TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Robot Chicken

What the fuck is funny about TGTTM again? I've yet to laugh even once.

I have to agree. I've tried watching it quite a few times and have found it pretty horrible.

Has anyone seen the episode of "The Screen Savers" that the creator of TGTTM appeared on? That had to be one of the lowest points in that show's history. They were just so unfunny.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

Dammit, I missed Robot Chicken! I'm glad to see so many favorable reviews for the show, as the commercials looked hilarious. I can't wait for the repeat on Thursday night.

I'm generally on board with Adult Swim originals, but I just can't stand Tom Goes to the Mayor. The animation hurts my eyes, and it rarely makes me laugh. Plus, when they go to real people and it's the "married news couple"? Ugh, just gives me shivers. Those are two of the creepiest looking guys in the world.

Sealab isn't the same since Goz passed away, and I just can't get into the episodes without him. I try to watch them, and some of them still make me laugh, but it's just too weird to watch it without Murphy around. I think I'll stick to the Murph filled seasons. They're trying too hard to fill the obvious void that he left.

Robot Chicken definitely gets a thumbs up from me and I hope the future episodes are as good as the first. The Optimus Prime/Prostate Cancer bit was the best part of the show.

Anybody know when Perfect Hair Forever starts airing?

I liked a few points of TGTTM, but not a whole lot.

SMC is *awful*

And HM is back on which is nice.

ATHF is pretty good still. Sealab, not so much. HB:AAT is of course the best of the 15 min shows. Underappreciated in my book. And Venture Bros. are awsome.

Well, if anything, TGTTM and SMC are really dividing shows. Some people, hate their guts, others love them. I'm in the latter category.

My favorite episode of TGTTM would have to the one where they try to re-create an old theme park. Any episode that has Patton Oswald as an insane man named Zynx ("If they Have Lower Prices Then Us, WE'LL CRUSH THEM! I mean, we'll equal that price") is great.

As for my favorite SMC episode, I'd have to say the one where the President (of everything) accidentally launches a missle. Repetative, weird humor at it's best. Plus, the Presidents dream of the Klan beheading him via guillotine (saying "Hit It!") had me rotflmao

Also, was I the only one who liked Blue Gender? I must be since I don't think it ever got a second airing, which pisses me off since I wasn't able to see every episode at the time.

They re-ran it 3 times, I think. Twice on weeknights(initial airing and starting over again) and then they moved it to weekends for a bit til they took it off(kinda like Witch Hunter Robin).

Gah, I hated "Blue Gender". I tried to get into it, I really did, but I thought it was too boring and serious. How anyone can fuck up a show with giant killer bugs is beyond me, but they sure did there.

I also hated "Wolf's Rain". It was a bunch of highschool kid level philosophies on life

that you'd find on a livejournal with a plot that would make furries and otherkin type losers squeel in delight

I also hated "Wolf's Rain". It was a bunch of highschool kid level philosophies on life

that you'd find on a livejournal with a plot that would make furries and otherkin type losers squeel in delight

Agreed. The single thing that is used to plug it is "from the creators of Cowboy Bebop." That being said, what is their excuse for that crap? I think the animation quality is pretty much top-notch, though, for an animated series. I don't dig the washed-out look or much else about it, though.

SMC's quality varies. The shows are very gimmicky, and depending on how well it works, it may be funny or just dull.

I don't really care about the philosophies in Wolf's Rain. It's just slow and has a lot of dull spots with extremely unlikeable characters which seem like they belong on Gundam due to how one dimensional, whiny and broody they are. Psycho furries latching onto the show is no fault of the creators and it at least had good art, animation and music.

Agreed.  The single thing that is used to plug it is "from the creators of Cowboy Bebop."  That being said, what is their excuse for that crap?  I think the animation quality is pretty much top-notch, though, for an animated series.  I don't dig the washed-out look or much else about it, though.

Woa, that's from the creators of "Cowboy Bebop?" Bebop's one of my all time faves. All the sudden, I feel betrayed

I don't really care about the philosophies in Wolf's Rain. It's just slow and has a lot of dull spots with extremely unlikeable characters which seem like they belong on Gundam due to how one dimensional, whiny and broody they are. Psycho furries latching onto the show is no fault of the creators and it at least had good art, animation and music

Good to see someone else here hates Gundam

Here are the anime shows on Adult Swim I've liked

Cowboy Bebop (fact: I own the same breed of dog)

Lupin III

FLCL

Super Milk Chan

GITS: Stand alone Complex

Oh, and don't get me started on "Inuyasha" I hate that show more then anything else that's been on Adult Swim. Yes, even more then "Baby Blues" and "The Ripping Friends"

Might as well deviate into anime talk...

Good to see someone else here hates Gundam.

- Wait, there are people that actually like Gundam?

