TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

What Would YOU Do?

2) No joint PPV’s except for WrestleMania. This relates to the first point, in that the illusion, however it might get built up on TV, just gets destroyed when both brands appear on the same PPV. This should be stopped right away, with the only combined PPV being WrestleMania, where any brand v brand matches will seem more special, and the whole event will seem more special, because it really will be the only event of the year where you can see both brands.

How about the damage that would be done to the Royal Rumble by doing so?

Any damage that may or may not be caused would be more than offest by the aura devloped at WrestleMania, where the brand v brand stuff would happen, because it would seem far more special if two guys from opposite brands lock up for the very first time at WM, rather than in a meaningless two minute segment during the Rumble.

2) No joint PPV’s except for WrestleMania. This relates to the first point, in that the illusion, however it might get built up on TV, just gets destroyed when both brands appear on the same PPV. This should be stopped right away, with the only combined PPV being WrestleMania, where any brand v brand matches will seem more special, and the whole event will seem more special, because it really will be the only event of the year where you can see both brands.

Any damage that may or may not be caused would be more than offest by the aura devloped at WrestleMania, where the brand v brand stuff would happen, because it would seem far more special if two guys from opposite brands lock up for the very first time at WM, rather than in a meaningless two minute segment during the Rumble.

I think he means the Rumble match itself, because if you haven't noticed, neither Raw or Smackdown has 30 wrestlers alone. Raw has around 25 and Smackdown 27. Summerslam and Survivor Series can be brand exclusive, but the Rumble has to have both brands on it just so the actual Rumble match can happen.

I think he means the Rumble match itself, because if you haven't noticed, neither Raw or Smackdown has 30 wrestlers alone. Raw has around 25 and Smackdown 27. Summerslam and Survivor Series can be brand exclusive, but the Rumble has to have both brands on it just so the actual Rumble match can happen.

Then they hire more workers.

Guest LooneyTune

WWE has plans for 3 people: Triple H, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker.

Everyone else has their storylines booked on burger king napkins 5 minutes before shows start.

Those people were let go for cost reasons.  They let go those that they felt were expendable. 

Dames

Because they had no plans for them presumably. With these theoretical signings, they would have definite plans for them, and so would be willing to hire them.

You really would gamble the number two ppv of the year(correct me If I'm mistaken), and one of the few sure draws the company still has left, on the strength of one brand, which would contain of a number of people the fans wouldn't be familar with enough to pay for? Also, with no confrontation tease taking place during the Rumble and the total seperation of the brands, would these matches be drawn out of a hat, voted for, or something else? Seems using the cross promotional matches on Wrestlemania is putting all the eggs in the big basket, leaving little for the smaller ones.

You really would gamble the number two ppv of the year(correct me If I'm mistaken), and one of the few sure draws the company still has left, on the strength of one brand, which would contain of a number of people the fans wouldn't be familar with enough to pay for? Also, with no confrontation tease taking place during the Rumble and the total seperation of the brands, would these matches be drawn out of a hat, voted for, or something else? Seems using the cross promotional matches on Wrestlemania is putting all the eggs in the big basket, leaving little for the smaller ones.

They did well enough before the split, so there is no reason they couldn't do just as well here, assuming they booked things properly. And I think the cross-promotional matches would be more than worth it, because the split would be far more credible, and the inter-brand matches would then seem a lot more special.

Those people were let go for cost reasons.  They let go those that they felt were expendable. 

Dames

Because they had no plans for them presumably. With these theoretical signings, they would have definite plans for them, and so would be willing to hire them.

Like I said...it's for cost reasons.

Let's say that you're a manager with 4 employees and your company can only afford to keep 3, you fire one and that's it. You don't hire another one...because that contradicts the reason for firing the other.

Dames

Dames

Like I said...it's for cost reasons.

Let's say that you're a manager with 4 employees and your company can only afford to keep 3, you fire one and that's it. You don't hire another one...because that contradicts the reason for firing the other.

Dames

Theoretically, they would have confidence in investing in the new talent, because they would feel that the plans they had in mind would make it worth it to hire them.

....Do you not realize that they already have talents on their roster in OVW waiting to be called up? It's their version of the minor leagues, so they don't have to sign anyone...they've already been signed.

It's just a cost measure.

Dames

Guest LooneyTune

Why LOSE money hiring new talent that have no gurantee of making any money, especially as mid-carders or less. The purpose of firing a lot of people is to not lose as much money, not to give it to other people to continue losing it.

....Do you not realize that they already have talents on their roster in OVW waiting to be called up? It's their version of the minor leagues, so they don't have to sign anyone...they've already been signed.

