TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DVD Spree

How "big" can you get without using roids

Most guys need to juice to maintain the size they got from working out in the gym. In some cases, like HHH's, you gain about 30 pounds after your first major injury (knee in late '98) or else you gain 20 in about a year after debuting with the company (Kurt Angle) or else your body has a complete makeover in a couple of years (Trish).

Good genes, those are the real key in seeing fast results from working out in the gym regularly. Otherwise, be patient and continue doing the workout you determine is best for your body. Eating right also plays a big part in seeing your body change for the best. Rest and sleep are also vital.

I wouldn't be surprised to see HHH croak before Vince. At least Vince doesn't take the amount of physical abuse that HHH's body takes on a regular basis.

I can tell you with full confidence that everyone in the WWE is on the juice or has taken it at some point.

Yes folks, even Stacy Keibler.

Guest wildpegasus
Re: RVD

The pictures don't prove he's on steroids. Those are from...what? 10-12 years ago? After constant lifting for years, if the person doesn't get any bigger whatsoever, then they're not pushing themselves.

That was my point. He was a good build back then, so it's not like he needed roids to get the size he is.

Like I said, watch him in his short WCW run against the likes of Rip Rodgers, Vinnie V and whoever else back in the early 90s. See, the one thing about pictures and bodybuilding is that A)when somebody's just by themselves it is very easily to misjudge their size. "

I can tell you with full confidence that everyone in the WWE is on the juice or has taken it at some point.

Stacy only needs ass juice to maintain her size. That and good genes.

Guest wildpegasus
Well, this IS kind of a stupid subject. There is no way to really gauge how big anyone can get with or without steriods.

Better to look stupid and ask than not to know at all, I guess.

It's not like I want a hard and fast formula for determining how many pounds I would gain with roids compared to without them; just really wanted to figure a rough barometer as to what a natural build looks like.

Spree, what's your bodytype? Ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph or some kind of combination? What's your wrist size and at what heigth? Are you naturally skinny? What's your metabolism like? Are you naturally strong? Do you have a hard time with fat? Have you trained before and how did it go compared to your peers? (Remember though everyone gains muscle starting out)

Spree, I've taken steroids and I know firsthand how they can change the body. I cycled for about 4 months but I wasn't satisfied with my results and felt that the amount of lifting I did without them was satisfactory enough.

So he admits it! Which of the mods will be next to come out about their addiction?! This could be the biggest controversy in SmartMarks history!

*Ahem*

Seriously, this interests me. I am 5'8"-9", 125 pounds after losing 50 pounds of fat last year. I'd like to eventually get to Chris Benoit like size, but for now I'd like to just gain a decent amount of muscle to increase strength and alleviate the pain of the 2 bulging discs in my back before I go back and try to train for wrestling again. The "gains" I got in 2 months of working out before I moved were minimal at best, and I've considered the roids.

I was a drug addict and alcoholic until I was 20. Does that count? The only other mod I know who has an addiction is Zack Malibu. His worries me the most. No one else will say if they've got the proverbial monkey on their back.

Running on the beach and eating lots of protein before and after working out will help you. Eat some carbs before you work out though. Give your self an hour or so of downtime after eating before you work out though.

Try out the steroids if you want to just experiment. Just don't cut your hair during your cycling period. It might take a while to grow it back. I wouldn't recommend you take them on a regular basis but if you want to only experiment then go ahead. Just don't try to look *exactly* like Chris Benoit. I won't want to be him in 10 years. His body could tie Dynamite Kid's for worst post-wrestling body breakdown. Him and DK might be racing eachother in wheelchairs someday.

Stacy only needs ass juice to maintain her size. That and good jeans.

Edited for accuracy.

Stacy only needs ass juice to maintain her size. That and bulimia.

Edited for accuracy.

No, wait, this is edited for accuracy.

Whoa, Trish has taken roids? But I thought she was a fitness model before and had a already muscular body. Geez, I must be pretty ignorant.

Do all the women take roids?

Yes. But, it's mainly the ones who wrestle on a regular basis.

Check out Trish's fitness model era pics. She's way more ripped back then. Most fitness models I know, along with others that know others, all take some sort of muscle enhancer to "keep" their look. Their job is dependent on how they look and they have to be able to maintain that look. Imagine if they get sick and are unable to workout. They need to do something to keep that form. Now, she's more heavier and bulky than she was when she entered into the WWE in mid 2000. Like Foley, she needed to get stronger instead of toning. Now she has the best of both of both worlds.

Like Foley, she needed to get stronger instead of toning.

This frightens me because Mick Foley has never done a power move in his life.

Who said anything about power moves?

