TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestling365

WWE Star Getting Married; can you dig that sucka?

Guest wrestling365

The Raw crew start back on the road December 27 at Biloxi's Mississippi Coast Coliseum followed by house shows in El Paso and Houston, TX. The line-ups feature Randy Orton vs. Triple H, Chris Benoit vs. Edge, and Lita vs. Trish.

The Smackdown crew start back a day later December 28 with tapings from the UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans followed by house shows in Albuquerque, NM and San Antonio, TX. The line-ups feature Big Show vs. JBL, Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle, and the returning John Cena vs. Kenzo Suzuki.

The story reported on various websites regarding the WWE signing Angel Williams is almost true. She hasn't signed yet but was told by Tommy Dreamer earlier this week that a developmental deal would be mailed out to her. All she has to do now is sign papers once they arrive and fax them back. Williams is a 23-year-old female wrestler from Toronto who impressed management during try-out matches. She also recently had a boob job which probably didn't hurt her chances. I've seen her wrestle Trinity in TNA but that aside don't know much about her.

Rochelle Loewen, the fitness model used in a skit with Eric Bischoff two weeks ago on Raw isn't signed. She was told by WWE officials that they would call her if they wanted to use her again.

Booker T and former Nitro Girl "Paisley" (Sharmel Sullivan) will be getting married this coming February in Houston, TX. Best wishes to the 5-time WCW champion and his lady! There are more wrestling weddings in 2005... if I'm allowed to I might let the cat out of the bag in the near future.

Raw and Smackdown will be taped again in the U.K. next year on April 25 and April 26. Birmingham's NEC Arena is rumored but not yet confirmed as the location of the tapings. The Raw show will be the go home edition before the Backlash pay-per-view which is scheduled for May 1 in Manchester, NH.

The Hartford Courant had a story up on the Smackdown trip to the Middle East to entertain the troops. "It's the most dangerous place in the world," Vince McMahon said. "Everywhere we went we had to wear a helmet and flak jacket. We had a couple of code reds while we were there, mostly while at a dining-hall type deal, not so different from unfortunate incident this week in Mosul."

The Mississippi Sun-Herald has a story up on the upcoming Raw taping from Biloxi's Mississippi Coast Coliseum. Eric Bischoff told the paper: "We probably book 130 to 140 hotel rooms, and a lot of the crew that we hire is local... .We'll come in with about 110 production staff plus 17 or 18 semi-trucks filled with television equip, rigging, lighting, staging, all the pyro that you see... and probably with 40 to 50 talent, performers. So it's kind of like the circus coming to town. It's an amazing thing to watch. We'll start setting up probably around midnight or 3 a.m., all the way to when we go up live. It's an amazing transformation." Link: http://tinyurl.com/647zu

The Miami Herald has an interview up with Paul Heyman talking about ECW and the new DVD. No real new ground is covered. Heyman says: "I dedicated seven years to the project, and those of us who went through it don't have a lot financially to show for those seven years. The pride and creative fulfillment for what we had for what we did. The work is what we gave back to it is very fulfilling. It's kind of like the Elvis Presley or the Tupac Shakur thing in that it's remembered so fondly, and people praise when it's gone as much or if not more than when it was alive. I kind of knew that this thing was going be a rabid success. I know how much people miss ECW. I see it everywhere I go.'' Link: http://tinyurl.com/44ucf

Lita, Victoria, Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler will be representing the WWE at the 2005 Washington Auto show on December 26.

I didn't watch Velocity thid past week but apparently Todd Romero, the recently hired former Kansas City sportscaster, made his announcing debut replacing Bill DeMott with Josh Matthews. He's been given the TV name "Steve" because obviously there is already a "Todd" on the announce team. Romero said in a recent interview: "I'm stoked about trying something different. I mean, there are some pretty clever skits in the WWE. It takes some imagination... and I always wanted to do play-by-play. My dream was to be an NFL play-by-play guy. So this takes me closer to that."

Tough Enough winner Daniel Puder was a guest on 'The Pain Clinic' radio show out of Rochester, NY last Saturday morning. He said that he was given respect from the locker room after wrestling Kurt Angle in the impromptu match on Smackdown where he had him in a keylock. He doesn't yet know whether he will be training with OVW but said he's going to the next Smackdown TV taping in New Orleans. Jerry Lawler was also on to promote a local autograph signing. He talked about his recent match with Ric Flair saying that they did the best they could do in the 6 minutes they were given.

Rob sent this in... Just thought that I'd drop a note to say what a cool guy Jerry Lawler is. A co-workers husband set up the autograph signing for him in Rochester, NY on December 19 and as it happens another friend of mine was asked to pick up Mr. Lawler at the airport. My friend asked me if I wanted to drive to the airport to pick him up and of course I said yes. I was a bit nervous about meeting him but I was pleasantly surprised to meet a very cool guy. He was very personable during his visit both with my friend and myself as well as with all the fans at the event. He answered all of our questions with a smile, talked sports, joked around with us and even bought my friend and I lunch before heading back to the airport. So I'd just like to say to Mr. Lawler, from a couple of fans, thanks for giving us a day we won't forget for a very long time. Long Live The King!

"Blade: Trinity" starring Triple H dropped from #2 to #5 at the U.S. box office this past weekend. So far the movie has grossed a lower than projected $35 million.

