TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

After watching the music video for, The Pestilence that Walketh in Darkness by Cryptopsy, Lord Worm is probably the creepiest person I have ever seen.

Dude is just down right fucking scary looking.

Guest •

"Stan" by Eminem would have been a really awesome song, except for:

1) that horrible car-crashing-into-the-water sound effect. Ridiculously over-the-top.

2) when Eminem realizes that he's writing to Stan and goes "oh wait. it was you. damn." If we're supposed to believe that he's rapping what he wrote in his reply, he wouldn't have written that, because then he never would've sent it. It would be more compelling if he was still oblivious to the fact until after the letter was signed/sealed/delivered. But then again, the last Stan verse is a tape cassette that was ostensibly lost in the crash. I dunno.

1.) I agree

2.) I think Eminem's verse was him rapping out what he was sitting there writing, and then while writing the letter he realizes it was Stan who killed himself. So, the letter never actually got sent out.

Good song.

some points about sonic youth:

1. 'washing machine' is not very good. aside from "the diamond sea", it's all either agreeably forgettable or actively bad (i'm looking at YOU, "panty lines").

2. 'murray street' is this close to being as good as 'daydream nation'. "plastic sun" keeps it from going that extra inch, but god damn is it good.

After listening to it, I quite like the new Prince album, not his best work but it's pretty good.

And I really like "Guitar".

I've been enjoying a bit of 'Guitar' of the album. It's not a classic by anymeans, but it's a good enough number to warrent 3 or so minutes of my time. It's been getting a decent amount of air play over on 6Music, I believe it's on the A Play list.

I really should buy a DAB so i can listen to 6Music as I'm starting to get sick of Radio 1.

the organ seems to be a lost art in rock songs, and that's really too bad. sometimes a good organ is just what a song needs. points to the early white stripes for putting one in "one more cup of coffee."

At least the Viola is still being in use by Yellowcard, despite how shitty that band is.

The flute needs to comeback.

not even close to the same thing. you could name a hundred great songs where the organ directly contributed to the greatness of the song.

Yeah, if anything the flute brought down rock and roll. I can't even begin to count the number of 70s Top 40 songs that were ruined by the flute.

Except for Jethro Tull, I've got nothing against them.

I always liked A Passion Play. It's no Thick as a Brick, but it's damn underrated.

Jethro Tull rule for winning the first metal grammy despite not being a metal band.

Also because Aqualung is a brilliant album.

I was listening to The Beatles' 'White Album' today for the first time in a long time while I was driving. I've decided that the 'I need a fix cuz I'm going down...' guitar line in 'Happiness is a Warm Gun' is one of the greatest music moments ever; it's comprable to the guitar part in Wilco's 'Via Chicago'. Also, 'I'm So Tired' is a really, really great song.

Jethro Tull rule for winning the first metal grammy despite not being a metal band.

"The flute is a metal instrument!"

I was listening to The Beatles' 'White Album' today for the first time in a long time while I was driving. I've decided that the 'I need a fix cuz I'm going down...' guitar line in 'Happiness is a Warm Gun' is one of the greatest music moments ever; it's comprable to the guitar part in Wilco's 'Via Chicago'. Also, 'I'm So Tired' is a really, really great song.

Agreed on both the guitar line in "Happiness is a Warm Gun" and "I'm So Tired." Though for some reason my favorite moment in the former is the faux-backup singers at the end. There's something fantastically surreal and absurd about that bit that makes me love it.

So the Yeah Yeah Yeahs released an EP today called Is Is that was recorded between Fever to Tell and Show Your Bones.

I think it will greatly please the people who enjoyed FTT and hated SYB. Lots of wailing guitars, random screams by Karen O and energetic rocking out.

It's a pretty solid five song collection.

I hate it when openers play longer than the headliners. It seems to happen at about 40% of concerts by local bands I go to for some reason. On Friday, I had to tolerate this excrutiating band from New Jersey called deSol (a bunch of white hippies who thought they were Santana) for 80 minutes. And then the headliner (a reunited local band playing their first show in five years) comes on and plays for an hour and the sound is terrible for the first forty minutes of their set (but it was just fine for those damn hippie openers)

I've decided to restart playing bass guitar and decided to re-learn on how to do so would be to find some tabs online and learn to play those. Only I've found out that none of them work now and have had the tabs removed for legal reasons. Now what am I supposed to do? Are there any sites where I can get free tabs from?

I'm really digging Sex Change by Trans Am and From Here We Go Sublime by The Field right now.