TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Flair throws punch at Foley backstage

Thats what my inside sources are telling me.

Discuss.

Guest LooneyTune

Flair looked wasted on RAW, so he probably got pissed Foley refused to touch Mr. Happy. Too bad Flair didn't connect (or did it?), maybe it will knock the thought of Foleys next book out of his mind.

Guest LooneyTune

Oh well... it would've been more entertaining than anything on RAW if it happend.

My Inside sources say this joke went over Looney's head.

Nice try, cunt.

Guest Trivia247

Instead of the Cloak n Dagger my Inside source bullshit, how about actual Sources like say...

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Dave Meltzer is reporting that there was a backstage physical altercation at RAW last night between two legendary figures - Ric Flair and Mick Foley.

As the story goes, Flair reportedly threw a punch at Foley's head before the RAW tapings in Huntsville, Alabama. This happened when Foley refused to shake Flair's hand, and followed that with a comment Flair didn't like about asking for an autographed book. Flair's punch landed, and the two were broken up before anything else happened. Foley wasn't injured from the punch, and decided, as we all saw, to work RAW anyways.

Guest Trivia247
AJ Styles looks like Dale Eanrhardt Jr.

I never realized that until today.

heh

discuss....

Instead of the Cloak n Dagger my Inside source bullshit, how about actual Sources like say...

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Dave Meltzer is reporting that there was a backstage physical altercation at RAW last night between two legendary figures - Ric Flair and Mick Foley.

As the story goes, Flair reportedly threw a punch at Foley's head before the RAW tapings in Huntsville, Alabama. This happened when Foley refused to shake Flair's hand, and followed that with a comment Flair didn't like about asking for an autographed book. Flair's punch landed, and the two were broken up before anything else happened. Foley wasn't injured from the punch, and decided, as we all saw, to work RAW anyways.

No, if that was from Meltzer it would have said, "The glorious Ric Flair, without question the greatest of all time, was being a gentlemen backstage this evening at raw. While Flair was spending some time with handicapped children backstage the belligerent Mick Foley ran up to the god of wrestling and provoked an altercation with the sexy legend. Flair, being the man that he is (sexy, great and dapper), calmly told Foley he did not want any problems, and offered his hand in friendship. Foley had the audacity to slap away the hand of the only icon in wrestling, and attempted to sucker punch Flair. Flair, using his extensive amature skills (he is not only the best pro wrestler, he is also the best fighter ever) blocked the shot from Foley, and landed a blow which leveled the stunt man, knocking him out. The only reason Foley appeared on Raw was because Flair, being the greatest medical mind of all time, revived Foley. I give the whole thing 5/5 tissues.

Guest Trivia247

Before the immediate altercation, Foley snatched away the copy of Flair's book Ric always kept around and set it on Fire! then he wrapped it in Barb wire and started hitting himself with it. Thats when Flair hit him, not to Harm him oh no, but to put the fire out...

Guest LooneyTune

Now do one with Bob Backlund instead of Foley. Flair, Meltzers wet dream lover, and Backlund is the jews to his Hitler.

Guest BionicRedneck

If Bob Holly had done it, I'm know what the reaction from the net would be. But with Flair, people will probably just bring up the story of how he got a great match out of El Gigante and try to blame that 'glorified stuntman'.

If this is true you really can't blame Foley for not shaking Flair's hand. I wouldn't either if someone just kept bashing me for my career...if i had one.

This news is actually on the observer website now. Did someone from here actually send this to dave as a fake story, or did this actually occur? If someone sent this to Dave as fake news, then you are my new god. I will bow down before thee and proclaim thee my lord and master. I will worship at your alter. It is also on the torch website.

So it really happened?

Great, now I feel like an ass forchanging the subject from Foley/Flair to Aj/Earnhardt Jr.

Sorry.

*extends hand to Girl U Want*

*Girl U Want doesn't accept apology*

:angry:

*swings wildly only to fall to the floor*

Guest Loss

Fuck second hand news sites. Meltzer also went on to say that the locker room consensus was that this was a work to build to an eventual match at Wrestlemania, but that's being left out of all the hackjob reports.

Guest Dazed
And why does the WWE want to work the net? As far as I know they hate the internet.

You sort of answered your own question there.

*extends hand to Girl U Want*

*Girl U Want doesn't accept apology*

:angry:

*swings wildly only to fall to the floor*

It sounds weird when you call him "Girl U Want".

Guest CronoT

How high was Flair on the Jake Roberts scale last night? Also, Flair's book was very inflammatory, so it's no surprise that some of the guys he ripped into are going to take it personally.

Guest Loss

Not to mention that Flair was encouraged to rip into wrestlers by HHH and the McMahons. They think a controversial book would sell better than one that doesn't attack anyone, which is why Flair was given carte blanche. He bashed Bret because he was trying to suck up to the boss, because he's Ric Flair and that's what he does. The Foley comments were probably made in the hopes of building an angle down the line.

Seriously? I agree with most of your comments. But I do think Flair looks down upon those who he perceives as less accomplished as he. If you haven't worked 60 minutes "Broadway" than Flair has no use for you. He doesn't care about what Foley has done in the past, his perception of him is that he's a garbage wrestler.