TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

ECHL Player suspended 12 games for...

WHEELING, W.Va. Nov 26, 2004 — A minor league hockey player sitting in the stands was suspended after dropping his pants to fans in the crowd.

Dan Sullivan of the Reading Royals was suspended Thursday for 12 games and fined an undisclosed sum by the ECHL for "making multiple obscene gestures" during the Nov. 7 game against the Wheeling Nailers at WesBanco Arena.

The Royals already had indefinitely suspended Sullivan for his actions. Team spokesman John Curtis said Sullivan most likely will not play for the club again.

Sullivan, who was in the stands with another player, began arguing with fans and dropped his pants, according to Wheeling fans and one of the team's owners.

Top Stories

"It was a tight game, and I heard he was probably getting some taunting from the fans," Nailers co-owner Rob Brooks said. "But that's in all sports, so it's up to the players to stay responsible."

Sullivan, a right wing, had played four games for Reading.

"We insist that our athletes adhere to very professional levels of conduct and that all their actions represent this organization with class and dignity," Royals general manager Ray Delia said.

Gee...There goes the family friendly Minor League hockey experience..

See, Ron Artest should've taken a lesson in responsibility from this guy. I bet that if he'd done that, David Stern wouldn't have had the heart to get that big serious face on, and Artest would have only missed about 40 games instead of the entire season. He'd still get to do his big record tour, and he could come back just in time for the stretch run.

See, Ron Artest should've taken a lesson in responsibility from this guy. I bet that if he'd done that, David Stern wouldn't have had the heart to get that big serious face on, and Artest would have only missed about 40 games instead of the entire season. He'd still get to do his big record tour, and he could come back just in time for the stretch run.

What if Artest did every thing he did and mooned the crowd as well?

2 years?

Guest Anglesault

Sullivan_Dan.jpg

He looks like a "If they mated" between me and a friend of mine. I shall thank God everyday now that I got that haircut.

Just imagine the things that would be thrown at Artest if he mooned the crowd.

And imagine if they hit!