TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

ECW facts, tidbits, and stuff people forgot

What was the New Jack-Baldies Fued about?

And howlong did the fued last?

As I remember from my ECW on TNN tapes it was specifically about who was King of the Streets, New Jack or Angel.

The other Baldies, except for maybe Grimes were side-bars, nothing more. The feud lasted roughly from November 99 to May of 2000 when New Jack finally beat Angel in tbe blowoff at Hardcore Heaven.

Guest Connzilla

Credit- http://prowrestlinghistory.com/

August 19, 2000 in Philadelphia, PA

ECW Arena drawing 1,400

Bilvis Wesley beat Jerry Lynn via DQ.

Steve Corino pinned Scotty Anton.

Chris Chetti & Nova beat Julio Dinero & Chris Hamrick via pinfall.

Guido Maritato & Tony Mamaluke beat Christian York & Joey Matthews.

Yoshihiro Tajiri pinned Psicosis.

Mikey Whipwreck pinned Pat Tanaka.

The Blue Boy pinned Pitbull #2.

Danny Doring, Amish Roadkill, & Tommy Dreamer beat CW Anderson, Johnny Swinger, & Simon Diamond when Doring pinned Diamond.

Rob Van Dam & Kid Kash beat Justin Credible & Rhino when Van Dam pinned Rhino.

Who is Bilvis Wesley?

Who is The Blue Boy?

And what is Danny Doring & Amish Roadkill doing teaming with Tommy Dreamer? I thought They were heels in ECW?

Guest netslob

Blue Boy was indeed a slimmed-down Blue Meanie w/ the gang-bang queen on his arm.

Bilvis Wesley was once "Wild" Bill Wiles and "Beautiful" Billy Wiles in the New Dangerous Alliance w/ CW Anderson. after they split up, he grew horrible mutton-chops and tried to do a lame Elvis gimmick. it blew, big time.

Doring and Roadkill were faces at that time. they remained so until ECW shut down. i forget how or when they turned.

IIRC, Doring/Roadkill turned solely because of Roadkill's popularity. I can remember when they started getting cheers (not just Roadkill, Doring too, albeit not as much for the Danaconda), and I'm sure there was some small feud to get them over as faces...but I can't remember right now. A feud with Swinger/Diamond, maybe? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a feud with Swinger/Diamond put Doring/Roadkill over as faces.

Guest netslob

that's what always impressed me about Roadkill. a guy who wasn't all that much to look at, said only one word and had a stupid gimmick to boot managed to get over on his talent and natural charisma alone. good for him.

Guest Connzilla

How long were Joey Matthews & Chirstian York in ECW? and what was their role in the company?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

They were signed to ECW late 2000. They primarily feuded with Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger.

Here's a list of their PPV matches:

Anarchy Rulz - October/1st/2000: Danny Doring & Roadkill defeated Christian York & Joey Matthews.

November To Remember - November/5th/2000: Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger defeated Christian York & Joey Matthews.

Massacre on 34th Street - December/3rd/2000: Christian York & Joey Matthews defeated Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger.

Guilty as Charged - January/7th/2001: Jerry Lynn & Cyrus defeated Christian York & Joey Matthews.

May not be the biggest fan of ECW or really an average fan but I think the Raven/Sandman feud with Peaches and Tyler and the Raven/Dreamer feud being enemies since they was little kids is two of my favorite feuds of all time and it's not too many feuds I would put above those two. Raven was just one of the greatest characters I've seen. The promos this guy deliver was great and he did not need fancy production. The Stevie Richards,Blue Meanie,Super Nova stuff as Raven lackies was great as well. The execution of Sandman/Raven/Tyler storyline was so much better than Eddie/Rey/Dominic.

I know many people say Sabu/Taz feud is the greatest feud in ECW history but to be frank, it's nowhere as good as the two I mention.

That's pretty much all the ECW stuff I like,old and new besides some random matches.

May not be the biggest fan of ECW or really an average fan but I think the Raven/Sandman feud with Peaches and Tyler and the Raven/Dreamer feud being enemies since they was little kids is two of my favorite feuds of all time and it's not too many feuds I would put above those two. Raven was just one of the greatest characters I've seen. The promos this guy deliver was great and he did not need fancy production. The Stevie Richards,Blue Meanie,Super Nova stuff as Raven lackies was great as well. The execution of Sandman/Raven/Tyler storyline was so much better than Eddie/Rey/Dominic.

As you can see almost in its entirety in my ECW Videos thread.

Well, he wrestled a dark match at Massacure on 34th Street against Angel which was aired on HC TV. So, he at least made it until December 2000.

yea he showed up n xpw right after that (I think it may have been late december, or perhaps the new years revolution show in jan)

Guest Connzilla

Lets ay Vince never revied ECW but ECW never went out of bisness and got a deal on lets say HBO what do you think would happen?

what's the point of a match nobody can see?

You wouldn't be asking that question if you'd seen a Great Khali match.

Guest Connzilla

Was Sid Viciouses run suppost to be onlt temperary or was it another example of WCW staeling ECW talent.