TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benoit4hor

Chris Masters

Masters is pretty green at this point... he is passable talking at this point but only that. He's also not really tall, only about 6'4"ish.

He's okay in a tag team but he's not ready to be a singles guy.

OVW's tag team scene is way better that WWE's at this point (and probably TNA's), but they never have called anyone up as a team from there except the Bashams who were 100s of times better in OVW where they were allowed to wrestle and talk.

Cornette's frankly quite brilliant at putting the right two guys together who compliment each other and mask each other's weaknesses in a tag team.

*Points to earlier in thread where he made comments about WWE's lack of attention to OVW tag teams.*

Seriously, the lack of tag teams is killing things just as bad as these forced, bland newcomers are. Sometimes (re: Bashams on SD!) they're one and the same. Masters and Albright should have been called up together. They went from being Johnny Ace's "Troubleshooters" in the Team Players stable, to a split so that one can come on RAW and rub his abs. Oooooh.

Same with Melina Perez. Nevermind that she's the ultimate bitch (character wise) in OVW, and she, Joey Matthews and Johnny Nitro are more over than anyone expected them to be. Nitro has been off TV long enough where he can come up repackaged, and if Matthews isn't under a deal (last I knew he was in OVW on his own accord to be close to real life g/f Alexis Laree), sign him up if he's doing so well. Instead, we get Jesus rushed up to SD! after one OVW match, or some such nonsense.

They want to expand developmental, yet can't even maintain what they have going on there now. Cornette himself has just sat back and shrugged at the horrible misuse of talent, or calling the wrong guys up at the wrong time.

Whats his gimiock even supposed to be? From the viginette on RAW< he looked like some kind of homosexual body builder.

He's apparently supposed to be a "Masterpiece" because he's chisled and all that shit. In other words, it's Narcissist version 3.0.

That would make him a homosexual bodybuilder.

I WANT YOUR BOD

That would make him a homosexual bodybuilder.

Narcissism often is an expression of repressed homosexuality. Hell, look at HHH...

...and remember that HE SCREWED CHYNA.

Well after seeing pics of Chyna's man in the boat, I would say she screwed him.

Haven't they tried this gimmick enough to realize it doesn't work?

Kinda hard to make it work when you're stuck on Velocity.

Good thing he's not on Smackdown.

Imagine the "fun" John Cena would have with his name.

BBQ jokes?

Or masturbation.

Or masturbation with BBQ sauce.

Guest CronoT
So we have a guy who's gimmick -what makes him "unique"- is that he is muscular.  You know what?  What gets someone over is their uniqueness.  Austin was different at the time he got over.  The norm today is a well-defined body -someone who looks like a bodybuilder- and what's different is someone who doesn't look like that.

Although not quite the same, given his appearance, Snitsky is a good example of your "different leads to over" argument.

He started to get over given the most absurd gimmick of the year (i.e. the poor man's abortionist) simply because he was someone completely different.

Snitsky got over in roughly the same way Steve Austin did. They gave him a ball, and he ran with it. They need to have him branch out, though. The Snitsky/Kane fued can only last for so long until the whole thing gets more stale than Test/Steiner.

I think a good fued for Snitsky would be against William Regal. Regal is a veteran in the ring, which would help hide Snitsky's green-ness in the ring. Besides, I think it would do Snitsky's character a lot of good being in a fued with Regal, win or lose. As for how Regal and Snitsky get into a fued together, it's simple. Snitsky has been heavily booked as a bully. So, have him start smacking around Eugene when he gets back. That would drag Regal into it.

WWE really needs to start calling up OVW tag-teams instead of individual wrestlers. The tag division is scary right now. If I see Hurricane and Rosey face La Resistance one more time I'm going to go crazy.

Don't watch Sunday Night Heat the night of the Rumble then!

Guest Phenom
Are there any stats for this guy?

21 years old, 6'5, 270, Santa Monica, CA.

Is Chris Masters his real name?

Guest netslob
Are there any stats for this guy?

21 years old, 6'5, 270, Santa Monica, CA.

Is Chris Masters his real name?

i think his real name Chris Mordetsky, but don't quote me on that.

If Masters can act and come off half as much of a ripped up badass like Batista then he has a shot at not sinking immediately. The guy has a freakish look to him, like John Cena. If 6'4" is his legit height then Vince is going to have a field day with protecting this guy. Vince will probably go all out for this guy if he can conduct himself with at least half of the poise that Batista has in front of the camera.

This guy will never be like the next Lex Luger because he was supposed to be the rival promotion's big heir to the body builder wrestling throne that Hogan held, who also happened to be one of the most famous wrestler's in the industry's history. That can't ever be duplicated. Masters will have no one elses success, like Hogan's, to try and piggy back off on like Luger and WCW tried to.

Did this angle even work for Lex Luger???

I don't remember anyone really caring about Luger until he became THE AMERICAN HERO and "bodyslammed" Yokozuna.

If Luger, a man with the only ability pocessed was to pose, couldn't make it happen then what is to believe anyone can?