TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

ECW facts, tidbits, and stuff people forgot

Guest nick1091
Shit...I think GAC was before House Party

It was one week before, yeah. Sid beat Kronus at GAC, then Skull von Krush (Big Vito) at House Party.

How long did Sid last and did he ever do anything of note besides powerbomb Spike through a table?

How long was Jericho there for?

What ever happened to the Pitbulls?

Who were the graduates of the House of Hardcore school and what are they doing now?

Who did Terry Funk eventually lose the title to after barely legal?Franchise?Sandman?

Before the infamous match between Sabu/Benoit were he breaks Sabu's neck when Chris Benoit is being introduced, Joey Styles already refers to Benoit as the crippler on commentary before the match even happens.Was this because Joey was doing the commentary after the match took place or did Benoit already have the monicker?

New Jack didn't get into trouble over the Mass Transit incident because when it came time for the civil trial, Kulas, for whatever reason, chose to fuck up a case he probably would have won by lying over and over again. He was a terrible witness, who lied constantly, and killed a case he had a strong chance of winning.

I thought I remembered reading that one of the major deciding factors was that Kulas on the tape was clearly shown puffing his cheeks to make himself bleed the way he did.I've seen the clip and even when it's pouring out like a fountain he is in fact still puffing his cheeks like they claimed.

Not defending Jack because he makes Bob Holly look like an angel in comparison by how rough he went on the kid.

That should be a dream match for the fans of stiff wrestling,Holly Vs. Jack :D

yea cuz on the benoit dvd main feature he said that heyman came up with the crippler name after that match as benoit kept asking how sabu was and all heyman could do was tell him that he would call him the crippler and junk

of course styles did the commentary after the match, its not like ecw had live tv shows. I guess he made a mistake, and no one noticed

Guest MikeSC
Is there a reason RVD was never given the World Title, or was Heyman just too late on pulling the trigger.

He had that leg injury, preventing him from taking it from Awesome. And I suppose Heyman worried that him going over Credible would've buried Credible. After that, they were shopping for TV and likely wanted to keep something big for a possible TV deal.

-=Mike

They were also planning on having RVD lose the TV title to Jerry Lynn on the 1st TNN show and then a week later RVD would beat Taz for the world title.

RVD never needed the world title though, same with Dreamer. They were both so over that it wouldn't have done them any good. Granted, it would have been a nice reward, but I think most people put the tv title over the world title durring Van Dam's reign anyway.

Hall was a tag partner for Jerry Lynn one night against Credible and Rhyno...then the next night he was asked to put over Guido I believe, refused, then put over Sal, and beat Justin the same night...weird.

And that was all.

What exactly is the Sonny Blaze story? I really don't need him to give me a stiff chop/lariat again.

Sonny Blaze trained Mikey. A few years later, ECW needed a ring, so they got one from Sonny Blaze. While dropping the ring off, Blaze asked Tazz and Saturn, who were running the ECW Wrestling school, with help from Mikey, for a refresher course, because he wanted to get back into wrestling. Tazz said sure, and that Mikey would help train him. Sonny was not amused, and quickly left, never to return.

Guest Lokust

Here is what I wanna know...

Paul Heyman and Tod Gordon have both publicly said that Stevie Richards was indeed slated for an ECW title run. Why was the decision made to go with Funk winning the World Title at Barely Legal instead of Stevie? They had been building up for Stevie vs Raven forever, and it was an insanely hot angle. I remember at the time everybody was talking about the big Raven/Stevie match, but it didn't happen there...

Then further down the line the talk was Stevie was going to be the one to take the title from Funk. As we all know that didn't happen because Funk dropped a gaurdrail on Stevie's neck and almost ended his career.

I can't help but wonder what they would have had in store for us with Stevie on top of the mountain of extreme...

anybody have any insight?

