TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestling365

WWE Notes On Hogan, Ratings, OVW Talant, Lawsuit,

Guest wrestling365

I'm told that Vince McMahon recently met with Hulk Hogan, perhaps last weekend or the week before. Talks didn't go too well which basically means neither side could come to terms. McMahon is interested in Hogan coming back next year to work a short program leading up to Wrestlemania 21. At this point the chances of him working with TNA are far greater than working with the WWE. Hogan is telling those around him that he won't be doing anything in wrestling unless he can get exposure for his teenage daughter Brooke who is trying to launch a pop career.

Raw scored a 3.9 cable rating this week which is the highest rating for the show since June 21. That show featured the return of The Rock and Eugene vs. Triple H. Obviously this is great news for the company and something to build on heading towards the end of the year.

WWE officials were very impressed with the Johnny Jeter, Matt Capotelli-Johnny Nitro, Chris Cage dark tag match before Raw on Monday night. The general feeling is that all these guys are ready for the main roster and its just a case of "when" rather than "if" they will make it out of Ohio Valley Wrestling, the WWE developmental territory. Nitro appeared earlier this year on Raw as Eric Bischoff's lackey. . .

Eric Bischoff wasn't at Raw. Its believed that his storyline vacation is to free him up some time to work on TV projects. Bischoff and 'Wonder Years' Jason Hervey own an entertainment company together. They have a reality television show in the works called "777." The show follows seven high rollers who each agree to put up $1 million in the hope of winning it all. Over the course of seven days, the contestants live together in a Las Vegas suite and compete in a variety of gaming sessions. The ultimate winner takes home the entire $7 million prize fund.

Nidia's sister Lourdes (Lulu in OVW) is no longer under contract. "In fact she is quitting wrestling completely and moving back home to Houston at the end of this month," one source told me.

JAKKS Pacific Inc. announced yesterday morning a new licensing agreement with the WWE to develop and market a plug-it-in and play gaming system with multiple games based on WWE superstars. They didn't mention the recent lawsuit filed by the WWE. Link: http://tinyurl.com/478c7

However, the WWE responded a few hours later with the following statement: "The press release issued by JAKKS today relates to an amendment to the videogame license between WWE and JAKKS/THQ LLC. The amendment was signed in July of 2004 at a time when WWE was still gathering facts related to the matters set forth in our recent lawsuit and contains an express provision in it that WWE was not waiving any rights regarding the payments made by JAKKS to WWE's former licensing agent. We do not know why JAKKS chose to issue a press release on the subject today, and can state that JAKKS did not seek current authority from Ms. Goldsmith to include a quote from her in the release. In July, when the amendment was originally signed, Ms. Goldsmith did approve the quote, but it no longer remains the view of Ms. Goldsmith or the management of WWE." Link: http://tinyurl.com/64fev

But last night... JAKKS released an additional statement: "JAKKS Pacific, Inc. confirms that its initial announcement made on November 16, 2004 regarding the new line of plug-it-in-and play TV Games based on World Wrestling Entertainment Superstars, was approved by WWE within the past week in accordance with standard procedures between the companies regarding the issuance of press releases. JAKKS Pacific remains committed to fulfill its obligations under its licenses with the WWE, including with respect to the marketing of its WWE Plug it in and Play TV games which are currently in development. Link: http://tinyurl.com/4bb2a

If your confused by now (you should be) check out this Reuters report that clears up the situation: http://tinyurl.com/6ksrl

W365 reader Indy R. sent this note along... You may have already heard about this, but Brock Lesnar is now appearing in a TV commercial for a Twin Cities-based exercise equipment chain. You can see it here: http://tinyurl.com/4et4j

W365 reader Mark Peters sent this... Chris Jericho and his band Fozzy will be shooting a music video here in California later this week. It's for a track called "Enemy" from their new album "All That Remains".

W365 reader Jamie Jones sent this... John Laurinaitis' son Jim is considered Minnesota's top linebacker and may be the state's top defensive player, according to Golden Sports.net. They have an interview up with him here: http://tinyurl.com/6kx57

Hogan is telling those around him that he won't be doing anything in wrestling unless he can get exposure for his teenage daughter Brooke who is trying to launch a pop career.

