Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO New Years Revolution Thread

RAW PRESENTS

WWE NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION

LIVE FROM SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, ELIMINATION CHAMBER

SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: SHAWN MICHAELS

Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge vs. Batista

At New Year’s Revolution, six men will enter, but only one will leave as the World Heavyweight Champion. What happens in between will be a brutal exercise in pain, endurance and the sheer will to survive. Welcome, once again, to the Elimination Chamber.

The battle for the World Heavyweight Championship began at Taboo Tuesday, when Shawn Michaels faced Triple H in a memorable encounter that ended when HBK was speared by Edge, allowing the Cerebral Assassin to make the cover. Several weeks later, the Championship was up for grabs again as the result of a Battle Royal ordered by acting RAW General Manager Randy Orton. When Edge and Chris Benoit pitched each other out of the ring, their feet hit the floor at the same time. Consequently, the co-winners faced The Game in a Triple Threat Match later that night. Again, controversy reared its head when Edge — locked in the Crippler Crossface — tapped at the same time Benoit was pinned. Again, no one Superstar clearly emerged as World Heavyweight Champion.

While many hoped that Mr. McMahon would resolve the dispute, he simply prolonged it by vacating the title, leaving returning GM Eric Bischoff to sort out the entire mess. Upon his return to RAW, he did precisely that. Gathering the three men in the ring, Bischoff revealed that each of them would fight for the World Heavyweight Championship in the Elimination Chamber. Joining them would be Chris Jericho, Randy Orton and the Evolution’s enforcer, Batista.

Bischoff shook things up once again during the last Raw of 2004. He put all six-men in Beat the Clock matches to determine who would enter the Elimination Chamber last, and thus, have the greatest advantage. Whoever won their match in the quickest time would earn that last, coveted spot. Much to the dismay of Triple H, that man was none other than Batista. Then, to add to the unpredictability of the match, Bischoff also announced that Shawn Michaels would be the special guest referee.

What was a three-man dispute for the Championship is now a six-man conflict consisting of two miles of chain and 10 tons of steel measuring 36 feet in diameter. In the end, five will be left bloodied, bruised and beaten and one will emerge victorious. Who will it be? All will be revealed at New Year’s Revolution on Jan. 9, 2005, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Lita © vs. Trish Stratus

Lita have Trish have had their share of run-ins with each other over the years, but their rivalry has reached an all-time high as of late, and the latest chapter in this rivalry will be written at New Year's Revolution on Jan. 9.

Stratus claimed that Lita was the walking Kiss of Death as she had led to the breakup of the Hardy Boyz, a nasty knee injury to Matt Hardy, the death of her unborn child and the injury to her husband Kane that knocked him out of commission.

Lita could hear only so much before she snapped. She was a woman on a mission and got a shot at the Trish's Women's Championship at Survivor Series. Lita could not control her emotions, though, as she choked out Stratus and got herself disqualified. To add insult to injury, Lita also broke Trish's nose, forcing her to wear a protective face-guard for several weeks.

Lita got a rematch for the Woman's Championship on the Dec. 6 edition of Raw, and this time the Queen of Extreme kept her emotions in check and hit a Twist of Fate and a Moonsault for the win and the title.

Now, it's Trish's turn to call for the rematch. Stratus has held the Women's Championship more times than anyone in WWE history, so it's safe to say that she is missing the feeling of having that championship belt wrapped around her waist. There's no telling what lengths these two Divas will go to in order to be recognized as the Women's Champion.

Kane vs. Gene Snitsky

Kane has been out of action since Taboo Tuesday, but he will be back with a vengeance at New Year's Revolution when he will take on the man who put him out of commission: Gene Snitsky.

Snitsky and Kane squared off in a Weapon of Choice Match at Taboo Tuesday, but Snitsky did the most damage with a steel chair as he wrapped it around Kane's neck and stomped on it, crushing his larynx in the process.

The two met in such a brutal match in the first place because Kane blamed Snitsky for the death of his unborn child, which was being carried by his wife, Lita. Kane's anger consumed him and it led to their match at Taboo Tuesday.

In Kane's absence, Snitksy has been tormenting Lita ever since. Snitsky claims that the death of Kane and Lita's child was not his fault, but Kane sees otherwise. One thing is for certain, though. Neither Superstar will be the same after this brutal match.

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Shelton Benjamin © vs. Maven

Shelton Benjamin was one of RAW’s breakout stars in 2004, and the Intercontinental Champion hopes to continue that success in 2005. But there’s one WWE Superstar looking to make a name for himself at Benjamin’s expense: Maven.

Ever since coming up short in his attempt at defeating World Heavyweight Champion Triple H on the RAW after Survivor Series, Maven has undergone a drastic transformation. He’s still a talented, athletic Superstar, but he’s also become extremely arrogant. Couple that with his new-found mean streak, and it could spell disaster for Benjamin.

Before Benjamin’s non-title match against Sylvain Grenier of La Resistance on RAW this past week, Maven came out to challenge Benjamin for his title. Benjamin was distracted but won his match nonetheless. After the match, Maven got up from the broadcast booth where he was providing guest commentary, and taunted the champ, telling him he had six more days until there’s a new Intercontinental Champion.

Is Maven all talk, or will he be able to back up his brash statements at New Year’s Revolution on Jan. 9?

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

William Regal & Eugene © vs. Christian & Tyson Tomko

Eugene and William Regal winning the World Tag Team Championships was one of the feel-good stories of 2004. Regal’s professionalism and experience coupled with the young Eugene’s exuberance and pure love for wrestling has been a recipe for success. But Christian and his problem solver Tyson Tomko are looking to mix up the ingredients a bit.