Trish Stratus recently filmed a TV spot for CBC's Royal Canadian Air Farce to air New Years Eve in Canada.

Guest Mordecai's Cathedral
"I always wanted to do play-by-play. My dream was to be an NFL play-by-play guy. So this takes me closer to that."

It'll only be a matter of time before Romero will replace Lawler on Raw and we get two hours filled with football references.

"I always wanted to do play-by-play. My dream was to be an NFL play-by-play guy. So this takes me closer to that."

It'll only be a matter of time before Romero will replace Lawler on Raw and we get two hours filled with football references.

So which does everyone think is worse: "Puppieeees!" or "Solar Plexus!"?

Guest LooneyTune

Lawler says puppies once or twice a show in a span of 2 hours. The other douche says solar plexus 20 times in a span of 20 minutes (considering half of Velocity is recaps)

Guest netslob

"Puppieeees!" , definitely. Fuck Lawler and all he stands for.

The story reported on various websites regarding the WWE signing Angel Williams is almost true. She hasn't signed yet but was told by Tommy Dreamer earlier this week that a developmental deal would be mailed out to her. All she has to do now is sign papers once they arrive and fax them back. Williams is a 23-year-old female wrestler from Toronto who impressed management during try-out matches. She also recently had a boob job which probably didn't hurt her chances. I've seen her wrestle Trinity in TNA but that aside don't know much about her.

so if she's a face, who wants to take bets on where she'll be billed from? i'll go with Atlanta.

I didn't watch Velocity thid past week but apparently Todd Romero, the recently hired former Kansas City sportscaster, made his announcing debut replacing Bill DeMott with Josh Matthews. He's been given the TV name "Steve" because obviously there is already a "Todd" on the announce team.

....I'm fucking speechless.

Rochelle Loewen, the fitness model used in a skit with Eric Bischoff two weeks ago on Raw isn't signed. She was told by WWE officials that they would call her if they wanted to use her again.

Nobody remembers or cares anyway.

Booker T and former Nitro Girl "Paisley" (Sharmel Sullivan) will be getting married this coming February in Houston, TX. Best wishes to the 5-time WCW champion and his lady!

They should show clips of it on SD--it'd probably beat most of what they show on SD anyway.

"Blade: Trinity" starring Triple H dropped from #2 to #5 at the U.S. box office this past weekend. So far the movie has grossed a lower than projected $35 million.

Mildly amusing, but there aren't really any big blockbusters out these days. Lemony Snickett's #1 and is still doing lousy.

Guest Korgath
I guess HHH is no Ron Perlman when it comes to drawing money as a Blade heel.

Have you actually seen him in the movie? He looks less menacing than Nash as the Russian in The Punisher!

Nobody remembers or cares anyway.

But boy did everyone bitch about it at the time, including you as well probably.

I didn't watch Velocity thid past week but apparently Todd Romero, the recently hired former Kansas City sportscaster, made his announcing debut replacing Bill DeMott with Josh Matthews. He's been given the TV name "Steve" because obviously there is already a "Todd" on the announce team.

Oh, man.

Oh, man.

Yet they'll allow more than one "Chris" in WWE (imagine Joe Benoit.......ugh, that would have been horrible if Benoit debuted in WWE in 2001, around the time this "Similar-Name" bullshit started with Shane Helms and Shane McMahon).

DeMott was taken off TV because he's apparently going to be a trainer for WWE's Atlanta developmental league.

Hes going to be part of the Wildside set-up then?

This name changing does make sense, to a very limited degree. (1T).

The same name bullshit started in 2000 with William Regal. They didn't call him Steve Regal because they already had a Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, and Steven Richards at the time.

Guest LooneyTune

Whats the ratio of J.R. confusing Jericho with Benoit? 2:1? Still better odds than when Lilian Garcia would fuck up ring announcements.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

What's weird is that, They look totally different.

It's not like Edge and Christian in their heyday with each having long blonde hair and each wearing long pants.

Lance Cade's first name was changed to fucking GARRISON because they already had Lance Storm. :P

Why not "Cesar Romero"?

Oh and the "this gets me closer to football" line bugged me. What happened to this being the pinnacle? Why can't they find an announcer who wants to call a match for the sake of calling a match? It shouldn't be a stepping stone for greater things, it should be the greatest thing. Otherwise, chances are you're going to suck at your job. And as recent signings have proven, this is absolutely the case. Besides, how impressive is "WWE announcer" on a resume', anyway? I don't see Michael Cole departing for greener pastures, it hasn't gotten Jim Ross on Monday Night Football, Coach/Leary/Loyd.Snow/Grisham all of them, I haven' seen one leave WWE for something "better." I sure wish I did, though, because they're shitty at being wrestling announcers. Blame the in-ring product they have to work with, blame the Vince/JR in their headset telling them to shill the PPV as the match flies by, blame chief producer Kevin Dunn who feels an important quality for what's basically voice-over work is looking handsome. But mostly, blame the fact that they're not qualified.

The same name bullshit started in 2000 with William Regal. They didn't call him Steve Regal because they already had a Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, and Steven Richards at the time.

Didn't Regal debut sometime around July/August of 2000 in WWE? I now remember it actually starting in that year since you brought it up. Thanks.

Oh, man.

Is it wrong of me to have completely ignored Todd Grisham and think that because it was written "Todd" they were referring to Michael Cole?