TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

A kid in one of my classes at school turn to me this week and randomly asked "Why do so many white people like the Wu-Tang Clan?"

He went on to add that he's seen Wu three times and every time, the majority of the crowd was white. Very interesting point.

A kid in one of my classes at school turn to me this week and randomly asked "Why do so many white people like the Wu-Tang Clan?"

He went on to add that he's seen Wu three times and every time, the majority of the crowd was white. Very interesting point.

According to some "expert" on the Tyra Banks Show, 70% of the buyers of hip hop records are white men. He said something about how they all wanted to see the minstrel show.

CDs I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks and months aka "A post for everyone to make fun of":

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long

The Bravery - The Sun and the Moon

Hot Hot Heat - Happiness Ltd.

The National - Boxer

Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger

Interpol - TBA (June 5th release according to Metacritic - incorrect?)

I also see that the Smashing Pumpkins have a new release scheduled for July 7th. I'll approach that with caution.

Listening to Sound of Silver, I think it's safe to say All My Friends and Us. Vs. Them are strong contenders for song of the year.

Guest Eagle Man

I really think "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs is a kickin' tune!!! Does this mean Mik can punch me in the balls for giving him a hard time about this stuff?

Todd Rundgren is playing here in a few weeks. I'm this close to pulling a King Kamala Classic and going.

Ha- I haven't seen him live yet. I've came close to seeing him twice- once solo and once with The New Cars.

My brother saw him two or three years ago and said he played every song off of his then-new album, "Hello It's Me" and two or three other old songs.

I must correct myself actually, I've came close to seeing Todd Rundgren three times! Two summers ago, he was opening up for Hall and Oates in Boston and I wanted to go. But then the show got postponed and Todd got replaced with Richard Marx. Really dodged a bullet on that one.

Oh yeah, another thing my brother told me about the Todd Rundgren concert was that Todd "rapped" and that it was incredibly embarrassing.

Couldn't have been worse than the time I heard Stephen Stills rap though.

Hate to double post. But saw Guster last night at The Boston Opera House...damn good show. The best part was a special appearance by Bob Saget. And I'm not joking, Danny fuckin Tanner showed up during the encore.

The Friday ATP portion of the Pitchfork fest will be Sonic Yout/Daydream Nation, GZA/Liquid Swords, and Slint/Spiderland.

$15.

the new bone thugs album is pretty sweet compared to their last one. Here's a little Fleetwood Mac sample.

Wind Blow

Anyone heard the new NIN album yet? I've had one listen through it and its more of the same really, doesn't seem to have that 'next step' that the other albums have from each other.

They put more effort into the 'secret online alternate universe' promotion thing than they did into the actual album, I think.

1) Arctic Monkeys new CD blows and this is coming from someone who enjoyed "Whatever People Say I Am, That's what I'm not." However, Flourescent Adolescent is a great song.

2) I saw OK Go in concert tonight. You might not like them but they put on a great show. Stole the show from the headliners and hit a damn near flawless five strong stretch to end the show, which included all of my favorites of theirs: Oh Lately It's So Quiet, Invincible, Don't Get Me Down (Electric Light Orchestra cover), Here It Goes Again, and Do What You Want to close the show. Real good.

3) All American Rejects were the said headliners. I'm 99% positive that he was drugged up in some small way. A lot of parents brought kids since their a hip MTV band at the moment but those kids were all gone once he started talking. Million F bomb, talking about getting all the ladies in the audience wet, changing all of their "tender" lyrics to sexual lyrics. Before "Swing Swing" he said... and here's a song for all the Junior High kids. That made me respect them more because I think they realize what's going on. He spent a lot of time pandering to the local audience though. I never thought I could hear Cornell University worked into songs so many ways but I was wrong. They were decent, hilarious singer aside, but "Move Along" was awesome live. The rest was meh.

I just bought my tickets to this year's Austin City Limits festival for Sept. 14th-16th after having such a wonderful time the last two years there. There's only a very preliminary list of scheduled acts out so far. Of the acts so far announced, I'm looking forward to seeing Andrew Bird, Charlie Musselwhite, Rev. Horton Heat, Robert Earl Keen, and Ben Kweller (who I like more than Ben Folds). It's been confirmed that neither the Police nor Pearl Jam will play at the festival and the promoters have said recently that the three headliners will be 'bigger' than either Red Hot Chili Peppers or Radiohead. Early speculation is some combination of Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and maybe Springsteen, all of which would be great.

Anyone heard the new NIN album yet? I've had one listen through it and its more of the same really, doesn't seem to have that 'next step' that the other albums have from each other.

Are you kidding? It's NOTHING like "With Teeth" (which is a good thing) and really, style-wise, is only comparable to "Pretty Hate Machine".

New Radicals Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too is a severely underrated album

I totally agree with this. For whatever reason the album doesn't seem to get a whole lot of love despite it being quite good. Shame really.