It's just a cost measure.

Dames

If they felt the talent in OVW was ready, or had plans for them, they would have been called up. If they develop plans and such for the OVW guys, then they could bring them up instead. But even then, they couldn't bring up all of them, because it's unlikely that they'd all be ready for prime time. At least with outside talent, they would know, I hope, that the talent they'd be getting would be ready.

At least with outside talent, they would know, I hope, that the talent they'd be getting would be ready.

You realize that you're talking about the same company that signed Ultimo Dragon thinking he was a Rey Mysterio type wrestler without checking him out first.

WWE really doesn't have anywhere else to shop around for wrestlers these days. The only ones out there are TNA guys, which are chock full of former stars, stars that Vince has beef with or guys that Vince considers too small.

If he'd change his booking philosophy, he'd have a lot more talent out there to work with, but for right now, what you see plus who ever is in OVW is what you get.

Dames

They did well enough before the split, so there is no reason they couldn't do just as well here, assuming they booked things properly.

So it's not broke, let's fix it anyway? And assuming that it will be booked properly pretty much would mean this thread wouldn't have to exist.

And I think the cross-promotional matches would be more than worth it, because the split would be far more credible, and the inter-brand matches would then seem a lot more special.

Yes, not denying the fact that the matches would draw, far from it in fact. Just saying why use it on the main program of the year, that will be special without the matches, when you can make a tyopically lackluster ppv an instant success by having cross promotional on it to draw interest? Hell in the Cell and Elimination chambers also draw still I believe, would you also throw them on Wrestlemania un-neccesarily?

EDIT: Anyway, nice to have a new solid poster here, it was fun, but have to go cook for a bit.

The biggest suggestion I would make, that I think would actually be listened to, would be the Weight Division suggestion.

Heavyweight Division

Weight: 245+

Wrestlers:

1 Big Show

2 Bubba

3 Booker

4 JBL

5 Taker

6 Danny Basham

7 Heidenreich

8 Kenzo

9 Luther

10 Jindrak

11 Orlando

12 Rene Dupree

Middleweight Division

Weight: 220-245lbs

Wrestlers:

1 Kurt Angle

2 RVD

3 Eddie

4 Charlie Haas

5 Dvon Dudley

6 John Cena

7 Carlito

8 Doug Basham

9 Hardcore Holly

Cruiserweight Division

Weight: 220 and under

Wrestlers:

1 Akio

2 Rey

3 London

4 Kidman

5 Spike

6 Funaki

7 Nunzio

8 Chavo

9 Scotty

10 Moore

Now, this has multiple advantages.

- It gets rid of the natural pecking order that the US title and WWE title have created, where all belts are equal on paper. This opens up a lot more variety in your main events. You can headline a PPV with the Middleweight title whereas you can't headline a PPV with the US title.

- It gives each title a distinction. The heavyweight title is for the big men, so the matches you'd get from them would be hard-hitting brawls. The middleweight title is for the pure wrestlers, this is your 'wrestling title'. Names like Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero give this belt value, as would the matches under it. The cruiserweight title is the 'exciting' title, unfortunately the stigma of being a lesser title is already attached to it, but the weight divisions allow it a chance to grow - since cruiserweights won't get to be squashed under the big monsters.

- People can move up or down in weight, thus allowing guys some leeway to move around. If a heavyweight is not successful in that division, maybe he could move down. Or if a Middleweight is not successful in that division, he could move up or down to the other divisions. This give the belts value.

- The Tag division would be an open weight division, so you *can* get interaction between the wrestlers, and it makes you think about the dynamics of a team. A big guy and little guy team up, that means you get strength and speed - a really good combination. Combinations can be worked and that is what makes tag teams fun. Each guy plays a role rather than both guys being equal. The Hart Foundation was a perfect example of this.

-It differentiates Smackdown from RAW. Smackdown has already used "tale of the tape", so it's not necessarily out of place on Smackdown. This also sets up a natural "ranking" system, because it limits the amount of guys per division. The Heavyweight division has 12 guys, the Middleweight has 9, the Cruiserweight has 10. The top guys in each division are given a feud, the bottom guys are jobbers. It's also DIFFERENT from what the WWE normally does, it's a real change in format, and I think that can draw attention.

At least with outside talent, they would know, I hope, that the talent they'd be getting would be ready.

You realize that you're talking about the same company that signed Ultimo Dragon thinking he was a Rey Mysterio type wrestler without checking him out first.

