TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

And So it Begins

Guest cpac

Oooo Jeter also has something well two things that Manny doesn't have. One is intelligence and the other is Class. So go root for that ignorant idiot all you want. I rather have root for someone with class and gives respect to others. Congrats Boston you won a fucking world series now get over the yankees. God the team finally wins a fucking world series and they are so caught up with the yankees. Show a little class and enjoy an accomplishment instead of worrying about the yankees. Dont you have anything better to do?

Guest Anglesault
Anglesault, the size of your graphic is really annoying. Can you minimize it?

Or is it proportional to the size of the choke-job the Yankees did...

No, that'd be the BIGGEST CHOKE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS.

Okay...

I'm sure you have some point.

Manny Ramirez - Defending World Series Champion.

And to be fair, we have no proof that Manny knows how to read.

Guest Anglesault
Manny Ramirez is a much, much better hitter than Derek Jeter, not even close.

Good Lord, who even made the comparison?

Manny Ramirez is a much, much better hitter than Derek Jeter, not even close.  Give me someone who can hit over "Intangibles"

Which is why Jeter has about the exact same career batting average as Manny Ramirez.

Manny Ramirez is a much, much better hitter than Derek Jeter, not even close.  Give me someone who can hit over "Intangibles"

Which is why Jeter has about the exact same career batting average as Manny Ramirez.

career for Jeter: .315 .385 .463

Career for Ramirez .316. .411 .599

Big advantage for Manny in OBP and a huge one in slugging percentage

career for Jeter: .315 .385 .463

Career for Ramirez .316. .411 .599

Big advantage for Manny in OBP and a huge one in slugging percentage

3% higher when the leage OBP average was a point lower for Jeter is not a big advantage on Jeter. The only advantage he has, is power. Plus, Jeter dominates him in the postseason, is a better baserunner, and is a better defensive player (Well, anyone is). Jeter is arguably a better all-around player.

Guest Brian

Yes, same career average, but over ten years Jeter has 150 homeruns to Manny's 390 over twelve. Manny's OPS is 160 points higher, and fielding percentage is better. :D

Yes, same career average, but over ten years Jeter has 150 homeruns to Manny's 390 over twelve. Manny's OPS is 160 points higher, and fielding percentage is better. :D

Jeter's played 8 full years. Not ten. But yeah, Manny is a much better power hitter. That's pretty much it. Everything else is close.

Guest Anglesault
Yes, same career average, but over ten years Jeter has 150 homeruns to Manny's 390 over twelve.

You can't base things on homeruns. Would you consider Manny a better baseball player than Joe DiMaggio? Manny's a better hitter than Jeter, but not because he hits alot of Homeruns.

Sure, he's a better hitter. I never said he wasn't. But I did say that other than power, everything else is not a big advantage for Manny. Jeter is arguably a better ALL-around player though.

Interesting stats on Jeter:

Career in Regular Season: .315/.385/.463

Career in Postseason: .314/.385/.469

Almost exactly the same! How exactly does he "turn up his game" and become more "clutch" in the postseason?

Guest Brian

Nine and a little bit of 1995. Same with MannyManny has almost twice as many RBI's, but that's understandable in his place in the order and likewise that Jeter's runs are so close. Manny 200 walks over him, and Jeter's not so big on walks. Manny's more patient and he has more power. Jeter's a good contact hitter. They both strikeout about 100 times a season.

Career in Regular Season: .315/.385/.463

Career in Postseason: .314/.385/.469

Almost exactly the same! How exactly does he "turn up his game" and become more "clutch" in the postseason?

What does this have to do with anything?

Interesting stats on Manny:

Career Regular Season: .316/.411/.599

Career Postseason: .232/.332/.473

How can he be considered a great hitter, if he can't hit in the clutch!?

(Again, it's all irrelevant to the argument.)

Guest Anglesault
Sure, he's a better hitter. I never said he wasn't. But I did say that other than power, everything else is not a big advantage for Manny. Jeter is arguably a better ALL-around player though.

Manny's a much better hitter, and even with Jeter's defensive woes, he's a much better fielder than Manny. The only reason Manny is in the field every day is because of Ortiz.

