TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

The Canadian Health Care System

Guest MikeSC
Note: I don't really care whose violent crime rate is higher.

But...

Preponderance of evidence

vs.

Roger Ebert, Michael Moore Hates America

We report, you decide.

Facts

v

Anecdotes.

Yeah, tough choice.

I'm awarding this round to bigolsmitty.

That's because you're an idiot who has yet to actually provide anything worth a shit to the world.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
That's because you're an idiot who has yet to actually provide anything worth a shit to the world.

Yowza.

*walks into the sunset hanging his head*

Wasn't referring to you. Just that twat who backs you up.

-=Mike

...The same twat also defended neo-Nazi Kamui, just so you know...

Yowza.

*walks into the sunset hanging his head*

Wasn't referring to you. Just that twat who backs you up.

-=Mike

...The same twat also defended neo-Nazi Kamui, just so you know...

Yeah, sorry I missed that.

You've been cleanly owned this time Mike. But everyone knows that it's too much to ask of you to recognize the fact.

I see we are now throwing fifth-grade insults at each other. I would have never expected that from a "twat" the caliber of The/AMikeSC.

Guest MikeSC
You've been cleanly owned this time Mike. But everyone knows that it's too much to ask of you to recognize the fact.

I see we are now throwing fifth-grade insults at each other. I would have never expected that from a "twat" the caliber of The/AMikeSC.

Don't you have a neo-Nazi to back up?

-=Mike

...I know, anecdotes >>>>> actual facts in your world --- but hey, you support neo-Nazis...

-=Mike

...I know, anecdotes >>>>> actual facts in your world --- but hey, you support neo-Nazis...

Yeah, I do actually. I almost forgot.

George Bush is protecting the United States of America by fighting Al Queda in Iraq. Anybody who says differently is obviously an enemy of the Third Reich United States.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Yeah, I do actually. I almost forgot.

George Bush is protecting the United States of America by fighting Al Queda in Iraq. Anybody who says differently is obviously an enemy of the Third Reich United States.

No, I'm commenting on your defense of Kamui back in the day.

-=Mike

...You defend neo-Nazis because you're too delusional to have a thought of your own...

Guest MikeSC
Mike can't deal with the fact that Canada is a safer and better country than USA. (Canadian opinion :))

Nah. More violence, more stealing, more French-speakers.

I'll stay here, thanks just the same.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Well, if some people in Quebec have their way, they'll be alot less Francophones in Canada and alot more in the US.....

The US

a) would never actually allow Canada to split up (no way we'd renegotiate all of the assorted treaties we have with Canada)

b) would never accept Quebec.

W. Canada, though, would be a lovely addition.

-=Mike

Mike can't deal with the fact that Canada is a safer and better country than USA. (Canadian opinion :))

-=Mike

I'm sure Alberta will welcome you, its the closest comparison to the states.

Well, if some people in Quebec have their way, they'll be alot less Francophones in Canada and alot more in the US.....

The US

a) would never actually allow Canada to split up (no way we'd renegotiate all of the assorted treaties we have with Canada)

-=Mike

We'll trade you it for New England and New York.

Guest MikeSC

The US

-=Mike

We'll trade you it for New England and New York.

Take that shitbox for all I care.

-=Mike

NO.

I'd rather have Quebec than Alberta.

Take Alberta instead. We don't use their oil or gas, though it'll cost billions to extract, which doesn't seem to be the problem for you guys.

NO.

I'd rather have Quebec than Alberta.

Take Alberta instead. We don't use their oil or gas, though it'll cost billions to extract, which doesn't seem to be the problem for you guys.

No, I say keep Alberta. The feds actually make money off them instead of giving it away.

-=Mike

Speaking of which, I hope Harper wins the next election...

-=Mike

Harper won't go for another election.

If you mean by the Alberta election, you want Klein don't you?

-=Mike

Harper won't go for another election.

If you mean by the Alberta election, you want Klein don't you?

There WILL be another federal election before 2006 is out. I doubt the Conservatives are going to dump their new leader in the next 18 months.

If Harper is going to run again, he's going to get less seats than before. Ontario isn't going to vote somebody who has the same characteristics as Bush.

I can't conceive of a situation where Harper resigns before the next election. If he does, the Liberals will try and force an election themselves, to catch the party completely flat-footed.

Whether he does well or not is another question, but Harper will be the man to lead the Tories whenever the writ is dropped.

I can't either, but if they want to be in power, Harper isn't the person that is going to carry them to victory.

As long as the NDP aren't in power, I'm happy as well.

Mike are you referring to New York and New England in your "Shitbox" comments?

I'd love to see Red America try to exist without East Coast above the Mason Dixon. LOVE TO.

Guest MikeSC
Mike are you referring to New York and New England in your "Shitbox" comments?

I'd love to see Red America try to exist without East Coast above the Mason Dixon. LOVE TO.

As if I give two shits about EITHER place.

-=Mike

Guest Cerebus

:stupid:

Guest MikeSC

:stupid:

Well, he liked neo-Nazi Kamui. It makes sense.

-=Mike

I'm looking stuff up through Google, but if anyone can give any personal accounts of why the system is better or worse than the Americans, that would supplement my search quite nicely. Thanks.

EDIT: This probably doesn't belong here but maybe political argument will happen so that it can?

While I'm not the greatest expert on it...

PROS: Prescription medication is, more often than not, easy to find. Also, it's very easy to walk into some small medical centre (e.g. Appletree Medical Centre here in Ottawa) to receive a physical, blood tests, etc. And while Americans have trouble having access to flu shots, they're not hard to get here in Canada, especially in Ontario, where they're free.

CONS: Vital operations, such as surgeries. The big problems with Canada's health care system is the waiting lines for those things, something Paul Martin's failed to fix at any rate. I have a co-worker who originally had to wait one year for surgery, but due to some bureaucracy botches within the system, that wait got extended to two years.