TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tbondrage99

Bone

Bone: One Volume Edition

by Jeff Smith

An American graphic novel first! The complete 1300-page epic adventure, from start to finish, in one deluxe paperback! It's the biggest, coolest Bone book of all! Get it while it lasts! This book will not be kept in print! Three modern cartoon cousins get lost in a pre-technological valley, spending a year there making new friends and out-running dangerous enemies. Their many adventures include conning the local people in "The Great Cow Race," and meeting a giant mountain lion named "Rock Jaw: Master of the Eastern Border"; They learn about sacrifice and hardship in "The Ghost Circles"; and finally discover their own true natures in the climatic journey to "The Crown of Horns!" Get it while it lasts! This book will not be kept in print!

SC, 7x10, 1300pg, b&w Retail Price $39.95

$33.95 USA / $50.95 Can

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graphic_nov...c_novel3417.htm

Is this the greatest Graphic Novel of all time or what? I know I have mine ordered....did it tonight actually. Anyone else planning on getting this?

Once I saw this on there yesterday I had to order it right away before I changed my mind about it like I have done with so many other things before (Batman: Hush, and Spider-Man Blue are good examples) So today I called up Hillcity comics and ordered it along with Wizard #159 & Ghost world, all for the fine fee of $55 Canadian, it would of been more but they screwed up on my last order and owed me $16, so yay for credit I say!

I'm getting it after the holidays. Has anyone actually seen the thing in person? It's about the size of a Youth Bible (using the comparison since they're paperbacks), and it might be a little thicker. I can't wait. I haven't read Bone since elementary school, and what I did read was from the first ten issues. Anyone remember the colored version in Disney Adventures?

Anyone remember the colored version in Disney Adventures?

Ha! I do! In fact I remember one of my friends bought Disney Adventures for the sole reason of just getting Bone.

Guest AllCanadian

Regarding the bible reference they put out a signed hardcover edition that looks exactly like a bible including the gold pages.

I have mine now too and yeah its freckin excellent, word just cant describe how much so. Im about half ways through now myself.

Bone: One Volume Edition

by Jeff Smith

An American graphic novel first! The complete 1300-page epic adventure, from start to finish, in one deluxe paperback! It's the biggest, coolest Bone book of all! Get it while it lasts! This book will not be kept in print! Three modern cartoon cousins get lost in a pre-technological valley, spending a year there making new friends and out-running dangerous enemies. Their many adventures include conning the local people in "The Great Cow Race," and meeting a giant mountain lion named "Rock Jaw: Master of the Eastern Border"; They learn about sacrifice and hardship in "The Ghost Circles"; and finally discover their own true natures in the climatic journey to "The Crown of Horns!" Get it while it lasts! This book will not be kept in print!

SC, 7x10, 1300pg, b&w        Retail Price $39.95

$33.95 USA / $50.95 Can

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graphic_nov...c_novel3417.htm

Is this the greatest Graphic Novel of all time or what? I know I have mine ordered....did it tonight actually. Anyone else planning on getting this?

I'm torn on this; this is good for someone who's never read the series since they can read the entire series for the price of about three of the individual TPBs but on the other hand, Bone did a MASSIVE and COMPLETE shark-jump around the time of the Dragonslayer storyline; so much so that the quality of the series went straight into the shitter and never recovered, especially in light of how Smith totally and utterly failed to pay-off the story's main mystery plots regarding the various metaplots of the series.....

I'd stick to just owning the first three TPBs....

They're releasing a colored version in mid-05. Yes, I love Smith's black and white art, but I'm a sucker for color.

I saw a few issues of Bone in color in Disny Adventures that my friend had of all things. If it looks like that it will be really good but I think I still perer the black & white. I have a weakness for it.

It's not that I don't like things that are in black and white. Things like Bone, Sin City and such that were meant to be in b&w I love. But I hate the essential Marvel TPBs. Parts don't hold up w/o color.

I ordered this and was looking forward to reading it this weekend. Sadly, it's been delayed. Now I get to wait a whole month. :(

Well that sucks but dont worry its still more then worth the wait.