TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Uncanny X-Men Questions

FUCK CHUCK AUSTEN.

Now that's out of there...just read what he did to the book.

I haven't read since March 2002ish.

If all of these questions are answered "YES", I will buy every back issue I've missed since.

1) Has Northstar been removed from the team or killed?

2) Is Angel blue again?

3) Is Nightcrawler back to being religious again?

4) Is Mystique not in a "portal of Abyss"...

5) Has Stacy X been given a new name OR a nice costume since 400?

6) Did Polaris go away?

7) Did Havok go away? Did "Nurse Annie" finally leave?

9) Did they take the awful blue/gold colors off of Juggernaut?

10) Did Chuck Austen finally admit his work sucked and "The Draco" and his other worthless storylines were shit?

Thank you.

Stop fucking around, Marvel.

Technically, no, since he's still a teacher at the school, and definitely no

2) Is Angel blue again?

No, he's a rich white guy thanks to Black Tom.

Nightcrawler never stopped being religious

No idea

No, but she's in that wonderful area where all unused characters go, hanging out with the New Warriors.

6) Did Polaris go away?

She's on the Austen/Milligan X-team.

No, he's back, and Nurse Annie is still around, I think.

Not yet, but seeing as he turned face and isn't as powerful as before, it was probably an editorial decision. Personally I think that Juggernaut (sleeping with She-Hulk aside) was a character that Austen did right by.

10) Did Chuck Austen finally admit his work sucked and "The Draco" and his other worthless storylines were shit?

No, but give the guy some credit - he tried hard and took the heat for a lot of editorial decisions. And while his stories weren't great and he's been just killed in the online community, I don't think that there was a significant change in sales.

Anyways long term Austen's legacy will probably at most consist of Angel's secondary mutation and the introduction of yet another Guthrie. In other words, if you want to ignore his entire run, go ahead.

Yes and no. He got pulled from the active roster when they did X-Men Reloaded but is still at the school as a teacher. He showed up in the final Chuck Austen arc where he was shown kicking Sabretooth's ass.

2) Is Angel blue again?

No.

No, Marvel's realized how shitty Kurt is when he's all religious and now they have him going back and forth between hitting on Rachal Summers and Storm.

Nope. She's currently working for the X-Men as a reluctant secret agent.

Stacy left the team in Uncanny X-Men #421, having realized how everyone hates her. She recorded a goodbye/fuck you video letter for Angel where she was buck naked and jumping rope just to show Angel what he would be missing when she left.

6) Did Polaris go away?

Still around, but no longer batshit crazy.

Havok is still team leader, Nurse Annie left with her hellspawn in the final Chuck Austen issue with it heavily hinted that Cassandra Nova went with them to ensure they die horribly

They got rid of the yellow but when he was still wearing the blue when Austen unceromoniously sent Juggernaut into Xorn II's black-hole head...

Not really, as he never owned up to his fuck-ups and basically was screaming "Editorial Interference" (mainly to avoid being hated with a passion by the crazed Gambit fangirls when he decided to blind Gambit) when he was removed from the book.

According to rumor floating around the Comicboards.com X-Men boards, what ultimately broke the camel's back was Austen demanding he be allowed to use Magneto in adjectiveless X-Men in a storyline where it would be revealed that Magneto was once Nurse Annie's lover and that Carter the hellspawn was Magneto's kid; with the added context of Magneto revealing that he's the father of half of all of the evil mutants in the Marvel Universe as part of yet another one of Austen's imfamous "daddy issues being taken out on the readers in story format" stories....

According to rumor floating around the Comicboards.com X-Men boards, what ultimately broke the camel's back was Austen demanding he be allowed to use Magneto in adjectiveless X-Men in a storyline where it would be revealed that Magneto was once Nurse Annie's lover and that Carter the hellspawn was Magneto's kid; with the added context of Magneto revealing that he's the father of half of all of the evil mutants in the Marvel Universe as part of yet another one of Austen's imfamous "daddy issues being taken out on the readers in story format" stories....

