TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
OK, so Slipknot are pretty bad and are supported by a dwindling ocean of idiot children, but they're a million miles away from being the worst thing out there.

I consider them splitting the difference between Marilyn Manson and KISS.

New Twiztid Sampler for Mutant Vol. 2 is up. And it's rocking! I like when Twiztid does these type of songs, but a couple of these don't sound very promising. It's gotta be better than Man's Myth Vol. 1, which was a dissappointer!

I'm going to the 50 Cent concert tonight. Fuck yeah!

And where is that concert, you might ask? That's right, it's in Missoula, Montana. Far and away the biggest show we've got here in a while.

Just thought I'd post that, seeing as how I'm in a good mood (translation: drunk) and don't have anything to do until the show starts.

I'm going to the 50 Cent concert tonight. Fuck yeah!

And where is that concert, you might ask? That's right, it's in Missoula, Montana. Far and away the biggest show we've got here in a while.

Just thought I'd post that, seeing as how I'm in a good mood (translation: drunk) and don't have anything to do until the show starts.

Pearl Jam will be there 8/29, if you're into them at all.

I'm actually not. They come here occasionally, but I've always thought of them as one of the most overrated rock bands in history. Their music really isn't all that good. Of course, I guess it doesn't matter because by the end of August, I'll be back in Pullman anyway.

As for the 50 Cent show, it was awesome though. There were probably more black people on stage then there were in the entire crowd, but everyone was still into the music, and the show was just really fun all-around.

There's something about B.Y.O.B. that I like. I love the riffs and the drumming in the song, and it is catchy.

The rest of the album lacks what was on their self-titled but it was a better step than Toxiciity.

There's something about B.Y.O.B. that I like. I love the riffs and the drumming in the song, and it is catchy.

I quite love the BLAST OFF! IT'S PARTY TIME!/ AND WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!?! bit.

I think that the album is amazing musically. The drums are solid and Daron plays some beautiful melodies.

Its better than their third album which had Learn to Fly, possibly their worse song ever written.

I don't think "There Is Nothing Left To Lose" is a bad album. It's got some good stuff on it, like "Stacked Actors", "Breakout" and "Generator". Granted it's no "The Colour and The Shape" but I don't think it's crap.

From what I've heard of the Foo Fighters, their first album is definitely the best. Most of what came after that is pretty generic rock, largely mired in an uninteresting take on the mid-90s alternative sound. I like the songs I've heard off the first because they seem to be little pop ditties that aren't much more than Dave Grohl playing around and doing pretty well at it. I do like "Everlong," though.

Learn To Fly is a better pop song than anything Rivers Cuomo has ever done...and I say this because 'the perfect pop song' is Rivers' obsession and Dave Grohl doesnt seem like hes really trying all too hard.

I didn't see G.Love cause I had to go to a friend's birthday.

However, I was at my family's camp this weekend and heard one of the best radio stations I've ever heard (A ClearChannel station nonetheless). It was a classic rock station out of Camden, Maine of all places and while it mainly played classic rock, it also played blues, reggae, Van Morrison type stuff and Motown. It also played album tracks once every twenty minutes or something. A nice, solid variety of music.

From what I've heard of the Foo Fighters, their first album is definitely the best.  Most of what came after that is pretty generic rock, largely mired in an uninteresting take on the mid-90s alternative sound.  I like the songs I've heard off the first because they seem to be little pop ditties that aren't much more than Dave Grohl playing around and doing pretty well at it.  I do like "Everlong," though.

That pretty much sums up my opinion about the Foo's. Especially the last sentence.

Im pretty geeked. I just happened to be planning a greyhound ride to Washington that weekend to visit my brother at Fort Lewis...PJ is his fave band, so this is a pretty fun coincidence. Ive never seen them before and Im expecting a good 2-3 hour set at the most beautiful venue in America.

PJ - 9/1

Bumbershoot - Rest of the drunken weekend.

:)

Snuff, you'll love Pearl Jam. They're probably the tightest band I've ever seen live. They make no mistakes, they flow tremendously from song-to-song, and if he really wanted to, Ed could just stand there all night, because he's really not needed. Everyone in the audience knows and loudly sings every lyric in perfect time with the band. By the way, who's opening for them?

The other dates on this lil tour have either Suprsuckers or Sleater Kinney opneing...but the Gorge will be just Pearl Jam with no opener. Should be a good long set followed by drinking the night away at the campground.

Ministry and their classy offshoot the Revolting Cocks will be touring next May. Of course, it is being dubbed the 'MasterBaTour'.

Guest BrokenWings
I have a ticket for Pearl Jam at the Gorge on September 1st.  :)

Cool, I'll be seeing them on the 9th, front row. Unbelievably excited.

I saw Better Than Ezra and Aslyn at a free show downtown. Both of them were decent but unspectacular. The concert was surprisingly packed and it was easily the worst concert crowd, I've seen in terms of enthusiasm. I mean you expect a free concert to have a few fairweather fans, but I mean almost the whole crowd was just standing there,staring at the stage with their arms crossed. I left during Better Than Ezra's set to see a friend of a friend's band play across the street.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

fuckin' The Locust is playing that Bumbershoot deal? Huh. Wonder if it's the same The Locust I'm thinking of.