Bodyslamming someone like Vader, the Undertaker and Kane is no easy task. Especially when you are required to do it 4-5 nights a week when Foley was a regular on house shows. Even after he stopped working with those guys, he still needed to be able to do a simple vertical suplex to guys 230 + pounds on a regular basis. That can sap a guy's strength real fast.

The schedule these guys work is hell. They need to use something to maintain their strength and size. Working out doesn't cut it since they only get several hours of down time and spend it either sleeping or doing appearances for places. The time spent in the gym is cherished by many of them I'm sure.

So someone like Torrie Wilson is suspect to be on roids? I truly never even thought of WWE females on roids. Wow.

Girls like Torrie and Stacy and other non-wrestler Divas like Dawn Marie don't need to use steroids. They aren't required to go out on a regular basis and wrestle like Trish, Molly, Lita, and Victoria are required to whenever they work house shows. Jazz was probably one of the worst offenders in the female department, aside from Chyna.

Torrie's early WCW days saw her more toned like Trish was. But she was also as big as Trish is now. She was bigger than David Flair was when she entered into WCW and didn't look *that* petite standing next to Hulk Hogan. Now, she just looks slutty instead of juiced. That's not a bad thing.

Guest wildpegasus
Whoa, Trish has taken roids? But I thought she was a fitness model before and had a already muscular body. Geez, I must be pretty ignorant.

Do all the women take roids?

Yes. But, it's mainly the ones who wrestle on a regular basis.

Check out Trish's fitness model era pics. She's way more ripped back then. Most fitness models I know, along with others that know others, all take some sort of muscle enhancer to "keep" their look. Their job is dependent on how they look and they have to be able to maintain that look. Imagine if they get sick and are unable to workout. They need to do something to keep that form. Now, she's more heavier and bulky than she was when she entered into the WWE in mid 2000. Like Foley, she needed to get stronger instead of toning. Now she has the best of both of both worlds.

Trish was at her most "bodybuilderish" in her Musclemag days. I hadn't even noticed she added bulk since 2000. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that.

Which reminds me -- I've often wondered how many of the Joshi puroresu stars have taken roids.

Did Foley ever mention anything himself about taking roids?

And if WWE is making all their talent take steroids, they would of gotten in trouble (again) by now. Not saying I don't disgaree with you Loss about certain guys taking steroids (HHH and Angle), but I don't think the whole roster has.

Maybe they don't tell you to literally put the needle in but they often do give you "no choice".

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

The company no longer tests for steroids and haven't done so since 1996. That is how the company would really incriminate itself today.

The WWE is not going to get caught in another steroids scandal unless a wrestler on the current roster steps forwards and offers up concrete evidence, like papers and testimonials from people in power. Everyone learned their lesson from the first time. Jamie Knoble could have gotten the company into trouble with his suspect infection on his ass that led to his firing.

Really, the schedule that wrestlers have does not allow them to work out the needed amount of time to maintain their look and strength. They're either nursing injuries and resting up, dozing off for a couple hours before their plane lands, doing a public appearance for a couple hours, or else they are slipping into the gym for a minimum of a couple hours before they're scheduled to show up for that night's show.

These people are on a completely different workout schedule than anyone on this board. To believe that they can maintain their look and strength without taking any regular amount of steroids is being naive. It's just not possible. Their schedule does not allow them the necessary amount of time required to workout on a regular basis in order to maintain their look or strength. They've got too much going on in their work lives. They have no off-season except for the time when they're injured and put on the sidelines for an extended period of time. Don't mistake that time for a luxury to workout with. Most of that time is spent recovering from the surgery and then rehabbing like a crazy person in order to come back and earn their paycheck. These guys only get paid when they wrestle unless they're taking time off as part of an angle.

Foley has never mentioned anything about taking steroids. He's only brought up his cardio workouts in his first book. His second one was devoid of any substantial workout info.

The workers in Japan and Mexico are up in the air to me in regards to their steroid use. There are some that look like they use and then there are some that look like they don't. The out of state workers are the real "who's on the juice?" topic while the WWE question is pretty much elementary. I really couldn't tell you who is on the juice in Japan or Mexico unless I thought about it for a moment and looked at some recent footage of guys. They work different schedules than their American counter parts so that's a big difference.

Guest bigm350

I've been working out for almost 7 years. While I'm not a expert, I feel I have some knowledge about the subject. Genetics do play a good part in how much muscle you can build, but I feel anyone that busts their ass can acheive good results. The one thing most people don't do is stick with it. I don't know how many people I've seen at the gym I work out at, come and go. Nutrition is overrated. As long as you get 6 meals in a day and get sufficient protein, to go with a moderate amount of carbs, and a little fat, you'll be set. Also, it depends on how much fat you're carrying. If you're an ectomorph, you can skim over cardio and get good gains. Meso and endomorphs need to incorporate some cardio in their routines because they have an easier time of putting fat on.You can even supplement with creatine, which works wonders for strength and endurance. Also, yes, you need to get 8 hours of sleep a night. Overtraining is another big mistake. I go to the gym 3 times a week. I think 3-4 times a week is good. Anyhting more, and you're breaking muscle down too much and not letting it get the rest it needs to grow. Like I said, I'm not an expert but these things have helped me reach maxes of 360 lbs. on the free weight flat bench and over 400 lbs on free weight squats.

