TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Smackdown NOT to be Cancelled

This sucks. I know Smackdown isn;t the greatest thing out there, but for someone like me who doesn't have cable or anything, this is the only professional wrestling I get to watch on a regular basis. I hope they change they mind, or maybe another broadcast station will pick them up.

Why don't you have cable?

Guest Phenom
"The network is also keeping African-American programming as a key part of its goals."

!

If they want SmackDown! on UPN in 2007, they will make Booker T champion.

This sucks. I know Smackdown isn;t the greatest thing out there, but for someone like me who doesn't have cable or anything, this is the only professional wrestling I get to watch on a regular basis. I hope they change they mind, or maybe another broadcast station will pick them up.

Well..in the literal sense, Cable isn't available to everyone..but he could get Satelite TV, but maybe he doesn't want to spend $50+ a month on it.

Ouch... though SD! has seen better days, they only have to look at NBC to see what happens when your top show goes away. NBC may end up last of the four major networks simply because "Friends" is gone and they haven't filled the void, and UPN seems to be doing the same, since few of their other programs have survived as long as SD! (or so I think).

Well..in the literal sense, Cable isn't available to everyone..but he could get Satelite TV, but maybe he doesn't want to spend $50+ a month on it.

DirecTV is $42.99 for one receiver with local channels.

"The network is also keeping African-American programming as a key part of its goals."

!

Where'd you guys get 2007 from?

Meltzer has posted a special update at the WON site... It's a one-sentence update saying that Smackdown has NOT been cancelled.

UPN can go to hell. When Smackdown first came on the air that network had absolutely NOTHING and looked like it was going to be history within a couple of years. Smackdown absolutely SAVED UPN and this is the type of thanks it gets.

So now UPN feels like it's too good for Smackdown, that cracks me up. I hope UPN sinks.

Meltzer has posted a special update at the WON site... It's a one-sentence update saying that Smackdown has NOT been cancelled.

There was something on the Wrestlingclassics board where Meltzer said he was skeptical because he hadn't heard anyone else reporting this story at all.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

!

John Cena is more likely.

Best of both worlds!

Orlando Jordon is the way to go.

^Dude, I totally hear Cornette's voice in my head when I read your posts.^

If he asks for bananas,just say you don't have any

^Wow...Meltz sure did an elaborate job explaining why he thought this/where he got the information.^

DirecTV is $42.99 for one receiver with local channels.

Directv price increase info

Until March 1rst when all the packages go up $3.

But thats another story.

The $42.99 that I cited already INCLUDES the upcoming rate hike.

Guest Phenom

Can we expect this every time Cornette is mentioned?

yes.jpg

Can we expect this every time Cornette is mentioned?

Maybe...Maybe not. Actually, not

Meltzer just updated his story and he flat out says all of it is bullshit.

[email protected]

Smackdown hasn't been canceled. Reports that any decisions have been made that it won't be renewed when the current contract expires are false.

Looks like Mr. Dave Meltzer just turned Scherer & the crew at PWInsider into PWNEDInsider.

I bet in a few minutes, they go the 1W route and add a "?" to the end of the headline.

Meltzer updated AGAIN.

[email protected]

Smackdown hasn't been canceled. Both UPN and WWE sources have said any decisions have been made that it won't be renewed when the current contract expires are false. This "story" was one reporter a week ago misinterpreting something. The story, which would have been heavily reported within the TV industry if true and well known immediately within wrestling circles, was from from several days ago, passed along on the net over the past two days, nearly a week after it was originally published. It was then repeated without being checked.

I love how Meltzer added on, "It was then repeated without being checked" just to stick it to PWInsider.

I wonder how much of an idiot Mike Johnson feels like right now.

Guest Hass of Pain

It's really a shame this didn't turn out to be true, Smackdown needs a facelift and a new home badly. Leave it to The Meltz to once again rescue the internet from another frenzy as the result of false rumors. It just goes to show that Wade Keller really is a tool when he wrote some smarmy, apocolyptic column earlier today lambasting UPN for cancelling Smackdown and then basically retracted the story when Dave Meltzer updated with his version. Second class citizens at the Torch as usual...

I smell bullshit on Meltzer.

All he does is call up the companies involved and ask if they can deny the rumor. And they will, until they announce it publically, which is how companies work.

I think it's a lot less unlikely that a reporter interviewing the President of CBS Networks took a comment out of context, than it is that some wrestling dirtsheet called up the front desk and said "Hey, is this true?" and is wont for companies, they said it's not.

Tivo said their deal with Netflix was bullshit, too. And then weeks later they announced it. =b

I think this once again enforces the age-old fact: If Meltzer hasn't comfirmed it, don't believe it.

Unless he's talking about a Ladder Match.

All he does is call up the companies involved and ask if they can deny the rumor. And they will, until they announce it publically, which is how companies work.

I think it's a lot less unlikely that a reporter interviewing the President of CBS Networks took a comment out of context, than it is that some wrestling dirtsheet called up the front desk and said "Hey, is this true?" and is wont for companies, they said it's not.

Tivo said their deal with Netflix was bullshit, too. And then weeks later they announced it. =b

I think Meltzer is right on this one. The Oakland Tribune reporter got her quotes from the Television Critics Association gathering last week where there were a lot of other reporters present. In order to believe her story, one would have to believe that she was the only one out of that whole room of reporters listening when Moonves supposedly announced the Smackdown "cancellation".

I think Meltzer is right on this one. The Oakland Tribune reporter got her quotes from the Television Critics Association gathering last week where there were a lot of other reporters present. In order to believe her story, one would have to believe that she was the only one out of that whole room of reporters listening when Moonves supposedly announced the Smackdown "cancellation".

Not to mention the "reporter" kept calling it "World Wrestling Federation."

Guest Loss

This will go down as the best thing to happen to WWE in quite some time, honestly. They need a wake-up call in the worst way that they can't just continue churning out whatever they're comfortable putting on TV and expect the networks to deal with sinking ratings and lost interest forever. I'm happy about this, because it means WWE is going to have to rethink their entire creative approach. Their backs are against the wall, and that sense of urgency hasn't been with anyone in WWE for a long while.