WWE really doesn't have anywhere else to shop around for wrestlers these days. The only ones out there are TNA guys, which are chock full of former stars, stars that Vince has beef with or guys that Vince considers too small.

If he'd change his booking philosophy, he'd have a lot more talent out there to work with, but for right now, what you see plus who ever is in OVW is what you get.

Dames

I concede your points, but my suggestions are presented on the assumption that, for whatever reason, Vince actually listens to them. Granted, that's drifting into the realms of fantasy booking, but if we stuck to what actually was possible, then there would be no point in making suggestions, because few, if any, would be implemented.

Anyway, nice to have a new solid poster here, it was fun, but have to go cook for a bit.

Thanks. :)

Guest Korgath

I might get flack for saying this, but I think more overseas tours would do the company good. Take the recent Manchester shows - those were through the roof, morale was ridiculously high and everyone went home happy.

The RAW roster hasn't been down to South-East Asia or Australia in a while. I bet a lot of marks in this region would pay big money to see Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Benoit (again). :) Flair is super-over here in Singapore too... they could tease the face turn and everyone would mark out for it.

The WWE needs to stop banking on the domestic US market and start looking at tapping into overseas markets. Look at how over Eddie got once the belt was put on him.

Guest LooneyTune

I agree, but one problem: If WWE over-does it with other out of North American markets, then it will most likely hurt them when it comes to drawing tickets. Not as bad as it is in the states and Canada, but the reason why the WWE does so great everywhere is because they only do like 2 shows a year in some countries.

The biggest suggestion I would make, that I think would actually be listened to, would be the Weight Division suggestion.

Heavyweight Division

Weight: 245+

Wrestlers:

1 Big Show

2 Bubba

3 Booker

4 JBL

5 Taker

6 Danny Basham

7 Heidenreich

8 Kenzo

9 Luther

10 Jindrak

11 Orlando

12 Rene Dupree

Middleweight Division

Weight: 220-245lbs

Wrestlers:

1 Kurt Angle

2 RVD

3 Eddie

4 Charlie Haas

5 Dvon Dudley

6 John Cena

7 Carlito

8 Doug Basham

9 Hardcore Holly

Cruiserweight Division

Weight: 220 and under

Wrestlers:

1 Akio

2 Rey

3 London

4 Kidman

5 Spike

6 Funaki

7 Nunzio

8 Chavo

9 Scotty

10 Moore

Now, this has multiple advantages.

- It gets rid of the natural pecking order that the US title and WWE title have created, where all belts are equal on paper. This opens up a lot more variety in your main events. You can headline a PPV with the Middleweight title whereas you can't headline a PPV with the US title.

- It gives each title a distinction. The heavyweight title is for the big men, so the matches you'd get from them would be hard-hitting brawls. The middleweight title is for the pure wrestlers, this is your 'wrestling title'. Names like Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero give this belt value, as would the matches under it. The cruiserweight title is the 'exciting' title, unfortunately the stigma of being a lesser title is already attached to it, but the weight divisions allow it a chance to grow - since cruiserweights won't get to be squashed under the big monsters.

- People can move up or down in weight, thus allowing guys some leeway to move around. If a heavyweight is not successful in that division, maybe he could move down. Or if a Middleweight is not successful in that division, he could move up or down to the other divisions. This give the belts value.

- The Tag division would be an open weight division, so you *can* get interaction between the wrestlers, and it makes you think about the dynamics of a team. A big guy and little guy team up, that means you get strength and speed - a really good combination. Combinations can be worked and that is what makes tag teams fun. Each guy plays a role rather than both guys being equal. The Hart Foundation was a perfect example of this.

-It differentiates Smackdown from RAW. Smackdown has already used "tale of the tape", so it's not necessarily out of place on Smackdown. This also sets up a natural "ranking" system, because it limits the amount of guys per division. The Heavyweight division has 12 guys, the Middleweight has 9, the Cruiserweight has 10. The top guys in each division are given a feud, the bottom guys are jobbers. It's also DIFFERENT from what the WWE normally does, it's a real change in format, and I think that can draw attention.

This idea is garbage IMO.

Alright.

Why go to that format now? When for years the WWE has been using the same format and not a weight divison. It has proven to be succesful at times.

And doing that format basically erases a tag team divison and breaks up the very few credible tag teams the WWE has left(Dudleys)

It just seems boring and would erase some of the good matches that the WWE can produce.

This isn't boxing folks.

Alright.

Why go to that format now? When for years the WWE has been using the same format and not a weight divison. It has proven to be succesful at times.

And doing that format basically erases a tag team divison and breaks up the very few credible tag teams the WWE has left(Dudleys)

It just seems boring and would erase some of the good matches that the WWE can produce.

