TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Robot Chicken

Just saw the new Adult Swim show "Robot Chicken" (from writer/creator/producer Seth Green) and all I can say is that it's a fucking riot. Best parts include:

.Optimus Prime reminding us to check for prostate cancer

."I'm George W. Bush and I apporve this message:Tacos Rule!"

. One sided battles caught on tape

.Pokemon talking and squirtle telling the kids to read a book

.Drunk Superman

.Oz

.Rachel Leigh Cook spoofing the drug commercial she did where she destroys shit

.Mr.T as Mulder's replacement

.Teletubbie smoking a joint

.The Human Torch saying "It Burns when I pee!"

It is nothing short of brillient. Is the Optimus Prime Segment didn't make you laugh, then you have no sense of humor brillient

Toonzone hates the show suposidly. Then again, Toonzone loves Inuyasha, so fuck them

If they hate it...then they don't get it. It was perfect.

It's exactly what it's supposed to be. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not trying to tell a story, nor does it have a message. It's just random funny shit.

I hope some of this shit is up for download in the next few days.

Guest El Satanico

I figured I'd like it, but it was alot better than my expectations

Of course, I had no clue what it was or what to expect, so I guess I didn't have expectations.

That show was pretty sweet. I loved the RLC part and the Transformer part had me cracking up.

Looks like Adult Swim has a new winner on their hands.

That show was pretty sweet. I loved the RLC part and the Transformer part had me cracking up.

Looks like Adult Swim has a new winner on their hands.

They've had alot of winners in their hands of of late, IMO:

-Robot Chicken

-Tom Goes to the Mayor

-Super Milk Chan (I'm sorry, but a show with a 5 year old "superhero" brat who calls people dumbass, a dysfunctional family of ants, and an alcoholic slug who's name translates to "Nose Hair" is nothing short of fantastic)

-Ghost in the Shell (Best "serious" anime show I've seen yet)

and new Sealab episodes March 6 (The commercial they had with the gay singing sailors was hilarious)

Sure, some people complain about shows like "Tom Goes to the Mayor", but they're mostly just people who only watch Anime, write shitty fan fiction, have a stereotypical Livejournal, and have no sense of humor. Basocally, they can eat my disck for all I care (sorry for the rant, but people like that really piss me off)

I don't like Ghost in the Shell OR Tom Goes to the Mayor. Tom just doesn't work for me but I see no point cancelling it, just not my cup of tea.

And Sealab is still on my "maybe" list since the show just hasn't felt right without Harry. Not their fault, but lack of Harry and Stormy not being as stupid as he used to be is hurting the show for me.

I don't like Ghost in the Shell OR Tom Goes to the Mayor.

And Sealab is still on my "maybe" list since the show just hasn't felt right without Harry. Not their fault, but lack of Harry and Stormy not being as stupid as he used to be is hurting the show for me.

That's ok with me. At least you have a sense of humor, and aren't like the people I went on a rant about

did you still see the commercial

Oh, I've got seasons 1&2 of Sealab on DVD, and they are gold

I'll complain about "Tom Goes to the Mayor" - it's an absolutely awful show. Not funny, very hard to watch.

I like 95% of the other Adult Swim toons as well, so it's not as if I'm picky or anything.

Guest sek69

I loved Robot Chicken...the part where the "guy in the robot suit" is walking towards a banana peel only to get nailed by a wrecking ball out of nowhere made me crack the fuck up.

Unexpected comedy = gold.

As far as the rest of Adult Swim goes, I still like Sealab but it really does seem like they're trying way too hard to fill the void left by Goz's death. All the rest of the characters have their quirks turned up to 11 it seems.

I thought Tom Goes to the Mayor was stupid the first time I saw it, but I like it now. Definately an acquired taste. Same thing with Milk Chan. The first time I saw it I was all OMG WTF THIS IS TEH SUX, but after a while you start to get into it. Especially the President.

BTW Toonzone tends to be full of elitsts and teen fangirls There's a reason adultswim.com called them a gated community.

Guest JMA

The show was very funny, kudos to Adult Swim. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Seth Green is the co-creator of Robot Chicken. Having Seth MacFarlane voice the reporter at the zoo was also a nice touch.

As for Adult Swim's other shows, I pretty much like all of them as well. The shows that I didn't particularly care for aren't currently being shown.

BTW Toonzone tends to be full of elitsts and teen fangirls There's a reason adultswim.com called them a gated community.

Ah, so that explains why I hate that website so much

Guest sek69

Why does AS keep running Mission Hill? It really doesn't hold up to repeated viewings, and they must have blown through this series a zillion times by now. It's like the comedy block version of Cowboy Bebop.

Also, was I the only one who liked Blue Gender? I must be since I don't think it ever got a second airing, which pisses me off since I wasn't able to see every episode at the time.

This show was great. I really had no idea what to expect with this, so... yeah.

"I'm so hungry"

"Hi, Hungry. Can I call you So?

*fist meets face*

Yeah... good stuff.

I loved Robot Chicken...the part where the "guy in the robot suit" is walking towards a banana peel only to get nailed by a wrecking ball out of nowhere made me crack the fuck up.

The words "wrecking ball" just never seem to come when I need them, as that whole section had me rolling. The show host hanging himself at the end was a perfect closer.

I thought Tom Goes to the Mayor was stupid the first time I saw it, but I like it now. Definately an acquired taste. Same thing with Milk Chan. The first time I saw it I was all OMG WTF THIS IS TEH SUX, but after a while you start to get into it. Especially the President.

I can't get into Milk Chan either.

It's just so entirely nonsensical that it gives me a headache from watching it.

Guest El Satanico

Did anyone notice the chicken on the end credits clucking the mall music from the original Dawn of The Dead?

hilarious

Did anyone notice the chicken on the end credits clucking the mall music from the original Dawn of The Dead?

hilarious

I KNEW I'd heard that before

all those bloopers were hilarious

Guest El Satanico

You just missed the 230 re-airing. They've been showing their new show reruns on Thursdays, so try there.

Why does AS keep running Mission Hill? It really doesn't hold up to repeated viewings, and they must have blown through this series a zillion times by now. It's like the comedy block version of Cowboy Bebop.

Also, was I the only one who liked Blue Gender? I must be since I don't think it ever got a second airing, which pisses me off since I wasn't able to see every episode at the time.

Blue Gender is a great show too...it would be good to see them bring that back for a run on adult swim....Robot Chicken was gold...I had been waiting to see this... I though that it'd be like Twisted Toyfare Theatre but was happy to see that it was different(either way woulda been great)... Drunk Superman ws the favorite last night..that part where he super-burps had me in tears.....

Are they replaying RC soon? I forgot about it.

EDIT: N/M. Thanks DH.

Sure, some people complain about shows like "Tom Goes to the Mayor", but they're mostly just people who only watch Anime, write shitty fan fiction, have a stereotypical Livejournal, and have no sense of humor. Basocally, they can eat my disck for all I care (sorry for the rant, but people like that really piss me off)

No, no, no, and no.

What the fuck is funny about TGTTM again? I've yet to laugh even once.

I love ATHF, Sea Lab is hit-or-miss most of the time (early eps were best); big fan of SMC.

Did drunk Superman tear a hooker in half?

hilarious

Ohhhh, is THAT what that music is? I heard it on extras on the Shaun of the Dead DVD (the plot holes and "Fun Dead") and I was wondering what it was so I could try and find it online.

Robot Chicken was amazing. I've been disappointed with much of adult swim's newer programming but this made up for it.

Guest Evolution

Oh no, I missed it!

Any torrents of it, since I don't want to wait for a repeat?