TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

More info on the ECW ppv

Guest Trivia247

Credit: PWInsider.com

The word going around certain circles within WWE is that the company is heavily looking at the possibility of signing some recognized former ECW wrestlers to work their scheduled June ECW pay-per view.

Another thing to think about is the Rob Van Dam factor. His knee injury, according to himself, could keep him out anywhere from four to twelve months, which means he might not be able to wrestle on the show.

There is also a rumor going around that Paul Heyman would return to the announce booth to call the PPV with Tazz, although unconfirmed, that's a strong possibility.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is what I thought would happen. Though I would still think that Vince could at least let Paul handle the booking of this PPV and whatever events that were going to happen leading up to it. Alot of ECW names have a distaste for Heyman, but if they can see past him to the WWE that would actually be signing the paychecks for this Event or whatever else they would like for them, perhaps they can set the blood feuds aside for one or more nights

No RVD = gay.

He could always do a surprise appearance and run-in on an open challenge for like a 5-minute squash over Spike Dudley or something.

But if he was healthy, this show could have seriously relaunched his career.

Doesn't Paul owe RVD a lot of money? So, in a way, it makes sense for him not to wrestle. We need this PPV to be as authentic as possible. Oh and there better not be any money for any kind of sets or video screens. Watch the WWE mess this up.

Doesn't Paul owe RVD a lot of money? So, in a way, it makes sense for him not to wrestle. We need this PPV to be as authentic as possible. Oh and there better not be any money for any kind of sets or video screens. Watch the WWE mess this up.

No. The only way RVD agreed to appear at ECW Guilty As Charged 2001 was if Heyman paid him everything he was owed, and he did. Hence, RVD showed up and wrestled Jerry Lynn.

And Paul Heyman & Tazz would be doing commentary? Fuck that. Bring back Joey Styles or I don't give a shit.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton will main event the show.

And it won't be any ordinary match.

Nope, it will be a No DQ match.

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!

HHH vs HBK vs Steve Corino in a bloody street fight should be the main event or Undertaker & Batista vs Brian Lee & 911 in a flaming tables match.

No. The only way RVD agreed to appear at ECW Guilty As Charged 2001 was if Heyman paid him everything he was owed, and he did. Hence, RVD showed up and wrestled Jerry Lynn.

And Paul Heyman & Tazz would be doing commentary? Fuck that. Bring back Joey Styles or I don't give a shit.

That'd be a very bizarre announce job.

I think both men are good at color, but one of them would have to do play-by-play, and I just don't see either of them up to it.

Guest Quik

Triple H should face New Jack in a death match.

My God. Could you imagine? Seven fucking stars, easy.

Guest jumpingbombangel

For real. I hope they keep it low budget. ECW wouldn't look right with sleek production values.

It should be New Jack vs Maven vs Bob Holly in a cage death match.

Geez man, Maven doesn't deserve to die.

If Orton can get over by falling on some thumbtacks then Maven should do the same and more like a staple gun to the head or keyboard to the face.

So if this is in June, are they still trying to do the Bad Blood & Great American Bash still too? Will the WWE try having 3 PPV in one month?

According to the PPV schedule, Bad Blood was replaced by "TBA".

RVD agreed to appear at GAC if Paul paid him for the match in advance, which is what happened. RVD was still owed a lot of money after GAC, and, if he hasn't been paid it back between then and now, which I don't think he has, he is owed around $150,000.

Guest sideofpoetry
Hopefully WWE goes through with that extreme No Count Outs match that Christian teased us with last fall.

Dear God NO! Oh, the humanity! Has the WWE no standards?!

Before Unforgiven, Christian suggested the stipulation for their match be a No Count Outs match.

Also of note, Stephanie vs Sable from Vengeance 03 was fought under the fabled No Count Outs stip.

Maybe not but I'm sure it would start a "He's Hard-core, he's hard-core" chant from the crowd :)

Guest Phenom
So if this is in June, are they still trying to do the Bad Blood & Great American Bash still too? Will the WWE try having 3 PPV in one month?

That TBA is ECW ONO.

Nice av, BTW.

That TBA is ECW ONO.

Nice av, BTW.

2 many abbrev.

That TBA is ECW ONO.

Nice av, BTW.

2 many abbrev.

PotD lol

Maybe not but I'm sure it would start a "He's Hard-core, he's hard-core" chant from the crowd :)

The chants would be "You Fucked Up" or "Holy Shit".

Without the whole F'n show, it wouldn't be as good of a show IMO.

Honestly I don't see how it can work without RVD. He gets injured at really bad times. But maybe he will be there. It said he would be out for 4-12 months. June is 4 months away. There's a chance, right?

Does anyone know how long he was out for his first injury?