TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigm350

Will WWE change the design

Guest bigm350

I was wondering if you guys think that the WWE will ever change away from the WCW design of the World title on Raw? Do you think they should, or does it continue the tradition and legacy of WCW by having that belt as the featured main title(probably moreso than the WWE title) by having it on their flagship show?

I was wondering if you guys think that the WWE will ever change away from the WCW design of the World title on Raw? Do you think they should, or does it continue the tradition and legacy of WCW by having that belt as the featured main title(probably moreso than the WWE title) by having it on their flagship show?

They already changed the design, sorta.

They added a WWE logo on the top of the belt, whereas the classic version didn't have that.

I hope not. I have no allegience to the belt itself, but its just that they've changed their belts some many times in the last several years. They need to let the same designs stay for a while.

The Raw belt will stay as it is, unless it's something Vince really wants to change. Hunter is a big NWA fan, and the big gold belt is what, to a lot of people, represents the NWA, so Hunter isn't about to let that get cast aside, unless it's something that Vince wants to make happen.

As for whether it continues the tradition or legacy of WCW, I think WWE as a whole is doing a great job of that itself. Unfortunately, they're continuing most of the bad traditions of WCW.

Guest bigm350
The Raw belt will stay as it is, unless it's something Vince really wants to change. Hunter is a big NWA fan, and the big gold belt is what, to a lot of people, represents the NWA, so Hunter isn't about to let that get cast aside, unless it's something that Vince wants to make happen.

As for whether it continues the tradition or legacy of WCW, I think WWE as a whole is doing a great job of that itself. Unfortunately, they're continuing most of the bad traditions of WCW.

That's what I was thinking, I know HHH is a huge NWA mark, so he can pretend to be Ric Flair, with his WWE-ized version of the Big Gold.

I don't think they'll change it, but you just never know.

The belt I'd like to see them change is the WWE title on Smackdown. I've never liked that belt. I'd mark out like a mad person if they'd bring back the Winged Eagle belt. That was THE best belt that WWE has ever used . . . that, and the old 1985-1998 Intercontinental Belt.

I don't think they'll bring back the winged WWF Title belt, at least not on Smackdown, because I think in the eyes of most WWE/F fans it means more than the NWA gold belt, and you know something that is seen as above the Raw belt isn't going to be allowed to happen.

I don't think they'll bring back the winged WWF Title belt, at least not on Smackdown, because I think in the eyes of most WWE/F fans it means more than the NWA gold belt, and you know something that is seen as above the Raw belt isn't going to be allowed to happen.

Good point, hadn't thought about it that way.

But it's still OK to dream, right? :headbang:

Guest bigm350

HHH never held the WWF Winged Eagle belt, so that will NEVER appear in today's WWE.

Plus, HHH's title belt replica is the one that athletes have been parading around with whenever they win the championship (some of the Eagles had them last night) - that probably feeds his ego.

Guest bigm350
Plus, HHH's title belt replica is the one that athletes have been parading around with whenever they win the championship (some of the Eagles had them last night) - that probably feeds his ego.

Got pics?

Got pics?

I remember some basketball player a month or so ago brought replica Big Gold Belts for all his teammates, and they paraded around with them. It was on the sports sections of the news.

Guest bigm350

Which version of the Big Gold belt do you guys prefer? The current one or the NWA classic version?

I would like to see a return of the Attitude-era winged eagle title. I felt when the title became disupted again in the Summer of 02, they should have discontinued the use of the current Smackdown title since it represented an "Undisputed Champion", and sent the Attitude-era World title to Smackdown with Brock and kept the WCW title on RAW (well, at least they did that for RAW). I would like to see an eventual redesign of the RAW title, but I like the big gold for right now.

I dont have a preference to either version fo the Big Gold since the only real difference as far as I can tell is one has the WWE logo and the other doesnt.

Guest bigm350

Got pics?

I remember some basketball player a month or so ago brought replica Big Gold Belts for all his teammates, and they paraded around with them. It was on the sports sections of the news.

It was the Pistons.

Hell yes the Attitude Era WWF Championship belt was the best design ever.

I hate the new WWE one, it looks like a glorified Tag Team title. That title doesn't mean shit in my eyes.

And I hope they never change the RAW title.

That's what I was thinking, I know HHH is a huge NWA mark, so he can pretend to be Ric Flair, with his WWE-ized version of the Big Gold.

And of course Flair and Race were two of Hunter's biggest wrestling icons and he came from WCW first so its funny how HHH makes Vince show importance to where his roots came from because if you know Vince was truly Vince, no way in Hell would the WCW title have been the main event of WM 20.

Raw - Big Gold Belt (WWE Version)

Smackdown - Winged Eagle design

Use those two belts and we'd be in business. Can't really go wrong by using two of the most recognizable pro-wrestling belts of all time. I can't even picture what the current Smackdown championship belt looks like right now. It's that forgettable.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Man some people read WAY too deeply into HHH's influence in WWE.

"Well, HHH never had the winged WWF title so it'll never come back."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Can each title be named as well? So JBL is the World Wrestling Entertainment Champion and HHH is the World Heavyweight Champion. Makes no sense. This is why they need to have actual brand names rather than Raw and Smackdown. Couldn't JBL be the World Wide Wrestling Federation champion and HHH be the World Championship Wrestling Champion?

Can somebody explain to me why it's called the "Winged Eagle Belt"?

- Have you ever seen an eagle WITHOUT wings, let alone on a wrestling belt?

- Do you realize the current Smackdown title has an eagle spreading its wings too?

Can somebody explain to me why it's called the "Winged Eagle Belt"?

- Have you ever seen an eagle WITHOUT wings, let alone on a wrestling belt?

- Do you realize the current Smackdown title has an eagle spreading its wings too?

Cause "The Winged Eagle Belt" sounds cooler then "The Eagle Belt"

Guest Sturgis

I liked 80's version of the NWA belt better. It was all shinny and it sprakled, and those rubys on the edges weren't as noticeable as they are now.

I'd have Cena bring back the Winged Eagle belt if he ever wins the WWE Championship, since he has all those retro shirts. Just please don't make it spin.

Wow that makes perfect sence.....It will never happen.

Guest Trivia247

Well Gee I hope they make the Belt have neon flashing lights, and the Design of the belt itself is a three dimensional prism with Hot pink strap.... that seems as valid as a belt as Cena's Damn Rim US title.

At least Austin's smoking skull belt looked like a world title. Cena's belt looks like a Spinning hubcap with a strap