Guest curry_man2002

question about logo's

Guest curry_man2002

At what event did the wwf stop using this logo

wwfnewg.jpg

And start using this one

WWF%20Logo.jpg

Guest Loss

I'm pretty sure it was the 1998 Royal Rumble, but it may have been the December 1997 DX PPV. Somewhere through there.

at Wrestlemania 14 they used the old one in everything except that they were already using the scratch logo in the corner of the screen.

Between WM and Unforgiven i think is when they changed the turnbuckles to the scratch logo ones and that was the end of the 95-97 logo.

Guest bigm350

That reminds me; when will the WWE change the scratch logo? The Attitude era is dead, and the scratch logo is what the Attitude era embodied. Will they change it soon? And if they do change it, what would you like the new design to look like?

Guest bigm350
Why?

That also would be looking back at a past era. I think a new logo should be something fresh and new, but at the same time, not hideous or horrendous.

at Wrestlemania 14 they used the old one in everything except that they were already using the scratch logo in the corner of the screen.

Between WM and Unforgiven i think is when they changed the turnbuckles to the scratch logo ones and that was the end of the 95-97 logo.

I believe everything was fully changed to the scratch logo by SummerSlam 98.

The first PPV to use the scratch logo in the corner of the screen is Royal Rumble 1998. The first PPV to have the scratch logo on the turnbuckles was Over the Edge 1998.

The other day, I actually saw someone with a WWF sticker on their rear windshield. No, I don't mean World Wrestling Federation. It had a panda on it...World Wildlife Fund. We were on a highway going 60MPH, but if it had been in a parking lot or something, I would have gone "Dude! I watch WWF, too! Did you see Royal Rumble?!"

The other day, I actually saw someone with a WWF sticker on their rear windshield. No, I don't mean World Wrestling Federation. It had a panda on it...World Wildlife Fund. We were on a highway going 60MPH, but if it had been in a parking lot or something, I would have gone "Dude! I watch WWF, too! Did you see Royal Rumble?!"

dude I would have spit on their car from the window lol or yelled, If I see any more logo blurring on a dvd, Im going to strangle a panda

anyhow, youre right about the logo. OTE was the first ppv where everything was changed to the scratch logo.(if you check the foley dvd, you will see the foley/funk raw match still had the old turnbuckles but everything else had the new logo-guess it took longer than expected for the turnbuckle covers to be imported or somethin) At mania 14, even the mania logo had the old wwf logo on it, everything except for the corner of the screen logo and on the ring aprons and mics.

Why?

That also would be looking back at a past era. I think a new logo should be something fresh and new, but at the same time, not hideous or horrendous.

They've had a similar logo for 20+ years.I don't know what else they could change it to that hasn't been done already.

should they update the WW logo or add the E at the end?

I think the "E" should be added in somewhere.....I think some creative guy who is good with graphics could figure something out...

Or just have the "WW" with Entertainment at the bottom of the logo...

I could have sword the scratch logo was used in the corner of the screen at Survivor Series 1997.

On every subsequent airing after they changed the logo in 1998 they've superimposed the scratch logo on the Survivor Series match. But, originally it was the previous WWF logo.

Jason

I believe everything was fully changed to the scratch logo by SummerSlam 98.

I thought everything had been changed by Over The Edge '98?

My question is why they apparently don't have copies of their own footage without the logo on it because if you look at the DVDs that use scratch logo era WWF stuff, the WWE logo is much bigger and thicker, presumably to cover up the WWF. Seems awful silly to me.

My question is why they apparently don't have copies of their own footage without the logo on it because if you look at the DVDs that use scratch logo era WWF stuff, the WWE logo is much bigger and thicker, presumably to cover up the WWF. Seems awful silly to me.

That's always been a mystery to me as well. I used to hate the bigger/thicker one when they first had to start using it.