Tomko scored a pin over Regal on a recent edition of HEAT, and Christian got a big win over Eugene on RAW. The duo hopes that their success in the singles ranks will translate over to tag team competition and a World Tag Team Championship reign. Christian is certainly no stranger to the tag team scene, as he’s held the World Tag Team Championship on nine different occasions with such partners as Edge, Lance Storm and Chris Jericho. Will he be able to make it an even 10 title reigns, and will Tyson Tomko get to add his name to the list of Christian’s Tag Team Championship partners?

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Muhammad Hassan

It was no secret that Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari were not fans of RAW announcers Jerry “The King” Lawler and Good Ol’ J.R. before their debate on the Jan. 3 edition of RAW, but they took their dispute to a whole new level that night.

After J.R. tried to express his views, Hassan and Daivari brutally attacked the RAW announcing team. Hassan wrapped his belt around his fist and delivered two crushing blows to the skull of The King, busting him wide open. With Lawler on the outside, Hassan used the same belt to attempt to choke the life out of J.R. Lawler started to recover and came to the aid of his fallen friend, chasing Hassan and Daivari out of the ring.

Hassan may have gotten the best of The King with his cowardly sneak attack during the debate, but will he be able to overcome Lawler in an actual match? After the attack, The King asked General Manager Eric Bischoff for a shot at revenge against Hassan. Bischoff granted that request in the form of a match at New Year’s Revolution. It has also been announced that J.R. will be in Lawler’s corner for the match. Will Hassan be able to take out his frustrations on Lawler, or will The King get his revenge?

Whew...I think that worked.

Anyway, I actually ordered the show...since I now have the ability to do so and I'm on vacation to watch it.

So, let's see how well this show does.

Guest hhheld_down

i almost want to order this ppv, but when hhh wins tonight i will be glad i saved my money

i almost want to order this ppv, but when hhh wins tonight i will be glad i saved my money

I'm ordering it because it's the first PPV that I can order due to the fact I finally have a digital box in my room.

I'm thinking of ordering all the PPVs this year, just so I can say I did.

That's exactly my reasoning.

I wanna convince my friends "Let's all throw in 5 bucks" or something....but when the cable bill comes and I remember "OH, THATS WHERE THE NOSE GOT THE BELT BACK" (and he'll successfully retain it against Batista at WM 21, btw, only the Smackdown Title will change in the mian event) we'll be pissed.

Plus the undercard is one of the worst ever in WWE history.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

This will be the first show since 'Slam 04 i will bother to see live and I'll go to the bar for it. I haven't PAID for a ppv since WMX7.

Guest hhheld_down

I'm ordering it because it's the first PPV that I can order due to the fact I finally have a digital box in my room.

I'm thinking of ordering all the PPVs this year, just so I can say I did.

there is no way in hell i would order every single ppv this year, even if i wanted to. isnt there like 15 or 16 this year? at 35 dollars a pop (40 or more for WM) its way too expensive. If split ppvs were only like 20, then MAYBE

God bless my friend's illegal satellite and free PPV.

Of course, HHH is winning. That's gonna suck. But since I have nothing else to do and it is free, I shalt maketh with the watching.

I'm going to get together with a few friends and get it. Elimination Chamber better go at least 45 minutes cause that's all I care about seeing.

I'm guessing they'll surprise us with Edge winning the title tonight.

Honestly don't care about anything else on the card, so really Elimination Chamber or bust. But I think the crowd will make up for some of the suck...they're going to go crazy for anything.

I think they can but it wont be great; I think it'll be a side story to the Kane/Snitsky match.

I'm convinced Heidenreich kidnaps Lita tonight

Oh and just for kicks; lets have a aimchat for this HISTORIC ppv

@ the start of the show invite yourself to TSMNYRCHAT.

Oh and just for kicks; lets have a aimchat for this HISTORIC ppv

@ the start of the show invite yourself to TSMNYRCHAT.

And utterly ruin the first time I've ever started a PPV thread. Thanks a lot. :P

And no one here thinks that Trish and Lita could pull out a match like the one they had when Lita won the title?

Yes I do, except myself and others think it will be almost exactly like the Raw match, move for move, except Lita's plancha will likely not look sick as they'd probably be way more careful with it.

Chris is getting it...anyone else here paying for it?

Guest Dazed

MODNOTE

Live discussion of the show is fine in this thread. It's doubtful enough people will buy and discuss it to crash the board. This is not a challenge :(

Guest Fook_Theta

McMahon in the 1980s would have brought in Jack Bauer to face a Hoss and had him go over to much applause.

Bastard.

McMahon in the 1980s would have brought in Jack Bauer to face a Hoss and had him go over to much applause.

Bastard.

Vince would of had the Jack Bauer as guest ref for the main event, Desperate House Wife as ring announcer, David Cross as time keeper, Dave Chappelle as the announcer for the Shelton vs Maven match.

What you say that this is not Wrestlemania......

...David Cross as time keeper...

I doubt Vince would get Arrested Development. Not enough poop jokes.

Serious question, though. Was this PPV originally supposed to be a SmackDown one? I heard digital previews listed Carlito as being there, plus the TV Guide channel preview calls it a SmackDown event.

I'm watching it for the crowd.

Dames

The crowd was a selling point for me, also.

A good crowd can make even a crappy match watchable. This is the PPV that I've ordered since Wrestlemania XIX.

By the way, I have been watching the ECW DVD too much recently.

I'm picturing ECW using this as a PPV name back when they were around, and Joey Styles making mention of the date and such for it.