TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Oops.

May I ask what's the big deal about saying "I love you" to a girl is? I come from Quebec, and it seems like I am not the only one around here who is wondering that. When I see American movies with my friends, and the character is about to panic because he said "I Love You" (View American Pie to see what I mean), we are just wondering what's so terrible.

I mean, saying I love you is one of the first thing you do around here when you start seeing a girl more seriously.

Maybe it's because I'm a dirty French-Canadian, but I really don't understand what the big deal is.

Yeah...you're right. I guess it might have to do with the fact that "To Love" and "To Like" are both "Aimer" in French. It's the only verb we have to say it.

Guest Failed Mascot

France isn't really the country of love then. They just lack lesser verbs and are drawn into long-term relationships because of it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I've dated numerous girls and except for two occasions—one of which being due to youthful naivete; the other being that I really did love her—I have never told a girl I was seeing I loved her.

Alcohol may've played a part, but then I've been drunk around girlfriends before without the urge to use the 'l' word.

:wub:

It's your biological clock, Incandenza. Just let nature take its course.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I too am stingy with the word love in relationships. I've got the youthful naivete one, probably similar to what you mentioned and most other folk have, and the other time I meant it.

How old is she? I'm starting to calculate the likelyhood of your union, or timing of a freak occurance like a pregnancy.

France isn't really the country of love then. They just lack lesser verbs and are drawn into long-term relationships because of it.

Yeah, it's all a big scam really. The only cool thing in France is Gerard Depardieu.

Yeah, it's all a big scam really. The only cool thing in France is Gerard Depardieu.

Are you trying to say the Eiffel Tower is not cool? GO TO HELL!

i'm sorry, the correct answer is jean-paul belmondo. he is infinitely cooler than gerard depardieu.

The Eiffel tower is not "cool". It's monumental. It's old, rusty and frankly, not that good-looking, but it is special.

And Jean-Paul Belmondo stopped being cool after making that spy movie with Vanessa Paradis.

I too am stingy with the word love in relationships. I've got the youthful naivete one, probably similar to what you mentioned and most other folk have, and the other time I meant it.

How old is she? I'm starting to calculate the likelyhood of your union, or timing of a freak occurance like a pregnancy.

She turns 20 today.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If you don't tell her you love her on her birthday your relationship will erode.

You should fake a terrible accident. Then you can claim to have no memory of the past several days, and no way is she going to give you grief if she thinks you almost died.