Jeter's offensive numbers are pretty good, defensively, he's acceptable.

Manny, offensively, is amazing and defensively is God awful

Nine and a little bit of 1995. Same with MannyManny has almost twice as many RBI's, but that's understandable in his place in the order and likewise that Jeter's runs are so close. Manny 200 walks over him, and Jeter's not so big on walks. Manny's more patient and he has more power. Jeter's a good contact hitter. They both strikeout about 100 times a season.

You can say that about the walks, but the walks Jeter doesn't get, he makes up in hits, which is why he has more hits per year than Manny.

Career in Regular Season:  .315/.385/.463

Career in Postseason:  .314/.385/.469

Almost exactly the same!  How exactly does he "turn up his game" and become more "clutch" in the postseason?

Yes, I know it's irrelevant, but those numbers caught my eye, just with all the talk of Jeter being clutch and all

If he made up for the walks with hits, he wouldn't be thirty points down in OBP.

He doesn't make up all of it, but he is close. And his OBP is more so about 25 points down because of difference in league's OBPs.

Career in Regular Season:  .315/.385/.463

Career in Postseason:  .314/.385/.469

Almost exactly the same!  How exactly does he "turn up his game" and become more "clutch" in the postseason?

Yes, I know it's irrelevant, but those numbers caught my eye, just with all the talk of Jeter being clutch and all

I guess you can say that people underrate Jeter during the regular season.

I guess you can say that people underrate Jeter during the regular season.

This is a great point, and they overrate him in the postseason. Jeter is a very good hitter, in the regular and post season. Enough with the clutch and intangible lines by the media. I wish the media would focus on these numbers a whole lot more

They probably say all of that because he doesn't fold under pressure. He remains the same hitter when the going gets tough. He doesn't get enormously better, but he remains the same and doesn't make more outs.

Oooo Jeter also has something well two things that Manny doesn't have. One is intelligence and the other is Class. So go root for that ignorant idiot all you want. I rather have root for someone with class and gives respect to others. Congrats Boston you won a fucking world series now get over the yankees. God the team finally wins a fucking world series and they are so caught up with the yankees. Show a little class and enjoy an accomplishment instead of worrying about the yankees. Dont you have anything better to do?

Sorry, my team completed the biggest comeback in baseball history and Manny decided to have a little bit of fun at Jeter's expense.

Get the fuck over yourself. This is undoubtedly the greatest week of his life, as well as the lives of Red Sox fans. And now he has no class? As opposed to a fanbase that wanted Tony Clark to die the night that Foulke struck him out? As opposed to this same person that wants Torre, Cashman and the rest of them fired for giving them four titles?

Some crafty logic there.

And I'd take Manny over Jeter every day of the week and twice on Sunday. His defensive woes aren't as bad as people think, he's actually not that bad in the field and has a great arm, he just makes mistakes every now and then. Like Jeter.

Guest Anglesault
As opposed to this same person that wants Torre, Cashman and the rest of them fired for giving them four titles?

You could argue that both are responsible for the last two years worth of diasters.

Four rings only takes you so far.

As opposed to this same person that wants Torre, Cashman and the rest of them fired for giving them four titles?

You could argue that both are responsible for the last two years worth of diasters.

This attitude makes me hate yanks fans more than anything.

YOU WON FOUR FUCKING TITLES

I'm more than happy with this one. Yet, the yanks win four and it's nothing. "Gee, only four titles."

I'm more than happy with this one. Yet, the yanks win four and it's nothing. "Gee, only four titles."

I'm happy the Yankees have won four titles. But that doesn't mean that the Yankees should lose for the rest of eternity. Once the playoffs roll around, you'll want another one.

Guest Anglesault

I'm more than happy with this one.

Good. Don't root for the Red Sox next year then. You're happy with your ring and clearly don't want another.

I happen to want another ring. I want a parade, God damnit.

I'm more than happy with this one.

Good. Don't root for the Red Sox next year then. You're happy with your ring and clearly don't want another.

I happen to want another ring. I want a parade, God damnit.

Not saying that at all.

But be appreciative of what you've been given as a fan, for god's sake.