TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Michael Jackson hospitalized

Severe flu lands Jackson in hospital

Jury selection suspended after defendant falls ill

The Associated Press

Updated: 1:56 p.m. ET Feb. 15, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Michael Jackson was taken to a hospital with the flu Tuesday morning, delaying jury selection for a week in the singer’s child molestation trial

Judge Rodney Melville told prospective jurors that Jackson had the flu and that jury selection would resume Feb. 22. Lawyers were expected back in court later Tuesday to discuss unspecified motions.

The judge said Jackson had been on his way to court but was taken to a hospital emergency room instead. He later told the prospective jurors that Jackson was to be admitted to the hospital.

The judge made the initial announcement 15 minutes after Jackson was scheduled to appear in court at 8:30 a.m.

A call to the Marian Medical Center in Santa Maria, where Jackson was taken, was not immediately returned. Jackson spokeswoman Raymone K. Bain said she was trying to learn more about Jackson’s condition and would comment later.

Outside the medical center, about two miles from court, a growing crowd of about 50 fans and reporters gathered. Police guarded all entrances, stopping anyone who appeared to be with the media, while hospital officials put up white fabric to hide what was going on in the emergency room.

Jackson had not been visibly ill in court Monday, when questioning of prospective jurors got under way and Jackson’s lawyers announced they may call stars including Elizabeth Taylor, Jay Leno, Quincy Jones and Kobe Bryant to the witness stand.

The list of possible witnesses sounded like coming attractions for a major Hollywood spectacle. But Melville said not all of the celebrities would necessarily testify.

Attorneys are selecting 12 jurors and eight alternates who will decide whether Jackson molested a teenage cancer patient at his Neverland Ranch and plied the youth with alcohol.

Names of defense and prosecution witnesses were revealed to prospective jurors Monday so attorneys could find out if any of the more than 240 members of the pool had associations that may be important in jury selection.

Defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. also named two of Jackson’s children, Paris and Prince Michael. Possible prosecution witnesses included Debbie Rowe, their mother.

Other possible witnesses included Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Chris Tucker, former child actor Corey Feldman, Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and younger brother Aaron, CBS correspondent Ed Bradley, CNN’s Larry King, Fox broadcaster Rita Cosby, New Age guru Deepak Chopra, illusionist Uri Geller, illusionist David Blaine, Las Vegas tycoon Steve Wynn and relatives of the late Marlon Brando.

Prosecutors also listed the family of a boy involved in 1993 molestation allegations against Jackson. The judge has not yet ruled whether that incident can be mentioned in the trial. The accuser received a multimillion-dollar settlement and no criminal charges were filed.

Both sides listed former Jackson attorney Mark Geragos, and the defense list included Jackson’s chief prosecutor, District Attorney Tom Sneddon.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6974590/

Despite all of my better judgment, I may have to watch some of this trial, because it looks to be the biggest goddamn circus ever. Cirque de Soleil only wishes it was this big (or homoerotic).

Guest Failed Mascot
Jackson’s lawyers announced they may call stars including Elizabeth Taylor, Jay Leno, Quincy Jones and Kobe Bryant to the witness stand.

That'll help him out

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
Despite all of my better judgment, I may have to watch some of this trial, because it looks to be the biggest goddamn circus ever. Cirque de Soleil only wishes it was this big (or homoerotic).

No cameras allowed

E! will be having actors reinact daily trial happenings

that should be funny as hell. This could be the new trial of the century. well actually it is since OJ was last century. This is either gonna end in Mike weasaling his way out, actually being innocent, or being innocent and going to jail and killing himself. If he goes to jail, he wont survive the first month, he's too mentally unstable.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
Jackson’s lawyers announced they may call stars including Elizabeth Taylor, Jay Leno, Quincy Jones and Kobe Bryant to the witness stand.

That'll help him out

It beats Paul Reubens, Jeffery Jones and N.Kelly or whoever that rapper that got caught was...

That'll help him out

It beats Paul Reubens, Jeffery Jones and N.Kelly or whoever that rapper that got caught was...

I think you mean R. Kelly.

That'll help him out

seriously do people bother to research or even have the slighest clue of simple things like a subjects name. R.Kelly is a damn singer not a rapper, and N is nowhere near an R on the keyboard, so this offense is almost inexcusable considering R.Kelly is a pretty well-known artist.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Oh Please. He said he didn't know who it was. He got pretty close. "inexcusable"? what a joke.

Guest Brian

Or both.

seriously do people bother to research or even have the slighest clue of simple things like a subjects name. R.Kelly is a damn singer not a rapper, and N is nowhere near an R on the keyboard, so this offense is almost inexcusable considering R.Kelly is a pretty well-known artist.

INEXCUSABLE

that should be funny as hell. This could be the new trial of the century. well actually it is since OJ was last century. This is either gonna end in Mike weasaling his way out, actually being innocent, or being innocent and going to jail and killing himself. If he goes to jail, he wont survive the first month, he's too mentally unstable.

No way he does one minute of time. He has waaaay too much money to go to jail.

Despite all of my better judgment, I may have to watch some of this trial, because it looks to be the biggest goddamn circus ever.  Cirque de Soleil only wishes it was this big (or homoerotic).

No cameras allowed

Okay...how many fucking levels is that wrong on?

Guest Vitamin X
Despite all of my better judgment, I may have to watch some of this trial, because it looks to be the biggest goddamn circus ever.  Cirque de Soleil only wishes it was this big (or homoerotic).

No cameras allowed

That'll be entertaining.

Guest MikeSC
Another thing,

He always has that surgical mask thing over his face.

Shouldn't that prevent him getting sick?

I guess the semen of young boys might make one ill after a while.

-=Mike

...No matter what Geraldo thinks, Jackson was diddling them...

Another thing,

He always has that surgical mask thing over his face.

Shouldn't that prevent him getting sick?

I guess the semen of young boys might make one ill after a while.

-=Mike

Mike ain't touch dem kids.

everyone knows that Michael is nuts, and this is a setup. Too convient this kid's parents are just now bringing up charges. If anything they should get worst parent of the year award because under no circumstances would my child ever go over a suspected child molester's house without a SWAT team watching their every move. The real question I have is when do they through Shoe Whuppin' Joe Jackson under the bridge. Seriously MJ has some issues and all directions point to his childhood as the source of them.

[quote=Hood,Feb 17 2005, 12:37 -=Mike

That reminds me-if Michael is found guilty, I can't imagine Geraldo without his mustache.

Guest Loss

The hole-filled testimony of the accuser has probably made Jackson look better, along with the accuser's teacher testifying that the kid told him he made the whole thing up.

Prince looks like a demon in that pic.

How else would you explaine his sex drive?