TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cerebus

The OaO Election Day (Month?) Thread

Guest Salacious Crumb
I want John Kerry to cry during his speech.

I want John Edwards to do a heel turn and cut a promo on John Kerry.

Guest thebigjig

Kerry's speech was very poignant. I couldn't see anything because I was listening on the internet, but did he get choked up at one point?

Kerry's speech was very poignant. I couldn't see anything because I was listening on the internet, but did he get choked up at one point?

Yes.

It's funny: Democratic candidates always show their most personality in their concession speeches. what the hell is that?

Guest MikeSC

And Mark Halperin, he of the infamous ABC memo, has just referred to Bush as being a lame duck President who needs to govern from the center.

Funny, I don't remember hearing that about Clinton THE DAY AFTER HE WON THE 1996 ELECTION.

-=Mike

And Mark Halperin, he of the infamous ABC memo, has just referred to Bush as being a lame duck President who needs to govern from the center.

Funny, I don't remember hearing that about Clinton THE DAY AFTER HE WON THE 1996 ELECTION.

-=Mike

Did Clinton bring out record numbers like this?

Almost everyone voted who ever would this time, and while we didn't actually win, we proved that no matter how large the group is that supports Bush, there's an (almost) equally large group that seriously hates him like the devil.

For everyone's sakes, he would do better becoming more of a centerist to help Rudy or McCain in 08.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Did Clinton bring out record numbers like this?

Almost everyone voted who ever would this time, and while we didn't actually win, we proved that no matter how large the group is that supports Bush, there's an (almost) equally large group that seriously hates him like the devil.

For everyone's sakes, he would do better becoming more of a centerist to help Rudy or McCain in 08.

Clinton never got a majority. Ever. Bush has.

Bush has increased the GOP in the House and Senate. Clinton didn't.

You had your massive turnout --- and Bush handed the Dems their collective ass.

-=Mike

-=Mike

Which doesn't mean that there's still 40+% that DIDN'T go to him. And that's not just a regular election where the average Joe stays at home and only the party faithfuls vote, that was after a huge GOTV effort by both sides.

Go ahead and gloat since you won, but could you please stop taking potshots at Clinton? He may not have ever gotten a majority vote but he certainly kicked ass in that all-important electoral college that just until yesterday was supposedly the most important institution of our democracy that should never be touched as it ensures fairness.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Which doesn't mean that there's still 40+% that DIDN'T go to him.

Tough shit. 57% voted against Clinton in 1992. He certainly still tried to go for health care reform et al --- and NOBODY criticized HIM for doing so.

And that's not just a regular election where the average Joe stays at home and only the party faithfuls vote, that was after a huge GOTV effort by both sides.

And the GOP did what the Dems thought impossible (but I KNEW they'd pull off) --- they GOTV better. MUCH better.

Go ahead and gloat since you won, but could you please stop taking potshots at Clinton?

Nope. If you're going to bitch about Bush, I have no problems mentioning the double standard in regards to Clinton.

He may not have ever gotten a majority vote but he certainly kicked ass in that all-important electoral college that just until yesterday was supposedly the most important institution of our democracy that should never be touched as it ensures fairness.

The EC is important. Extremely so. And, thankfully, Bush won.

But I thought that the PV gave you a mandate --- and in both of his elections, most people voted against Clinton.

Bush got the majority on his side. He has a CLEAR mandate.

-=Mike

Nope. If you're going to bitch about Bush, I have no problems mentioning the double standard in regards to Clinton.

Fine. I just hope you'll play it fair (and balanced lol) and criticize Bush more oftens for the mistakes that even you know he makes but you previously ignored. You don't have to worry about his election chances, he has nowhere else up to go from here, so hopefully you'll give his less Republican-leaning decisions the thrashing they deserve.

It should be a sight.

The country is still split. We are in the same boat as we have been for the last couple of years, only difference is now, the country has to deal with it for another four years.