TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Fountains of Wayne are playing a free show on August 9th at Copley Square Park in Boston. Sweet. Bands I like NEVER play free shows. It seems like the only bands that play free shows around here are third rate jam(and reggae) bands and oldies acts.

cowboy junkies are doing a free show in the park here in pittsburgh. i have no idea how good theyre supposed to be live, but what the hell.

The last free show I went to was two summers ago when I saw Better Than Ezra downtown. During the set, somebody kept throwing batteries at me and my friend when we were half jokingly dancing to some of the songs. I don't know whether they were hardcore Better Than Ezra fans that could see through our sarcasm or just some assholes- but I'd be willing to bet the latter.

Random "What is this song!" question.

For about a month now, this local radiostation (so local they broadcast out of a high school) has been playing this song. Problem is....they really don't have dj's on the radio all the time and when they do...they really don't talk all that much and when they do...they really don't name the title of a song or the band who plays it. They've been playing this one song a lot and I really it but they are not saying the name of the band or the song. I would call them but it's the weekend and they don't have any dj's during the weekend. I've tried googling some of the lyrics and I get nothing except for other random songs. If anyone can help me...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Here is the song lyrics I'm going off of because this is the corus..

"It's so good to see that this world is alive."

If I could post any more lyrics I would, but the band sings kinda fast, so it sounds all jumbled up. But that one line is the line they say very clearly and repeat it a lot.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Deftones gave seriously one of the worst perfomances I've ever seen, and that's counting local acts.

I don't know why, but I like the song "Sour Girl." And I fucking hate STP.

I feel dirty.

Deftones are horrible.

Their covers (particularly of Depeche Mode and Duran Duran) are dreadful. Not the worst covers, but pretty bad nonetheless.

For about a month now, this local radiostation (so local they broadcast out of a high school) has been playing this song. Problem is....they really don't have dj's on the radio all the time and when they do...they really don't talk all that much and when they do...they really don't name the title of a song or the band who plays it. They've been playing this one song a lot and I really it but they are not saying the name of the band or the song. I would call them but it's the weekend and they don't have any dj's during the weekend. I've tried googling some of the lyrics and I get nothing except for other random songs. If anyone can help me...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

If I could post any more lyrics I would, but the band sings kinda fast, so it sounds all jumbled up. But that one line is the line they say very clearly and repeat it a lot.

According to research, it's a song called "Themata" by an Austrilian five-piece outfit with the horrible name of Karnivool.

Hrm. That's disconcerting, Deftones and The Fall of Troy are on the same bill as Dir En Grey on the show I'm going to on Tuesday.

According to research, it's a song called "Themata" by an Austrilian five-piece outfit with the horrible name of Karnivool.

Ah, thank you so very much.

Guest Vitamin X
Hrm. That's disconcerting, Deftones and The Fall of Troy are on the same bill as Dir En Grey on the show I'm going to on Tuesday.

If anything, that'll mean that the Deftones are headlining, so you can just leave early.

I've learned with Deftones that you either like a song or you flat out hate it...there's no in between, there's no eh this song is passable. It's either good or it straight up sucks...most often the latter.

I don't mind the Deftones, but I can't recall any other recent band getting as many negative reviews and responses to their live show. It might be fun to stick around and see the crowd react to Chino's pitch-ignorant wailing, though, so there's no sense in leaving early.

Well, Dir En Grey is the reason we're going, so I guess we'll just wing it on Deftones. If Fall of Troy is on last we'll stick around, though, I've been digging what I've heard from them so far.

The problem that I have with Ben Gibbard is that on every DCFC CD, there's like...1 or 2 songs that I like, but the other 10 or 11 songs are whiney and trite. Dude can turn a clever phrase, though.

I, without any reservation, can say that DCFC turned out one solid album—We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes—and a handful of good songs spread out on their early eps and lps (with regard to the latter, I mainly refer to The Photo Album; their first album, Something About Airplanes, was little more than a Built to Spill rip-off, minus that band's guitar theatrics). I can't defend them at all now, though.

I can listen to DCFC in the same sense that I can listen to The Killers. I can listen to them and enjoy the hooks and stuff and tap my head and foot along with the music, but if I think about it too much, I just get embarrased for everyone involved.

I've been listening to way too much Punk Funk/Mutant Disco lately. Stuff like ESG, Liquid Liquid, Delta 5, etc.