TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

ECW PPV? Roster Switches?

The deal over Angle getting involved in getting the finish in his SummerSlam match with Eddie was first reported in the Observer.

And Eddie tapping out clean was the wrong finish for three reasons:

1: The story behind the match was Eddie coming for revenge on Angle for twice costing him the WWE Championship. When a babyface comes for revenge, and gets beaten clean, by submission no less, it does a lot of damage to him. After all, why should the fans get behind a babyface who quits in the middle of the ring when he’s going after revenge on the heel who cost him the World title ? It’s a basic of precept of good booking that you don’t make the face look like a failure, because it turns the fans off of getting behind him. And Eddie did look like a failure here, not only because he failed to get any revenge on the heel, but also because he tapped out clean in the middle.

2: The clean finish this early in the program, and this one was spotless, takes major steam off of the feud. If it was Eddie getting the clean win, then at least they could keep the feud going by having Angle attack Eddie after the bell and lay him out. That would have given them a reason to keep it going, as well as doing a good job of keeping it hot. With the heel getting the clean win, with no controversy at all, then it takes all the steam out of the feud, because he’s proven himself the better man. If Angle was going over, they should have done some major interference or cheating behind it, so at least Eddie would have been justified in wanting a rematch, and it would have been in a way that the fans would have been able to get behind Eddie, as the babyface who got robbed. As it is, he didn’t get robbed, got beaten clean, and the fans have no real reason to get behind his demand for a rematch.

3: Eddie just lost the WWE Title the month before, and he absolutely should not be losing on the very next PPV, much less losing cleanly. As the babyface who got robbed of the WWE Title, twice, he should have come out of SummerSlam with a ton of momentum, preferably from winning a high profile match. As it is, he lost on two PPV’s in a row, with the first loss only having a minor amount of controversy behind it, and the second loss being clean as a sheet. Tell me how any babyface looks good after that, especially a main event one.

I can understand Angle winning because it was his return match, but the fact Eddie lost 3 times in a row on PPV definitely makes his character look bad and drops him even further down the ladder. The sad part is Eddie wasn't even the one who pin Angle to blow-off their feud at SSeries. :huh:

It would be weird watching "ECW" without listening to Styles. I mean hell, when I used to watch MLW, I thought it was ECW half the time just for the fact that Styles was calling the action.

It would be weird watching "ECW" without listening to Styles. I mean hell, when I used to watch MLW, I thought it was ECW half the time just for the fact that Styles was calling the action.

If you think about it, they could do the show without commentary.

Hunter's Torn Quad you did a great overview for wrestling 101, but this company has Big Show as the face against Kurt Angle whom by all accounts he murdered ;) :lol:

Now I wish Vince would be stubborn in not bringing back ecw. Damn, he's hellbent on keeping the stipulation on wcw :P This things smells disaster all over it. Great American Bash wasn't atrocious enough? They can hardly spark the same kind of emotions for its big four events(although Mania is always Mania) much less bringing back an ecw ppv.