TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Meltzer on JBL's Wrestlemania opponent

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

I wouldn't mind seeing The Rock around again, but what's the point? He has Be Cool out in March (He'll probably be a part of the heavy promotion it should get), he's filming Doom now, and he has at least 3 other movies in pre-production.

He'll somewhat help the ratings, leave again, then what?

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I would rather JBL as champ, more than Cena or Rock right now.

Guest LooneyTune

JBL for Champion for LIFE~! JBL vs. Vibrator is more interesting than JBL vs. Cena.

Why would Rock fight for the title? That makes about no sense.

Whatever. I'm surprised they don't want Angle/Taker for the title. Whatever happened to that?

Meltzer says he still thinks Angle/Taker will happen, but not for the belt. He said tonight he still hasn't heard anything to make him believe they'll do Angle vs. HBK.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Oh, I'll give you five, count 'em, FIVE reasons it makes sense.

1. It's WWE.

2. He could win the Rumble, and pick to go for JBL's title.

3. It's WWE.

4. He has to get revenge on JBL for turning his back on former Nation Of Domination member...Faarooq!

5. It's WWE.

Guest LooneyTune

I can think of 2 more reasons...

6. They can book whatever the hell they want, so his excuse could be "JBL murdered his mothers dog".

7. It's WWE.

That's fucking gay, I'd rather have Cena / JBL for the WWE title. Let Rock come back and fight HBK or tag team with Hogan.

Whatever. I'm surprised they don't want Angle/Taker for the title. Whatever happened to that?

Angle became Big Show's bitch and neither has won the title yet. Angle's health for the cancellation? I dunno.

(chants quietly) Hulk Ho-gan... Hulk Ho-gan... make it happen WWE.

Why?

So he can take a payoff from wrestlers who actually work a full schedule and don't quit the minute they might possibly be in the midcard?

Fuck Hogan- keep him away from WWE

Did he say anything about any other matches?

No, not really. He said that he thinks the WWE might put the title on Cena at Wrestlemania if Rock doesn't do the match, or right afterwards if Rock does do the match. Other than that, not much was said.

Guest LooneyTune

If Rocky is allowed to magically show up for Wrestlemania, why not Hogan? At least odds are Hogan will hang around longer than 3 weeks.

It will probably have something to do with Smackdown being "Rock's" show and he wants to save it from Bradshaw shit title reign. Although if they had the match I'm pretty sure Bradshaw would win, so then we could all get our dream of a YEAR LONG BRADSHAW WWE TITLE REIGN~!

Guest Trivia247

Because in Vince's Mind you simply aren't a Main eventer maystay a World Heavyweight title holder until he can Fly the Rock in so he can Job to him.

Justin hawk has come a long way now he'll be making Rock his Bitch.....

Visions of Oz flash through the mind

Stupid, but it's better than Rock/Orton, IMO. At least the promos would definitely be hilarious, and maybe Rock and JBL would work well together.

It will probably have something to do with Smackdown being "Rock's" show and he wants to save it from Bradshaw shit title reign. Although if they had the match I'm pretty sure Bradshaw would win, so then we could all get our dream of a YEAR LONG BRADSHAW WWE TITLE REIGN~!

Oh man...it has almost been a year.

How come we don't get the full WOL report anymore?

Because (according to Loss) Hunter's Torn Quad was tired of dealing w/ Jason (he of the Hitler thread).

Hopefully HTQ comes back, since he's 1 of the best "new" posters we've had.

If Rocky is allowed to magically show up for Wrestlemania, why not Hogan? At least odds are Hogan will hang around longer than 3 weeks.

Because Rock doesn't whine about his main event payouts, doesn't walk out when he's bumped to the midcard.

Rock also continues to make money for the company with his movies and has been a great ambassador for the company.

Guest LooneyTune

Nice logic... someone is allowed to show up for 2-3 weeks, have a high caliber match on WM, then leave, because he makes sure to mention "WWE" 56096849 times in every interview he does about his next B-movie.

Nice logic... someone is allowed to show up for 2-3 weeks, have a high caliber match on WM, then leave, because he makes sure to mention "WWE" 56096849 times in every interview he does about his next B-movie

Actually it is nice logic- thanks.

Rock is always willing to put a segment or someone over- wrestled in the 4th match at Wrestlemania!

And he makes money for Vince with his movies and whether you like or not- is a positive boost for WWE's PI.

And if Rock's movies are 'B' movies- then why have his last two movies made between 40-50 million?

His movies hade made more then Hogan's movies and they don't go straight to video

How come we don't get the full WOL report anymore?

Because (according to Loss) Hunter's Torn Quad was tired of dealing w/ Jason (he of the Hitler thread).

Hopefully HTQ comes back, since he's 1 of the best "new" posters we've had.

Ohh okay.

Looney is up there too.