TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Guest Felonies!

Sounds like a good show, snuffbox. I always liked "Immigration Man." You'll never convince me that "Let's Impeach..." is anything less than crap, though, even if the live version doesn't sound as bad as the studio version, in which it sounds like somebody really pissed off the Polyphonic Spree.

Also, is it just me or is Milwaukee a real bitch to navigate? I got lost around Marquette once and it fucking sucked.

You're definitly not the only one who thinks Milwaukee is a bitch to drive in.

There's no way I can defend 'Impeach' as it is relentlessly hokey and by far the worst from the new record...the best I could say was that it worked better with CSN on background vocals instead of the church choir.

Edit - Thanks for reading all that.

It's pouring rain outside, and that always makes me think of 'rain' songs- like "Who'll Stop the Rain", "November Rain", "Riders on the Storm", and especially "The Rain Song".

I've come to the conclusion that "The Rain Song" was the best work of Zeppelin, I keep coming back to it and the album Houses of the Holy in particular. It just creates such a dreamlike soothing atmosphere, even if the lyrics are kind of silly.

I know there are several here who share my sentiment. The again, I've really been digging "Ten Years Gone" too...

"Is he a toe-fucker or something? The Consumer's Guide To Rock! . . . Nice little box, B+. Can you imagine working on an album for a fucking year just to get a B+ from some asshole in the Village Voice?"

I take it this is a parody of Take No Prisoners, an album I've never bought because I've never seen it cheap enough. Downloaded some of it though and it's definetely the greatest live album I've ever heard.

Guest Felonies!

To be honest, I expected less music. "Sweet Jane" and "Walk On The Wild Side" delivered, but he plays "Coney Island Baby" relatively straight, and "Coney Island Baby" is one of the worst Lou Reed songs I've ever heard. (I haven't heard any of Sally Can't Dance, though.) The only humor is when he drags the "glory of love" part out and just starts going like "a dubbuh-dubbah grumgrumfdn glaaaalfhfffooeeer bababababaaLOVE" and shit with the colored girls and the backing band just playing as if, no, there is not a man having an episode in front of them.

Regarding: Sally Can't Dance

'Animal Language' is one of my favourite Lou songs and the rest is either mediocre or terrible (title track). 'Ride Sally Ride' is kinda hilarious. A Bangs favourite (perverse) but nowhere near deserving the slating it gets (allmusic). Street Hassle is worse.

Guest Felonies!

I like some of New York, but the generic bar band music gets boring after a while. Thank goodness for "Dime Store Mystery."

Guest Felonies!

Okay, I'm craving more acoustic-oriented Paul Westerberg in the vein of "Here Comes a Regular;" is there anything from his solo career that sounds like this? I heard that post-'Mats Westerberg was generally awful, or if nothing else, certainly nowhere near his previous heights, but I really like "Here Comes a Regular" and "Skyway," so yeah.

Uh....Folker, maybe? But not quite. Yeah, none of Paul Westerberg's solo stuff is near as good as anything the Replacements ever did. It's not bad, but not great.

What is the name of that song that plays during the opening credits of Jackass the movie? I know it's really famous and I'm trying to DL it but I have no clue what the name is.

No not the one from the TV opening. The one from the movie where they're rolling in the shopping cart. It's really famous almost gothic like with a choir and everything.

The new Bone Thugs cd contains like 4 love songs....WTF?!?!?!

So, the new Electric Six CD, Switzerland, came out on Tuesday.

First impressions: Not as totally balls-rockin' as Senor Smoke (which I liked, overall, better than their first album Fire), but still great and hilarious. Check out "Night Vision," "Pulling the Plug on the Party," "Germans in Mexico," and especially "Infected Girls" for a good time.

The new Bone Thugs cd contains like 4 love songs....WTF?!?!?!

I told you it was wack as hell.

a couple decent songs. better than DMX's newest one..... probably.

Guest Felonies!

I'm kind of disappointed by "Waiting for the World to Change," the leadoff single for John Mayer's new album. It's very vapid and vanilla (3). I don't know why I'm disappointed; since when do I have high expectations for John Mayer?

John Mayer's gonna be at Austin City Limits tonite. However, I'm not going to be seeing him, as we're leaving after Gnarls Barkley finishes at 6:30 so we can go eat bar-be-que before going to see Sufjan Stevens.

Guest Felonies!
John Mayer's gonna be at Austin City Limits tonite. However, I'm not going to be seeing him, as we're leaving after Gnarls Barkley finishes at 6:30 so we can go eat bar-be-que before going to see Sufjan Stevens.

I'd advise some permutation of Mayer, Barkley, and barbeque. That's how sick of Sufjan Stevens I've become. John Mayer is an improvement.

vivalaultra, will you be seeing the Dears this afternoon?

John Mayer, an exceptional guitarist, is too bland to be playing the blues.

Guest Felonies!

I like the John Mayer Trio side project, but his singer-songwriter stuff is just too sappy for me. And now he's doing some half-assed political thing with this new song, apparently justifying apathy towards current events because "the fight ain't fair" instead of actually doing anything. Perfect for college kids! Also, "we should bring our neighbors home from war." Yeah, no fucking shit, John.