TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Will Smith's "Gettin' Jiggy With It"

It took me 7 (seven fucking years!!!) years to get a hold of this remix because of its rareity (I couldn't find this shit anywhere, not on Kazaa, etc.), but I finally did. I don't know the DJ who put this together, but basically he mixed Will Smith's acapella and that one beat from GJWI with the original song that he got the beat for GJWI from [sister Sledge's "He's The Greatest Dancer"] that he also kept the half verses intact from that female singer. Its a tight remix and I think its even better than the original IMO (The DJ also got rid of that stupid ass "Na Na Na Na Na Na" chorus from Smith's original version) so check it out.

I also want to get this song spread out so more people can get a hold of it since I don't know if it was ever released nationwide on the underground level:

The Greatest Remix

And just for comparison's sake, I'll post the original Gettin' Jiggy With It also:

The original version

Tell me whatcha guys think.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
It took me 7 (seven fucking years!!!) years to get a hold of this remix because of its rareity (I couldn't find this shit anywhere, not on Kazaa, etc.), but I finally did. I don't know the DJ who put this together, but basically he mixed Will Smith's acapella and that one beat from GJWI with the original song that he got the beat for GJWI from [sister Sledge's "He's The Greatest Dancer"] that he also kept the half verses intact from that female singer. Its a tight remix and I think its even better than the original IMO (The DJ also got rid of that stupid ass "Na Na Na Na Na Na" chorus from Smith's original version) so check it out.

I also want to get this song spread out so more people can get a hold of it since I don't know if it was ever released nationwide on the underground level:

The Greatest Remix

And just for comparison's sake, I'll post the original Gettin' Jiggy With It also:

The original version

Whatcha guys think?

shut the fuck up

Was it done by a UK DJ?

I have no idea, but its a possibility. I'd sure like to know who did it.

And Banky, fuck you and fuck off.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
And Brian Jones, fuck you and fuck off.

don't disrespct the dead

One of Will Smith's worst songs is "Remixed" by someone else, and it now a good song? WTF?!? Banky is right, shut the fuck up. Most people with common sense do not care about a random DJ mixing a song(which most DJ do) and it is not a real remix. That is like calling the Grey/Purple/Gold/Double Black/ect Albums remixes of Jay-Z.

There have been much better blends over the years, this isn't one of them.

No, I will not shut the fuck up. You got a problem, take it to Hardcore, bitch!

Off the top of my head,

the Halcyon Live Mix

Lo-Fidelity's remix of Battleflag

About half of the Supersexy Swingin' Sounds White Zombie remix album.

Crystal Method remixing Keoki's Caterpillar.

DJ Caffeine's remix of "Sandstorm" made something I've heard possibly thousands of times extremely interesting again.

Remix I probably enjoy most is the Pimp Remix of Gigi D'Agostino's "L'Amour Toujours."

If you want to say this isn't the greatest mix, what do you think is?

New Order's Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix) from the Blade Soundtrack.

Did DJ Screw ever do a remix of Gettin' Jiggy Wit It? I think it would be cool if DJ Scew slowed down the chorus of Will saying "Nananana" to make him sound like Master P saying "Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....Na.....Na.......Na......". Now that would be THE greatest mix ever.

If you want to say this isn't the greatest mix, what do you think is?

New Order's Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix) from the Blade Soundtrack.

Actually, that is a very good one.

Off the top of my head,

the Halcyon Live Mix

Lo-Fidelity's remix of Battleflag

About half of the Supersexy Swingin' Sounds White Zombie remix album.

Crystal Method remixing Keoki's Caterpillar.

Oooooh, look at all the beyond the mainstream music you like, you must have really good taste in music. I for one am impressed.