TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cmpunk04

All 20 gauntlet workers announced

TNAwrestling.com has put up the full list of wrestlers for the gauntlet in the Victory Road section:

Alex Shelly

Amazing Red

Chris Sabin

D Ray 3000

Hector Garza

Jason Cross

Jerelle Clarke

Kazarian

La Parka

Matt Sydal

Michael Shane

Mikey Batts

Miyamoto

Nosawa

Psychosis

Puma

Shark Boy

Sonjay Dutt

Sonny Siaki

Spanky

Guest The Last Free Voice

Puma and Spanky? Cool. Sonny? What? He hasn't been in the XD for EONS. And D-Ray, Shane and Kaz also bug me, as Shane and Kazarian should be doing the tag thing, and D-Ray sucks. Bring back Nigel and bring in Nate Webb, Delirious and someone else... Jeeze.

Guest whitemilesdavis

This is the match for people who have nothing else to do. It will be an entertaining spot fest, but it is a total cop-out for TNA, who need to focus onthe X-division. Throwing all the guys in one match does nothing for them.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I don't think so. They have to use this match to put over a TNA regular. I'm calling Sabin.

Puma and Spanky? Cool. Sonny? What? He hasn't been in the XD for EONS. And D-Ray, Shane and Kaz also bug me, as Shane and Kazarian should be doing the tag thing, and D-Ray sucks. Bring back Nigel and bring in Nate Webb, Delirious and someone else... Jeeze.

Kazarian, Shane and Siaki are former X-division champions, it would be retarded to replace them with a bunch of jobbers. And isn't Nigel McGuiness more of a european style wrestler.

Guest whitemilesdavis
Didn't Sabin win the #20 spot, tho? Those "gauaranteed winners" rarely/if-ever win.

Unless they want to get him over as a heel. Then they have him steal the win from a more deserving competitor. Plus, in the gauntlet matches, they still wrestle after the battle royal, so the placement isn't as important.

Kazarian, Shane and Siaki are former X-division champions, it would be retarded to replace them with a bunch of jobbers. And isn't Nigel McGuiness more of a european style wrestler.

I'm aware of the fact that they are former X champs, but I just think that they fit better elsewhere, and shouldn't be there. And originally, when the XD was at it's best, the "jobbers" were the ones coming in and making names for themselvs. Red, Sabin, etc. So new faces is something the XD needs, not rehashes of past champs. And yea, Nigel's a brit style worker, but I'd like to see him anyway, he was in one in the past, and did fairly well....

I'm aware of the fact that they are former X champs, but I just think that they fit better elsewhere, and shouldn't be there. And originally, when the XD was at it's best, the "jobbers" were the ones coming in and making names for themselvs. Red, Sabin, etc. So new faces is something the XD needs, not rehashes of past champs. And yea, Nigel's a brit style worker, but I'd like to see him anyway, he was in one in the past, and did fairly well....

There are already two new faces in Puma and Matt Sydal. Replacing Kazarian, Shane and Siaki with McGuiness, Delirious and Nate Webb means a quarter of the wrestlers will be new faces. I don't think that will go too well with the paying customer and IMO Kazarian was the MVP of the last battle royal.

I'm thinking Hector Garza will win. I believe he just signed a contract with TNA, and they have always been high on him. Very underated, if given the chance he can shine. I Always enjoyed his work as part of Team Mexico, and thought he was the best one on the team.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think Spanky will win because they'll probably push him pretty hard if he's going to be a full time guy.

The paying customer will either be us (Ie, diehard fans who have been around for a while, and probibly indy fans) or new fans to see Hardy/Hall/Nash etc. And they won't know anybetter. So I dont see any reason NOT to have a bunch of new guys in it. Give someone a chance to shine, I say.

Guest Haps' Happenin'

I think "The Spanker" is probably happy in Japan, knowing the way he just quit the WWE due to his dislike of their style. He probably will get a type of role similar to Low-Ki.

Sydal, Puma, Parla and Cross are all excellent choices, but part of me is disappointed TNA didn't get a few more new faces in the mix. Although going over that list, I admit it would be hard to pick who to leave out. They should have a responsibility to their signed guys, first and foremost.

They could make the eight-man tag a ten-man, with Shelley for the heels and Siaki for the faces. That would pull out two workers who don't really fit with the X-Division mold, and leave room open for Nate Webb and, since they're bringing in the young Sydal, Delirious.

Now I'd like to respond to one of the comments made previously in the thread...

Yes, Nigel does excel in his trademark European style. He could adapt to any kind of match, but part of me wouldn't like to see him here, since he could slow down the match if he were in for any substantial duration. But on the other hand, that constrast could be played up by the announcers to provide a new layer to the story told by X-Division flyers.

Alex Shelly

Uh...okay. He hasn't even been booked as X-Division in TNA, so whatever.

Amazing Red

Sucked since his knee injury. Shouldn't be brought back unless he gets back to 98% health.

Chris Sabin

Should be in AJ Styles' place, and AJ should be in Jeff Jarrett's place, and The Truth should be in Jeff Hardy's place.

D Ray 3000

Sucks

Hector Garza

Meh. Not X-Division outside of his corkscrew moonsault, but hey, he's very charismatic and can work a good match.

Jason Cross

Meh. Always been indifferent about him.

Jerelle Clarke

Meh. Has nothing outside of the 630.

Kazarian

Sucks, not X-Division, shouldn't even be in the company (wow, how many people can I say THAT for?).

La Parka

YESSS!!!!

Matt Sydal

Meh.

Michael Shane

Not X-Division whatsoever, and should be focusing on the tag division, since I actually enjoy the team of Michael Shane and Frankie Kazarian when Kazarian doesn't try to be X-Division.

Mikey Batts

Meh.

Miyamoto

Sucked in the World X-Cup, and I don't expect anything more from him here.

Nosawa

WHY DOES TNA THINK FANS LIKE HIM?! BECAUSE HE'S A FAGGY MALLGOTH VERSION OF TAJIRI WITHOUT THE TALENT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Here's a hint: his US break was in XPW. That ALONE should be a reason to think twice.

Psychosis

Nicho owno.

Puma

Who?

Shark Boy

Not fucking X-Division.

Sonjay Dutt

Boring, BORING worker.

Sonny Siaki

NOT FUCKING X-DIVISION!! DID TNA NOT LEARN THIS BY THE FACT THAT EVERY FAN EVERYWHERE SAID SIAKI WAS THE WORST X-DIVISION CHAMPION UNTIL MICHAEL SHANE WON THE BELT?!?!?!?! The man has promise, but is best used in a tag team to hide his (many) weaknesses.

Spanky

**jizzes self**

So yeah. This match is going to suck. Bad.

Puma is one of the Original Havana Pitbulls in CMLL (i think thats the company). He's a good flyier, iirc.

PUMA's good talent, I see him all the time in PWG, he can chain wrestle, fly, go lucha, and bring the stiffness if he wants to.

Great to see him in this match, but I don't know if it's really a worthy showcase of his skills.