TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Smackdown Thread: 11/18/04

Guest LooneyTune

Does Cena have fake stab wounds on his back, or did the scars magically heal in 5 weeks?

Anybody notice that they're using the Gwinnett Center (capacity 13,000 MAX) instead of the Philips Arena (capacity 21,000 maximum)? Trying to cut back on empty seats, finally.

armageddon_hdr.jpg Booking (from what was implied this week):

WWE Title Match: JBL vs. Booker T vs. Taker vs. Guererro (CONFIRMED)

US Title Match: Cena vs. Jesus

WWE Tags: Kensuki vs. RVD/Rey

Guest LooneyTune

Did I miss Chavo vs. Kidman? I could swear I never saw it, but it was listed in spoilers.

WWE REVISIONIST HISTORY!! From the WWE Armageddon press release:

To give you some history on this amazing event, the first ARMAGEDDON pay-per-view was originally entitled “In Your House: Armageddon” and was held 12/15/96. At the time, it was one of the series of  “In Your House” pay-per-views that were held throughout the mid to late 1990s. The main event featured WWE Champion Sycho Sid defending the title against Bret “Hit Man” Hart.

That is WRONG, plain and simple. That PPV was IYH: It's Time but it featured an 'Armageddon Rules Match' between the Undertaker and Terry Gordy (as the Executioner). I'm sure they wish they could have used a different PPV name besides 'It's Time,' but this is downright Orwellian.

I want to just take a moment and thank all of you who post spoilers and are posting as the show goes on....I am on the West Coast...and you are saving me some time...now I won't watch the show...and I can continue building my life-size stature of VanHammer with popsicle sticks...a far more worthy endevour than Smackdown....

According to Cawthon's site, The Warrior / HTM match at SS 88 lasted 27 seconds. Cena just broke that record tonight for fastest midcard title change by 1 or 2 seconds. (I counted 25 on my watch)

I'm guessing a battle royale or something for Armageddon. Charlie Haas for US Champ! :headbang:

According to Cawthon's site, The Warrior / HTM match at SS 88 lasted 27 seconds. Cena just broke that record tonight for fastest midcard title change by 1 or 2 seconds. (I counted 25 on my watch)

Unless you count Spike over Regal for the European title, which lasted 3 seconds.

Hmm...

Oh yeah, anybody know the theme song for TE4?

I think Puder is most likely to win as he's been getting the most focus of the contest in the past few weeks as pointed out in his okay promo.

I hope they bust a Carmella and keep Rodimer, he's been getting good heel heat.

Although I wouldn't mind Ryan "Silverback" Reeves because I'd have a new hometown hero to root for. :headbang:

Yeah, alright it sucked. They should have had him redone since the show is edited anyway. His points could have come across a lot better if he wasn't flubbing.