TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JasonX

Avengers Finale Review

Why the hell would Wanda create a Quicksilver copy to fight against her? Besides that, most things are mentioned in that link. A pitiful end to the avengers.

Haven't read it (Finale, that is), but it's probably wasn't as bad as Jesse thinks, nor as good as Bendis thinks. Everything Marvel is bad in Jesse's eyes, so I'll take the review with a grain of salt.

Edited by starvenger

Guest PlatinumBoy

I knew Bendis didn't have an eye for continuity back in his Ultimate X-Men days. He had an issue where Iceman got his mind wiped by Prof. X (with no bad feelings from Prof) because Iceman had a girlfriend he told the X-Men about. However Beast was "online dating" the Blob and the Blob was working him for info. This went on for a while. HOW THE FUCK DID PROFESSOR X NOT REALIZE THIS WAS GOING ON WHEN HE KNEW EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE MANSION. It was a hoooooorible contrived way to free Magneto.

New Avengers was a really good set up issue, explains why the certain characters got to a point why Captain America needs to reform the Avengers. Nice art, didn't disappoint.

Ultimates 2 was also extremely good. Thor is so interesting, he has this moment where you have no idea what's going on about him. Really made me want to read the next issue.

Both were pretty good, should be interesting to see where they both go.

i liked new avengers 1

i wish it was a double sized number one just to give a little more story but obviously the cliff hanger was cool and requied a little less story

didnt do ultimates 2 as i dont do any ultimate comics

even though ti wasnt asked about id like to recomend the new thunderbolts series..its pretty good and has those patented t-bolt twists..grummett's art is way rushed though and doesnt look so good

http://www.comicsnexus.com/article.php?contentid=29114

Thoughts, comments, loose change?

I can't disagree with anything he says there.

Bendis has done more damage to the Avengers franchise than.......just about anyone. Ever.

And the fact that Marvel let him get away with it is representative of everything that's wrong with Marvel these days.

Bendis has done more damage to the Avengers franchise than.......just about anyone. Ever.

And the fact that Marvel let him get away with it is representative of everything that's wrong with Marvel these days.

It's the FANS that let him get away with it. Period. Marvel wants to make money regardless.

If sales for the later issues of Disassembled, the FInale and/or New Avengers had tanked, then there would be accountability.

It was good, in theory. Bendis dropped the ball badly on this story. What I didn't like about the story was the following:

1) Not making Quicksilver part of the story.

2) The way Hawkeye died. I didn't buy the whole "dying in a blaze of glory" bit.

3) The anticlimactic ending. This was caused in part because of Quicksilver not being involved.

4) The lack of reaction by Wanda's teammates when Magneto appears and takes Wanda away, without any struggle or sign of protest by the Avengers.

5) The constant use of aarrghh as an expletive.