Oh, and don't get me started on "Inuyasha" I hate that show more then anything else that's been on Adult Swim. Yes, even more then "Baby Blues" and "The Ripping Friends"

- That's all good...except putting Inuyasha below Baby Blues. That's just cold. However, to be fair, Inuyasha has lots of filler episodes and is very formulaic with its storylines.

- I still have a mini-grudge with Adult Swim for not picking up Case Closed/Detective Conan after the initial 52-episode run.

- The only part about Super Milk Chan that I really enjoyed was Hanage getting turned into a pretty little girl and spouting "Chicken!" at random intervals.

Guest sek69

Case Closed didn't get picked up? That fuckin' sucks.

I actually like Inuyasha except for the fact that the plot moves like DBZ at times where half the show is reaction shots rather than moving the plot forward.

I never got Wolf's Rain. Were they wolves who could turn into people? Wolves who the viewers saw as people?

Case Closed is awful.

On Wolf's Rain, the premise is that wolves were thought to have died out and are extinct, but this isn't the case and there are some that still exist, but they must adapt and appear as humans so as not to be hunted down. So, yes, wolves that can disguise themselves as humans.

Case Closed seems to work better as a manga, and the animation quality on the show is *terrible*. I've seen NES games with a better framerate.

"So, yes, wolves that can disguise themselves as humans."

What are those called? Werepeople? Man-Wolfs? Warwilfs?

Inuyasha seems aimed at girls who are about 4 years too old for Sailor Moon, but thankfully it's miles ahead of the idiocy of Ramna.

Guest JMA
I actually like Inuyasha except for the fact that the plot moves like DBZ at times where half the show is reaction shots rather than moving the plot forward.

Agreed. I enjoy the show with the exception of the filler episodes.

Speaking of anime, I'm really enjoying Ghost in the Shell; Stand Alone Complex and Full Metal Alchemist. It was VERY smart of Adult Swim to snag those two shows.

Guest JMA
Who watched this week?

The "You Got Served" parody with Voltron was great.

That was just awesome.

Guest Evolution

After Walt Disney fed on the first Cuban child, that probably should've been it for that skit.

The ode to the nut shot was great, as was Voltron getting served. The Animal Kingdom skits were pretty good, and there were plenty of little bit skits in there, but my favorite was the second "We're Married" skit.

A couple skits went on too long.

Agreed.

This episode was not nearly as good as last week's. The only thing I really laughed at was the JFK assassination bit. everything else was pretty lackluster. Whether intentional or not, they covered some stuff that South Park already did (and SP did better) - "You Got Served", eating babies.

While not as good as last weeks episode, it still was pretty funny. This week, we got

-Voltron getting served

-The Hyena: Nature's Asshole

-The Lemming: Nature's Retard

-JFK Assasination

-Walt Disney eating children (I laughed my ass off at this one)

-Ode to the nut shot

Oh, and the new "Sealab" commercials with the singing, dancing gay sailors are hilarious

-Voltron getting served

I loved this, especially when Voltron was forming (the two Voltron parts humping each other)

-The Hyena: Nature's Asshole

I loved the whole lion thing, and the hyena ready to make his move on the lady lion.

-The Lemming: Nature's Retard

Fun Fact: Lemming milkshakes are a great source of protein, but not a great source of taste.

-Ode to the nut shot

Best nutshots were the two robots, the two squirrels, the old lady one, King Kong and the plane and the George Washington one.

Who else liked the "Vampire Babies For Sale" non-sequitur thing?

This show has tremendous potential, as long as they have the material.

My favorite random things were "This me. And this is Stalin. We're married!" and Jesus and Moses playing patty cake.

I could've done without the second half of the Walt Disney thing, though, outside of the "Made by the Cuban Film Association" thing at the end.

Fidel's bit at the end saved the Walt Disney skit.

I'd like to echo the segments that people have mentioned earlier, but the two bookend skits went on too long (Volton and Walt Disney) and brought down the show's quality with it. I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Kool-Aid Man's pitcher being punctured by a baseball - that caught me off-guard.

The commercials for it seem like the AS peeps are making fun of it rather than plugging it.

"INUYASHA!"

"KAGOME!"

"Inuyasha!"

"Kagooome!"

"Inuyasha!!~"

"Kagome."

I missed Robot Chicken *again*. Fortunately, I caught the Thursday showing of the last ep.

I was thinking it was on Midnight and Oscars caused me to forget about it. Well, gotta catch the repeat.

The Walt Disney skit went on a little too long and had too much deadtime between the funny parts. The biggest laugh out loud moments were the Lemmings: Nature's Retard segment and Voltron's reaction to getting served, especially Pidge.

Overall it was few notches below the standard set by the first episode, but the potential is still there.

Guest netslob
"INUYASHA!"

"KAGOME!"

"Inuyasha!"

"Kagooome!"

"Inuyasha!!~"

"Kagome."

"Chief?"

"McCloud!"

Guest Cerebus

It was like a claymation version of Kentucky Fried Movie. And, for once, I mean that as a compliment.