TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Another piece of ECW is taken by WWE

Guest Trivia247

Credit: PWInsider.com & Slashtones.com

Harry Slash, who created many of the original songs for Extreme Championship Wrestling, has announced that WWE has purchased the ECW music library.

On his website, Slashtones.cOm, Harry Grivas, otherwise known as Harry Slash, released the following statement:

"Harry Slash is pleased to announce that WWE has purchased our catalog of music used by ECW for WWE's future use in connection with WWE's library of ECW video footage."

According to the Entertainment Law Digest, Grivas and Roderick Kohn, his partner, filed a lawsuit in June 2003 against WWE for using ECW music that they created on WWE programming and DVDs without consent or payment. When reached for comments on this, Grivas told PWInsider.com, "All issues have been amicably resolved by both sides."

With an ECW PPV on the horizion, WWE now has one more piece to make this ECW PPV very nostalgic.

Guest Loss

Hmmm, they played that music during the inVasion all the time. I wonder why they had to "purchase" it now.

Hmmm, they played that music during the inVasion all the time. I wonder why they had to "purchase" it now.

Maybe they were just using it with special permission at the time.

That explains why they didnt use it on the ECW dvd

anyhow how many original songs did they even have?

they put out 2 cds.

wait maybe they can use RVDS theme now on future releases (his walk remake from their first cd-which he used from mid98-2001)

or not

Guest Basswitch

woah, ive been outa this wrestling loop for a while.

Theres an ecw ppv?

details or a link por favor

It's just music that Harry Slash made, such as the ECW theme, Tajiri's music, and Sabu's music.

Harry Slash gave them a temporary allowance to use the music during the Invasion, but sued them when they started using it again after they bought the ECW tape library.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Joey Styles would be the biggest bitch ever if he signed up to do this PPV, given the amount of stick he has given WWE and all the lawsuit threats over using his voice in ECW footage. Unless he gets paid loads, that is.

Guest Trivia247

would be rather sad is that the only involvement

Tazz and Heyman may have would be to Commentate..

Heyman should brainchild the event and Tazz should Come out of retirement for the night and just RIP that one fucking Z off and Become the Taz of old, the man who would have taken Austin's belt and Shoved it up his ass, after he Dragon suplexed him through a Nearby Table

Heyman should brainchild the event and Tazz should Come out of retirement for the night and just RIP that one fucking Z off and Become the Taz of old, the man who would have taken Austin's belt and Shoved it up his ass, after he Dragon suplexed him through a Nearby Table

Only if Taz trained for the PPV. I don't want a commentator wrestling on the PPV, even if he was an ECW big name wrestler.

Guest jumpingbombangel
I got the very first CD and my favorite song on it is Sabu's. Inside the cover it says there would be a 2nd CD but I never saw it.

Huka Blues is a great, great theme song. It fits Sabu well. :)

Only if Taz trained for the PPV. I don't want a commentator wrestling on the PPV, even if he was an ECW big name wrestler.

Tazz isn't going to be doing any wrestling. He's got a bum neck.

Joey Styles would be the biggest bitch ever if he signed up to do this PPV, given the amount of stick he has given WWE and all the lawsuit threats over using his voice in ECW footage. Unless he gets paid loads, that is.

Styles already said he has given it a lot of thought, and he will commentate the show if they want him to. He said this on 1wrestling a month or so ago.

wait maybe they can use RVDS theme now on future releases (his walk remake from their first cd-which he used from mid98-2001)

They should use it when he returns from his knee rehab.

Anyone have a copy of "Awesomebomb" they can post? I can never find it. Awesome's World Title run song. Not "The Zoo".

It was released as part of a special 4-song ECW CD on the net in 2000.

I got it. I also got a rock version of Natural Born Killer.... Holy crap that was different.

I got the very first CD and my favorite song on it is Sabu's. Inside the cover it says there would be a 2nd CD but I never saw it.

The second CD is called Anarchy Rocks. It came out in the summer of 2000, I believe, and is only worth owning for the opening monologue by Joey Styles, and the novelty of a rock band covering Ice Cube and Dr. Dre's "Natural Born Killaz" (New Jack's theme). Sadly, it has Linkin Park on it, thus making it NOT a good summary of what ECW was all about...especially considering I don't remember anybody in ECW ever using Linkin Park, even the jobbers towards the end of the company's existence. Supposedly, "One Step Closer" was Nova's theme, but to my knowledge, Nova used "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys and then switched to "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)" by Quiet Riot during the last 2 or 3 months of ECW.

Re: RVD's "Walk" cover

Ain't happening. The rights to the song belong to Elektra Records and Rex, Phil, and Vinnie Paul (RIP Dime). The cover of "Walk" RVD used towards the end was by the hard rock group Kilgore, and they only got permission to release it for the first ECW disc, I do believe. Besides, "One of a Kind" is fine enough for Van Dam (though I did prefer the slower version he used prior to "One of a Kind," the one that's in the SD games).

Actually the 2nd cd had some decent music on it, a lot of it was bands I've never had really heard of until I picked up the cd. Basically only a few of the wrestlers like Spike, New Jack, and the Sinister Minister had their actual songs on there, just done by different bands. Jerry Lynn didn't use "El Cu Coy" by Coal Chamber, Rhyno didn't use Rob Zombie's techno remix of "Superbeast", and Nova didn't use Linkin Park and I know for damn well Steve Corino didn't have Disturb as his song. Basically the 2nd cd didn't have any songs created by Harry Slash to my knowledge it was just 13 or 14 songs covered by different bands or ones from Rob Zombie and Linkin Park....why the Linkin Park was on there, I have no idea. The WWE could use RVD's "Walk" theme since it was covered by a different band on the first ECW album, but thats if Slash bought the rights to the song and sold them to the WWE.