This isn't boxing folks.

Changing the format might actually spark some interest. It's different, sure, but different isn't bad. And this format doesn't erase the tag team division, it gives it more scope in fact, by allowing more potential combinations to be made. I don't think WWE have any credible teams right now, and if they do, The Dudley's aren't one of them, because of how they've been treated for the past few months. How is it boring, when it mixes things up, and can create intrigue ?

You are right in one thing; this isn't boxing. Boxing can pull in 1M+ buy rates from time to time.

Guest LooneyTune

Maybe a titles #1 Contenders Match would make sense. For example, when it's something like in 2001 when Jeff Hardy would fight Raven or something for an IC Title Shot. Why are they contenders for the title? Did they earn a shot at the title? Etc.

It means the writers actually need to have a reason to do something other than randomly throwing 2-4 people in the ring and say they are all contenders for a title.

MMA INVASION! Lead by Ken Shamrock who was once billed as the World's Most Dangerous Man. The set up would be that Ken Shamrock has been training Puder for months for the sole purpose of hurting Kurt Angle because Ken is angry that somebody else has been using his signature move. So the week after kimura incident, Ken Shamrock would do a run in during one of the Tough Enough segments and attack Kurt Angle with some basic MMA submissions and refuse to let go. Kurt Angle would leave the ring on a stretcher with a neck brace from a triangle choke.

Then on the following Raw Quiton Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Lindel, Bob Sapp are seen in the front row of the show. Coach goes to interview Jackson starting out with small talk about how it is great to have fighters interested in wrestling. Then Bob Sapp crosses the barrior to smack Coach around in the ring. All four men go to the ring to do a promo with Jackson call Coach an "Uncle Tom" "Man-Servent" "Slave" and goes on how the black man was never given a chance in WWE. Minutes later Evolution's theme is heard, HHH does the "You are not on my level" promo then runs to the ring for big brawl finish of the show.

These incidents would lead to Survivor Series tag team match of MMA vs WWE as the main event. Evolution & Angle vs Ken Shamrock, Quiton Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Lindel, Bob Sapp, TE Puder. From here indivdual feuds will be built up from eliminations in the SS traditional match. Such as HHH will be elimated by Quiton Jackson thus setting up HHH vs Jackson follow up match on Monday Night Raw.

The Raw after the PPV will feature some MMA vs Evolution (Angle joins Evolution and Flair becomes manager) matches with the main event being Angle, HHH, Batista, Orton vs Shamrock, Jackson, Ortiz, Lindel. Puder will go on to shoot on past TE winners, this week it will be Maven. During the main event tag team rematch from the PPV Jackson once again goes over HHH by hitting his trademark multiply powerbomb lift move but there is controversy since the ref did not see that Jackson had his feet on the ropes for the pin. The next week HHH will go on a 15 minute promo of how he only lost because the MMA fighters cheated.

On Smackdown TE Puder goes after Jackie Gayda and Josh Mattheuws choking them out with MMA technique. Josh attempts to make the save but he is no match for a "real" fighter that knows more than how to take bumps.

After several weeks of build up the next PPV No Way Out will feature:

HHH vs Jackson for the title with Bob Sapp as special enforcer

Angle vs Shamrock

Batista vs Tito Ortiz

Orton vs Chuck Lindel

Puder vs Maven vs Matt Morgan

Well. I'll jump in here and although this is money in the bank in my mind I'll give it for free since they would not do this although it is realistic even with the politics. Give me the book until WM 21 and this is how things would look. I guess I would start with Survivor Series and I would have JBL retain and the faces winning the survivor series match for raw as the main stuff off of the shows.

RAW

I would have the backlash of the faces running raw for a month lead to the break up of Evolution. I would tell Vince that the group is no longer needed for Triple H and is a main reason he has not been drawing as well. There is no unpredictable nature surrounding Triple H because of his back-up with Evolution. The 4 Horsemen worked with Flair because they use to save his ass from losing the title. Triple H is a dominant heel as it is AND he has stable to protect him. It was fine in the beginning because people kind of wanted a new 4 horsemen. Kill it dead already. I would run Flair vs. Triple H and actually have Flair go over with the help of Randy Orton, but HHH gets the title back and is done with having back-up. Turning Flair face in this fashion would help restore some of his respect and be a guy fans can come to the arena to cheer. They don't want to boo him, so why do the opposite? It's not like he is heel Flair circa '86 anymore working matches. Maybe they can lead to Foley/Flair at WM 21 in legend vs. legend match like Hogan/Rock(not the same, but you get the gist).

