TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

A little something for the Phillies fans..

Just pulled this out of a box of Upper Deck Legendary Cuts... best pull of my life. Last one went for $400.

Figured you might like to see it...

04LegendaryCutsRichieAshburnCutSig.jpg

Guest Wart

Nice. I've gotten a few boxes of Legendary Cuts in the past few years, but havent been able to pull a cut auto. On the bright side, I bought one pack of Topps Archives Reserve in 2001 and pulled Willie Mays and Luis Tiant autos from the same pack. Not bad for about 4 bucks.

I used to be really into baseball cards until the late ninties when packs started becoming 5 bucks each. I am not willing to spend thousands a year just to keep up the collection. I think my best card is a '93 Upper Deck SP Derek Jeter rookie card, its in great shape. I should probably have the card graded.

Thanks, guys. When I got the box I had a pipe dream of pulling a Babe Ruth or an Abraham Lincoln... knowing I only had a 1/16 chance of pulling a crappy cut sig of some dead player, no one had ever heard of.

I opened it and saw a different border from the base cards... I immediately assumed it was a regular autograph of someone still alive, as I figured the Cut Signature would be bulky.

Needless to say, I was thrilled to pull the Ashburn.

Guest LooneyTune

Lucky Bastard. I have no luck at all with getting these expensive cards in packs or when buying the boxes of 10-15 packs.

Guest Catcher8C

Best cards I've gotten;

02 Manny Ramirez auto- like 20 probly

03 Topps Hank Aaron (chrome or somthn) - probly 75

Good pull.

I haven't collected cards at all since about 5th grade or so, but my best one is probably a '93 Topps AAA Future Catcher Stars or whatever card, split into four players. Mike Piazza, Carlos Delgado, Brook Fordyce, and I don't remember the other guy but he didn't really do anything. Not much to brag about (I have a few other rookies, like Smoltz, Pedro, Knoblauch) but it's the best I've got.

Guest Failed Mascot

I think the thing that will really excite Phillies fans is that they could pursue Jose Hernandez to be their utility infielder.