Oy, I think that's too Russo-ish even for Austen to think up. Well, the "half the evil mutants" thing anyways. Good thing they left the Magneto thing alone for Morrison (by painting himself into a corner where he had to kill him) and Claremont (by using a horrible retcon to bring him back) to fuck up.

Then again, in the wrestling world, boinking so many women would probably turn Magneto face...

According to rumor floating around the Comicboards.com X-Men boards,  what ultimately broke the camel's back was Austen demanding he be allowed to use Magneto in adjectiveless X-Men in a storyline where it would be revealed that Magneto was once Nurse Annie's lover and that Carter the hellspawn was Magneto's kid; with the added context of Magneto revealing that he's the father of half of all of the evil mutants in the Marvel Universe as part of yet another one of Austen's imfamous "daddy issues being taken out on the readers in story format" stories....

Oy, I think that's too Russo-ish even for Austen to think up. Well, the "half the evil mutants" thing anyways. Good thing they left the Magneto thing alone for Morrison (by painting himself into a corner where he had to kill him) and Claremont (by using a horrible retcon to bring him back) to fuck up.

Then again, in the wrestling world, boinking so many women would probably turn Magneto face...

Magneto's a man whore!

HAVOK is the team leader? ugh...

I mean, that takes me back to 90's X-Factor. And Havok & Polaris were, IMO, the downside of that team. Rahne, Pietro, Strong Guy, and Madrox were quite entertaining and compelling as curious, brooding, idiotic, and uncertain, respectively.

Two things:

One, I wish that they'd use Northstar more - he's actually developed into something of an interesting character.

And I have to say, I actually like the Gambit / blindness subplot. I generally can't stand Gambit, but it made him slightly more compelling (read: slightly less annoying), so huzzah - Austen did one thing right in my book.

HAVOK is the team leader? ugh...

I mean, that takes me back to 90's X-Factor. And Havok & Polaris were, IMO, the downside of that team. Rahne, Pietro, Strong Guy, and Madrox were quite entertaining and compelling as curious, brooding, idiotic, and uncertain, respectively.

I think Havok was necessary on X-Factor, because Peter David needed a straight man for Guido, Jamie and Pietro. But that's just me.

HAVOK is the team leader?  ugh...

I mean, that takes me back to 90's X-Factor.  And Havok & Polaris were, IMO, the downside of that team.  Rahne, Pietro, Strong Guy, and Madrox were quite entertaining and compelling as curious, brooding, idiotic, and uncertain, respectively.

I think Havok was necessary on X-Factor, because Peter David needed a straight man for Guido, Jamie and Pietro. But that's just me.

I agree with you. Havok also had his own character flaw in the sense that this was his first time being a leader. They kinda hinted that, and if you think as the character as a whole, this is him trying to step up and be better than his brother.

Marvel needs to stop trying to kill Magneto all the time. It's like the X-Men can't keep him locked up in a prison or something. Instead, Mags always has to look like he's about to die after the story ends.

Wasnt there something going on last year were Nightcrawler discovered that Mystique wasnt his real mother or some crap like that?

Wasnt there something going on last year were Nightcrawler discovered that Mystique wasnt his real mother or some crap like that?

You are thinking of "The Draco" which basically revealed that Nightcrawler's daddy was an External who fancies himself to be the inspiration for the devil in all modern Christian faiths (Mystique being Nightcrawler's mom has been cannon since 1994).

Oh and he also gave Nighcrawler about three new siblings including AOA villain/mainstream Marvel Universe weaakling Abyss.

It's generally considered to be one of the worst X-Men stories of all time though it does have really good art from Philip Tan/Sean Phillips, mainly because of Austen using the story to bash all religions as stupid and his oft mention daddy issues by making Nightcrawler's dad be "Satan". Not to mention Austen using Havok to tell fans who hate what he's done to Havok and Polaris that he wishes he could urinate on each and every one of us.....

I must remember to stay away from this. What about Husk is she still on the team....is Husk even the right name? I cant remember all I know was she was in Generation X.

Last I heard, she and Archangel were slated to join the Excalibur crew over at Genosha.