The thing with HHH is that he does seem kind of lame without a backdrop and since this is about being REALISTIC and what the company would approve I suppose I would keep the title on HHH. You know what Triple H needs? He needs Stephanie Mcmahon by his side again. This would cause heel heat on the internet and in the arenas with them getting back together. HHH will have much more heel heat having the head of creative with him. You see the hate he gets with this without it even being on screen by net fans. If it is possible I would get Brock Lesnar to fight with Triple H for Mania 21 as I think Brock MIGHT be able to be a big time face if the wwe uses his nfl stint in a spin. Of course, he could get booed and if it turns HHH into a big face no harm done. Stephanie Mcmahon may also be a face with the way she was written out to begin with. Bottom line they need to drop Evolution and put Trips back with Stephanie. At least he seems more vulnerable with Steph in his corner since she is not back up like Evolution. HHH can face off against either Edge or Chris Benoit and use the WM XX backstory. It all depends how the fans react to Triple H moving on without Evolution and being with Stephanie. Jericho is another option with their past history including WM 18.

Forget this Orton headlining WrestleMania idea. I got a better idea. Build him up to face off against The Rock at WrestleMania 21. He should NOT get another title shot against Triple H by fouling up his Rumble victory. Allow Orton to NOT reach his destiny and have The Rock return and mock him about it. Yes, I know the fans will turn on Orton and that is what I would suggest. This will set up Orton's character to have REAL motivation to prove himself. The title route is coming off too forced and he IS not ready for it. You know what they have to do with Rock? Follow the blueprint of Hulk Hogan in 1992 with his feud with Sid. The Rock returns to say good-bye to his fans as rumours of his retirement are abuzz across hollywood and in the wwe. As the time comes closer have The Rock announce his retirement.

Orton/ock in Los Angeles and let him be the prick we know he can be by bragging he ran out The Rock from wrestling and that he is the real third generation star that didn't sell out the business his family helped to build like Rock did. This would be the real deal this time around when he says he's a legend killer and his character is fixed from the damage they have done since SummerSlam.

Another guy I would heavily push is Hossan. I don't know how this guy is in the ring though. You build this guy to run roughshod on the wwe and around WrestleMania 21 BRING BACK HULK HOGAN to face Hossan. The backdrop of LA is good because of Hogan's 3rd title win against Slaughter for WM 7. Have Hossan be the first wrestler of his nature to defeat "Real American" Hulk Hogan. Pay Hogan the big bucks to do the job and you have a monster heel in your hands. If not then have him face off against a major face from smackdown who wants to represent smackdown in hopes of being the one to finally have him go down. If that idea gets shot down there is always Chris Jericho ;)

I liked the idea about creating heat between raw and smackdown and the two best guys to represent their brands in an athletic display are Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels. Angle and Taker do not need to face each other for the title at the event(more on that later). Now with Evolution being disbanded you need a stable and I think a Canadian faction is the way to go. Have Edge and Christian form a group with La Resistance and Trish Stratus. Fellow Canadians know how the wwe can manipulate things here with the Ontario natives using the Quebec natives. Trish can be the Liz, while the two teams can be Macho and Hogan.

Smackdown

This will not be popular and I can't believe I would have ever suggested this, but keep JBL with the title and have him drop it to Cena in the main event. Have Cena be a mystery entrant in the Royal Rumble and win it. I mean a real surprise here where he takes the place of someone and goes on to win it. Have Cena represent the "streets" and JBL represent corporate America and bang you have a different spin on Austin (anti-establishment) against the corporation (Vince's corporate champion) and hopefully it can garner the same kind of interest.

I would turn Eddie heel and you do this by having him feud with Undertaker. That is how you can use Taker and give him the opportunity to have a classic match at WrestleMania that he wants. That is how you get Eddie's heat back that he had in 2003.

I already stated that Kurt Angle and HBK should be built up from Survivor Series like the Goldberg/Lesnar stuff last year. You better make this match happen sooner than later while you got the chance. It also helps prevent them using politcs to bury a newer star like a Cena or Hossan. To add more intensity between raw and smackdown I think Bischoff should pull a move of signing the wwe tag champions on smackdown. Make raw the exclusive home of tag team wrestling and build a real damn division. Unify the titles at WM 21. Okay, this last suggestion probably wouldn't go through, but I would still suggest it and to replace the void on smackdown I would increase the importance of the cruiserweights and push their style as unique in all of wwe. I also like the idea of MMA or another division with that type of style to differentiate smackdown more.

That's it for now.