TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JebusNassedar

Missouri Kills Professional Wrestling

Guest JebusNassedar
(2/10/05) - (American Pro-Wrestling) A good friend to the radio show, former wrestler Matt Murphy, reports that the Missouri State Athletic Comission has recently passed legislation, House Bill 600 in their state. In short, it requires pro-wrestlers to have paid state income taxes, and also are required to file state tax income returns for the last three years.

In short, guess who this hurts? Professional wrestling. Check out Missouri's HB 600 suspended list and look at some of the names who can't work in the state. Kurt Angle, Dave Batista, Shelton Benjamin, Carlos Colon Jr., David Cash (Nashville - TNA?), Adam Copeland (Edge), Lance Storm (Lance Evers), Ric Flair, Jackie Gayda, Charlie Haas, Ron & Don Harris (TNA), Jon Heidenreich (insert your own punchline), Paul Heyman, Shawn Michaels (Michael Hickenbottom), Booker T, Chris Irvine (Chris Jericho), Ron "The Truth" Killings, Johnny Ace, Brian Christopher & Jerry Lawler, Rena Mero, Jay Reso (Christian), Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, Charles "Little Naitch" Robinson, Ron Simmons, Tracy Smothers, Jimmy Valiant, and Torrie Wilson.

This is going to become a big problem for WWE shortly.

Source - PuroresuPower

Bill: http://pr.mo.gov/hb600.asp

List: http://pr.mo.gov/boards/athletics/HB600SuspensionList.pdf

Guest The Shadow Behind You

How did Triple H avoid getting on that list? Jimmy Valient made it though...god bless his 90 year old ass.

Guest LooneyTune

Better question: How did Rena Mero (she still has Marc Meros name?) make the list? She doesn't even work period unless WWE comes-a-calling again (which will likely be never). But, in wrestling, never say never. (goes into the song from American Tail)

LOL

I'm sure Harley Race, etc. will push for this to be overturned, especially in a state with such wrestling history (the Missouri State Title was the steppingstone to the NWA Title for many years).

Guest TroughOfMantaur

Great, so this kills any more shows at Kemper Arena, the only place within driving range that holds RAWs, Smackdowns, and PPVs.

Also: Rey Misterio (Oscar Gutierrez), Arn Anderson (Martin Lunde), Victoria (Moreno), Shannon Moore, Fit Finlay, Kidman (Pete Grunner).

The WWE Victoria's real name is Lisa Marie Varon, so she's not suspended. The suspended Victoria is an indy wrestler.

Once again: why the fuck are all those people suspended from wrestling in that state? I didn't know you could really do that, I thought it was just ECW's old gimmick for Sabu.

Also: Rey Misterio (Oscar Gutierrez), Arn Anderson (Martin Lunde), Victoria (Moreno), Shannon Moore, Fit Finlay, Kidman (Pete Grunner).

The WWE Victoria's real name is Lisa Marie Varon, so she's not suspended. The suspended Victoria is an indy wrestler.

Crap, I knew that, too.

<<Great, so this kills any more shows at Kemper Arena, the only place within driving range that holds RAWs, Smackdowns, and PPVs.>>

Isn't everything within driving range as long as it's on the continent?

Yeah, I have been to Kemper a few times, but I have decided to never see wrestling live again.

Well this absolutely sucks. I live in the KC area now, so I could go to a show in Kansas, but next year when I move to Columbia, I guess can expect to not get to any shows.

St. Louis was the closest place (excluding the rare Peoria, IL, show) to my hometown of Springfield, Illinois, that had TV tapings. Good thing I live in California now.

This really sucks for my guys in New Midwest Wrestling, however. They often traveled to work for various promotions in East Missouri, such as MPW. Also, considering St. Louis is one of the greatest wrestling cities of all time, this is some major bullshit.

From the latest WO.com update:

--The story going around that most of the WWE crew is now suspended in Missouri regarding paying state income tax is correct, but it's in the big picture, a minor deal, that is considered more red tape than anything. WWE is aware of it, is in the process of cutting through the red tape, and this has no effect on running future events in the state or talent appearing on the shows

Nothing to worry about it seems, with PP's claims of it soon to be a "big problem" looking groundless.

Guest Just Looking

If it does turn out to be a bigger problem than anticipated, they could do a HHH vs. Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero ironman match. I know they won't, but how cool would that be?

Actually guys, I'm an insurance agent now as you know. The state of Missouri claimed that I didn't pay my resident income tax for 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003 even though I've never lived, worked or been there before. I wasn't the only agent who received this notice and shortly after had their license suspended. It's a red tape deal and we're dealing with it and it's a very simple process.

It sounds like the same problem with their licenses, so this really isn't anything to worry about. It's an error of the state of Missouri's part.

Dames

Maybe WWE can stay out of Missouri for ten years, then, on their first event back, kill wrestling in the state again with a Dusty Finish in the main event. Oh, wait, they did that already.

When was this? Are you talking about a Raw or Smackdown show, or a PPV? Last PPV that I can remember readily that was in St. Louis was No Mercy 2001. S'far as I know, WWE never stayed away from the place, especially not for ten years.

Maybe WWE can stay out of Missouri for ten years, then, on their first event back, kill wrestling in the state again with a Dusty Finish in the main event. Oh, wait, they did that already.

When was this? Are you talking about a Raw or Smackdown show, or a PPV? Last PPV that I can remember readily that was in St. Louis was No Mercy 2001. S'far as I know, WWE never stayed away from the place, especially not for ten years.

I think he's talking about their first show back in Oregon

I think he's talking about their first show back in Oregon

I am indeed. In their first event back in Oregon in 10 years, they headlined with Hunter v Nash, a main event that, at several house shows, fans walked out on before it even began. So, in their first event in Oregon for 10 years, what do they do ? Run a Dusty Finish in the main event, and do a false World Title change. That kind of thing is bad enough as it is, but to do it in your first event in a major market for over a decade is insane.