TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Guest Czecherbear

Would've been a great Side 1 if they were better musicians. They weren't good enough to go longform like that. The short songs are great, but "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" is, how you say, rubbish.

The new Lil Wayne mixtape is pretty bad.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Would've been a great Side 1 if they were better musicians. They weren't good enough to go longform like that. The short songs are great, but "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" is, how you say, rubbish.

See, I like their production-fiddling stuff they throw around on the big number, blending the honest college try at being a progressive epic and the guitar/keys/bass/drums noodle bowl. That's a neat, if obvious, concept.

APB is indeed shit, with a couple happy little piano parts. "Marmalade. I like marmalade."

Summer of '68, though; that's one of the lost very good Pink Floyd songs.

Ashlee Simpson and husband Pete Wentz have welcomed their first child, a boy.

Bronx Mowgli Wentz weighed 7 lbs, 11 oz, and was 20.5 inches long. He was born Thursday night, a spokesperson for the couple confirms.

"Proud new parents Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz welcomed new son, Bronx Mowgli Wentz, late this evening," the rep tells Us. "Ashlee, Pete and baby Bronx are all healthy and happy, and thank everyone for their well wishes!"

Source: US Magazine

Bronx Mowgli? Fucking Jungle Book shit? Wow.

Guest Czecherbear

Black Lushus named his daughter Brooklyn. I sense a playdate, but good luck getting Fairfield to join in the fun.

Posh and Becks have a child named Brooklyn...

Oh well, pretty soon they'll say "OMG parenting is srsly hard" and throw it in the garbage like a cabbage patch doll.

Ashlee Simpson and husband Pete Wentz have welcomed their first child, a boy.

Bronx Mowgli Wentz weighed 7 lbs, 11 oz, and was 20.5 inches long. He was born Thursday night, a spokesperson for the couple confirms.

"Proud new parents Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz welcomed new son, Bronx Mowgli Wentz, late this evening," the rep tells Us. "Ashlee, Pete and baby Bronx are all healthy and happy, and thank everyone for their well wishes!"

Source: US Magazine

Bronx Mowgli? Fucking Jungle Book shit? Wow.

It was the first thing they thought of that would give their kid the initials BMW.

This is the worst thing I've heard/witnessed this year.

In a serious WTF moment the small but booming jazz pub near my apartment has somehow managed to secure The Edge from U2 and Jimmy Page as it's guests of honor for their first annual blues fest in February.

I pretty much find all my new music from mixwit nowadays.

Digging a lot of Joanne Newson; "Cosmia" is probably the most unlikely song I've listened to over and over and over again. I love the arrangement, and the lyrics are very good. Of course, her voice is the standout, which I find to be a mix of Bjork and Butters from South Park. For whatever reason, I love it. "Sprout and the bean", "Clam...", and "Colleen" are all tremendous as well.

I may be a bit behind on Tdot hip hop, cause I just found out about K'naan. I flipped when I first heard "Strugglin", audibly clapping at some parts. "If rap gets jealous" and "in the beginnings" are suitably dope as well. I am going to see if I can find "Dusty foot" tomorrow ("Ys" as well). The dude is having a show in Toronto this month, but he is opening for Matisyahu... eeh...

Out of all the Detroit Techno Producers, Carl Craig is above and beyond the best. I mean Psyche/BFC, Innerzone Orchestra, Paperclip People, 69, works under his own name, and his remixes-the man is a god.

I am debuting my new movie "I Am King" for my new fragrance "I Am King" which is available exclusively at Macy's. This fragrance is dedicated to Barack Obama, Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King and all you men out there who take care of your families and respect and treat yourself like the Kings that we are all. I would like to also announce that this is my audition tape for the next James Bond. There is a black president and it's time for there to be a black Bond. God Bless...

One of these days I really need to dig into Detroit Techno in a more thorough way than just typing "Juan Atkins" into YouTube and clicking on random things. What's a good compilation to start with, gary floyd?

As far as artist compilations, go with Derrick May's Innovator, Model 500's (Juan Atkins) Classics, Carl Craig's Sessions, and Kevin Saunderson's Faces & Phases. For various artist compilations, go With Detroit: Beyond the Third Wave, A Subjective Study of Planet E Vol. 1 & 2, Warp 01: Influences (can't recommend that one enough, though it's more classic Techno than just classic Detroit Techno), and The Forgotten Sounds of Tomorrow. Hope that helps.

I just realised that I've gone through the last couple of years confusing 'Ride Sally Ride' from Lou Reed's Sally Can't Dance album with 'Mustang Sally' by Wilson Pickett. I always found it odd that I could never find audio of the former.

I am debuting my new movie "I Am King" for my new fragrance "I Am King" which is available exclusively at Macy's. This fragrance is dedicated to Barack Obama, Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King and all you men out there who take care of your families and respect and treat yourself like the Kings that we are all. I would like to also announce that this is my audition tape for the next James Bond. There is a black president and it's time for there to be a black Bond. God Bless...

I'm sure this man (probably) has something better to do than Vlogs. ADmittingly, they are better than regular Vlogs.

Hey... this new Fall Out Boy, Folie a Deux, is probably the best album I've heard in months.

Obviously not for everyone, but they are one of the few bands I like that gets better with every album.