Guest krazykat72
Seriously, this interests me. I am 5'8"-9", 125 pounds after losing 50 pounds of fat last year. I'd like to eventually get to Chris Benoit like size, but for now I'd like to just gain a decent amount of muscle to increase strength and alleviate the pain of the 2 bulging discs in my back before I go back and try to train for wrestling again. The "gains" I got in 2 months of working out before I moved were minimal at best, and I've considered the roids.

You will never get to Benoit's size naturally.

Tom Billington, in his book, admits the most he could get up to was

175-180 before juicing up to 225ish. That's around where Benoit looks now

(220ish). I wouldn't recommend packing on that much extra mass at your size

and seeing the amount of wrestlers dropping from enlarged hearts, you may want to think about it.

-Paul Jacobi-

Guest DVD Spree

Firstly, thanks to Sass for his contributions to this thread - interesting stuff, m'man.

Secondly...

Spree, what's your bodytype? Ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph or some kind of combination? What's your wrist size and at what heigth? Are you naturally skinny? What's your metabolism like? Are you naturally strong? Do you have a hard time with fat? Have you trained before and how did it go compared to your peers? (Remember though everyone gains muscle starting out)

Oops, I think I gave the wrong impression here! Sorry bro, I can see how what I said might have been misleading, but I wasn't asking due to any personal interest (just felt on the defensive after being called stupid and phrased things in an ambiguous way). Though I think I could have a good build if I ever felt inclined to pick up a weight - I've got a broad frame and, for some bizarre reason, really big traps and calves. Ooh, FEEL THE ENVY, BUFF~!

Guest bigm350
Seriously, this interests me.  I am 5'8"-9", 125 pounds after losing 50 pounds of fat last year.  I'd like to eventually get to Chris Benoit like size, but for now I'd like to just gain a decent amount of muscle to increase strength and alleviate the pain of the 2 bulging discs in my back before I go back and try to train for wrestling again.  The "gains" I got in 2 months of working out before I moved were minimal at best, and I've considered the roids.

You will never get to Benoit's size naturally.

Tom Billington, in his book, admits the most he could get up to was

175-180 before juicing up to 225ish. That's around where Benoit looks now

(220ish). I wouldn't recommend packing on that much extra mass at your size

and seeing the amount of wrestlers dropping from enlarged hearts, you may want to think about it.

-Paul Jacobi-

Why not? I'm around 215 lbs at 5'8" tall. I've never juiced in my life and I was skinny as a rail as recently as 2001. I gained alot of weight through busting my ass in the gym, eating more, and using supplements like protein and creatine. As long as you're smart about it and train hard and do cardio I think you can be fine at a weight like that at a relatively short height. I've also heard and read that if you know what you're doing if you're using roids then you should be fine. Knowing what combinations to use, what amounts, and being sure to cycle off them, more than likely will not cause harm. I've never done roids but I'm not gung-ho against them. If used properly, there probably safer than smoking, drinking, or using other drugs.

I'd like to think Cena doesn't, despite his incredible physique. He's already straightedge as is.

I'd give Lesnar the benefit of the doubt as well. I remember seeing pictures of him flexing after wrestling matches at Minnesota when there was an article about him being another amateur joining the company in Raw magazine a few years go. He was already fucking massive, and I know the NCAA is much more strict than WWE would be.

Guest bigm350
I'd like to think Cena doesn't, despite his incredible physique. He's already straightedge as is.

I'd give Lesnar the benefit of the doubt as well. I remember seeing pictures of him flexing after wrestling matches at Minnesota when there was an article about him being another amateur joining the company in Raw magazine a few years go. He was already fucking massive, and I know the NCAA is much more strict than WWE would be.

I don't know, Cena looks like he is on something. He looks like he has a ton of muscle on a relatively small frame. Lesnar? Wasn't he busted for having HGH or something? But,on the flip side, he has a massive build, and looks like he would grow by just breathing.

Cena's was definitely on something, at least while shooting his movie. When he came back for SurSeri, his upper arms had a lot of added mass to them that wasn't there when he left.

I think Molly's ass is on the gas as well.

Guest wildpegasus

Remember Lesnar's baby voice? his "breasts" around his nipples? That's not going to help convice a jury.

Didn't Cena used to be a bodybuilder onstage? That goes against him as well.

You can beat tests if you're smart enough.