I alluded to this in the other threads in WWE folder, but what was the reasoning behind the changing in the booking philosophy around 99-2000? I mean EVERY match seemed to get 20-25 minutes, regardless of who was involved. I clearly remember an RVD/Spike match lasting 25 minutes or so and it baffled me at the time. But clearly 99-00 ECW had A LOT less angles than it did from 95-98 and the match times increased tremendously. Anyone know why Heyman made the move to this philosophy?

I alluded to this in the other threads in WWE folder, but what was the reasoning behind the changing in the booking philosophy around 99-2000? I mean EVERY match seemed to get 20-25 minutes, regardless of who was involved. I clearly remember an RVD/Spike match lasting 25 minutes or so and it baffled me at the time. But clearly 99-00 ECW had A LOT less angles than it did from 95-98 and the match times increased tremendously. Anyone know why Heyman made the move to this philosophy?

He ran out of great, original, fresh ideas for his roster.

Here is what I wanna know...

Paul Heyman and Tod Gordon have both publicly said that Stevie Richards was indeed slated for an ECW title run. Why was the decision made to go with Funk winning the World Title at Barely Legal instead of Stevie? They had been building up for Stevie vs Raven forever, and it was an insanely hot angle. I remember at the time everybody was talking about the big Raven/Stevie match, but it didn't happen there...

Then further down the line the talk was Stevie was going to be the one to take the title from Funk. As we all know that didn't happen because Funk dropped a gaurdrail on Stevie's neck and almost ended his career.

I can't help but wonder what they would have had in store for us with Stevie on top of the mountain of extreme...

anybody have any insight?

The Funk Title win was basically a way of thanking Terry for all he'd done for the company.

I think that Stevie would have been a good champion but the only way I would have wanted to see him winning it was by beating Raven, anyone else and it wouldn't have had the same impact.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
I alluded to this in the other threads in WWE folder, but what was the reasoning behind the changing in the booking philosophy around 99-2000?  I mean EVERY match seemed to get 20-25 minutes, regardless of who was involved.  I clearly remember an RVD/Spike match lasting 25 minutes or so and it baffled me at the time.  But clearly 99-00 ECW had A LOT less angles than it did from 95-98 and the match times increased tremendously.  Anyone know why Heyman made the move to this philosophy?

He ran out of great, original, fresh ideas for his roster.

As well as talent.

Question: what was the reasoning for Taz battling RVD at NTR '99, If Anarchy Rulz '99 was his last PPV with the company? :huh:

Nothing personal against Funk. But, Dreamer winning the world title after a long, violent match against Raven at Barely Legal would have been the ultimate ppv ending. It was the match most fans wanted. I hated it when Tommy gave Funk his spot in the 3-way-dance that should have never occurred. It should have just been Raven-Dreamer in the ppv main from the start.

Question: what was the reasoning for Taz battling RVD at NTR '99, If Anarchy Rulz '99 was his last PPV with the company? :huh:

After Taz signed with the WWF, he made a promise to finish 1999 in ECW instead of leaving immediately. He said it was something about "doing the professional thing" if I can remember correctly.

Any reason why Johnny Smith did not work the PPV he was advertised for? I think it was supposed to be RVD vs Smith at Anachary Rulz but what happened instead was RVD vs Balls Mahoney.

I believe he injured himself a couple days prior to the show.

What exactly was the Mass Transit Incident? I've heard people mention it and I keep thinking that someone took a bus and started running people over with it.

What exactly was the Mass Transit Incident? I've heard people mention it and I keep thinking that someone took a bus and started running people over with it.

I think this was already dealt with.

Basically, New Jack bladed a kid who was underage, but had lied and said he was of age, and accidentally cut too widely, and the kid, Eric Kulas, bled a shitload. It wound up in civil court, and while the kid had a good case, and would have certainly won, he killed his chances by lying non-stop on the stand.

Guest Ice Classic V.2

I was watching the ECW DVD, Taz says that there were only two FTW Champions, him and Sabu. My question is what was the deal with Taz lying down for Sabu?