn't *some* of the TE guys sell the slam though? If so, maybe what happened is they were told to sell...but some forgot.

It's a rookie mistake, but I can understand it. You fuck up when you're learning. You're nervous, you're unsure of yourself. You're not used to how things are. That's how it goes.

Some companies might have thought twice about putting guys WHO ARE STILL LEARNING THE BASICS in a major segment on one of their key shows.

Ok, when you do an "angle" beforehand where the Big Show gets in your face and says you don't belong here....you shouldn't NEED to be told that you should sell the damn body slam he delivers. Not to mention, you are on the damn show where you WILL be selling the moves if you win. This isn't exactly rocket science here.

It's not their fault. Obviously they all had acid reflux.

Didn't *some* of the TE guys sell the slam though? If so, maybe what happened is they were told to sell...but some forgot.

It's a rookie mistake, but I can understand it. You fuck up when you're learning. You're nervous, you're unsure of yourself. You're not used to how things are. That's how it goes.

Some companies might have thought twice about putting guys WHO ARE STILL LEARNING THE BASICS in a major segment on one of their key shows.

Actually, the guys who sold only told after Al apparently walked up to them and informed them to sell.

I think Al and the WWE gave them way too much credit for intelligience. They are lucky the Big Show wasn't Hardcore Holly though. If it had been Holly, we might have had an entirely different situation.

Actually, the guys who sold only told after Al apparently walked up to them and informed them to sell.

I think Al and the WWE gave them way too much credit for intelligience. They are lucky the Big Show wasn't Hardcore Holly though. If it had been Holly, we might have had an entirely different situation.

Ok, now I'm wondering if they were told or even taught how to sell. I can totally see WWE going this far and then realizing they forgot something important.

Here's some people we can point a finger at.

- As previously reported, Vince McMahon is not at the Smackdown taping tonight, delaying Smackdown production meetings two hours as Vince was calling in changes to the show.

- With Vince out, and co-head writer David Lagana on vacation this week, PWInsider.com's Mike Johnson is reporting that Paul Heyman did a lot to put together tonight's show with the wrestlers, along with Stephanie, HHH and RAW writer Brian Gewirtz helping out.

- With Stephanie and HHH doing a lot backstage, but not Shane McMahon, there's a lot of talk that the future of the company is in the power couple. Shane's role has mostly been on the multimedia aspects of WWE, including interactive, publishing, etc.

- Bruce Prichard returned to Smackdown, producing the pre-taped vignettes, and reportedly lowering morale that had been more optimistic with Prichard out of the loop.

[Credit: PWInsider.com]

:throwup:

-Vince McMahon called WWE production today and informed them that he wanted the footage to air "as is" regarding Big Show. After discussion among several people that saw the raw footage, the feeling was that Big Show was never made to look weak even though some of the contestants didn't know how to properly sells his moves. "It looked like he killed them," says one source. The feeling today is that Stephanie overreacted when she argued that some of the footage exposed the bodyslams as fake looking. Vince, of course, has the final word, and he made it clear today that he wants the entire footage to air, apparently because without editing, he feels it makes for good TV.

Credit - The Torch

Melter's latest update also confirms that Vince has decided to air the footage uncut.