Even more reason I hope to never see Hogan back in the WWE.

Guest Shutterspeed
Hogan is telling those around him that he won't be doing anything in wrestling unless he can get exposure for his teenage daughter Brooke who is trying to launch a pop career.

Perhaps even more saddening is that the guy saying that is the biggest pro wrestler of all time.

Amen.

I'd burn my eyes out with a zippo before I watched a second of a Brooke/Stephanie feud. And you know they'd do one.

Guest Shutterspeed

Just recently there was talk of Vince/Stephanie VS Hogan/Brooke at WrestleMania 21.

Disgusting.

Just recently there was talk of Vince/Stephanie VS Hogan/Brooke at WrestleMania 21.

Disgusting.

Ok, I will watch on one condition: they make it a hardcore flaming barbed wire match.

Then I'll watch.

Guest Loss

We needs to be hearin' some news about Jericho that isn't just Fozzy concerts, yo. Be a part of some backstage controversy or something, please, Y2J. I'm sick of always reading about Brian Gewertz and John Laurinitis and shit like that. You and Benoit need to do something backstage that prompts a headline, and you need to do it soon.

Maybe Vince wanted Hogan to return to job to Hossan, but if it was about that rumoured tag match with the daughters we have been blessed without putting our eyes through that pain. RAW gets a high rating without the heels/evil boss thing going on. Coincidence?

Guest wrestling365
We needs to be hearin' some news about Jericho that isn't just Fozzy concerts, yo. Be a part of some backstage controversy or something, please, Y2J. I'm sick of always reading about Brian Gewertz and John Laurinitis and shit like that. You and Benoit need to do something backstage that prompts a headline, and you need to do it soon.

He's keeping a low profile after slapping Bill Goldberg around in the locker room last year. By the way, this is what ol' Billy has been up to lately...

Santa's Slay...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brooke sing America The Beautiful. Hogan was on smackdown in September. Hogan is just using naive TNA again for leverage most likely with Vince Mcmahon. Hogan's ego just smells of last match in a wwf ring. Hell, Vince Mcmahon putting him in the HOF will feed his ego as well.

Guest LooneyTune

Hogan used in a mid-card role or just in a tag team where he stands on the apron, comes in and does his trademark stuff, and leaves again wouldn't really hurt.

But we all know when and if he returns, he's gonna feud with McMahon AGAIN, and this time bring his untalented daughter in to make it a Father/Daughter vs. Father/Daughter feud (groans)

Guest Loss

I'm just tired of hearing news about Carlito Carribean Cool, Rene Dupree, John Heidenreich, Paul Heyman, John Laurinitis, and people in OVW. I want to hear that Eddy Guerrero is complaining to management that Chris Benoit is killing RAW because he doesn't want to work with Chris Jericho. I need to hear these names *doing* something, damnit. Spice things up.

Guest LooneyTune

Breaking News! Chris Benoit brushed his teeth with Chris Jerichos toothbrush! We will have more on this ground breaking story later when more details come in.

I'm just tired of hearing news about Carlito Carribean Cool, Rene Dupree, John Heidenreich, Paul Heyman, John Laurinitis, and people in OVW. I want to hear that Eddy Guerrero is complaining to management that Chris Benoit is killing RAW because he doesn't want to work with Chris Jericho. I need to hear these names *doing* something, damnit. Spice things up.

In all fairness to Eddy, he did have that fight with Angle a few weeks back...

I feel you Loss, I'd love to hear something about Rey getting all pissy with management over being restricted and threatening to sit out or walk out or piss on the Big Show's leg or something.

This makes me wonder. If Angle was in his prime, healthy, putting on good matches and shit, but playing politics, holding others down, would his actions be looked down upon or applauded?

Guest Loss

He'd be respected for his matches and criticized for his backstage behavior. It's possible to love and hate things about the same person. Take Nikjohns, for example.

:P