TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

MVP Baseball and ESPN MLB released early

I'll be getting ESPN today or tomorrow, Lushus, so if no one else gets both and offers a comparison by then, I will. I'll also post links to reviews once they're up.

As for my progress in MVP, I've played about 8 games, mostly rivalry matchups with different teams. I've lost a couple, but I'm getting better.

I just finished making all the major roster moves that happened after the cutoff date and I'm starting a franchise. I decided to go with Owner mode over Dynasty since it seems like the Owner mode is much more in-depth. The only difference I saw in Dynasty was the ability to play 120 seasons rather than 30, but I don't sim so I won't make anywhere close to that.

It's disappointing that I can't play fewer than 162 games, but at the pace I've been going, maybe I'll actually finish a full length season.

Is anyone insane enough to play every single game of a season, including every minor league game? I'm tempted, but I know I'd never finish. I'll play every major league game and probably play minors every once in a while.

Now I'm off to start my White Sox franchise. I may update later.

I tried to play every MLB game in my Dynasty, but had to sim here and there to preserve sanity.

And as Matt asked earlier, where can you get a list of transactions a moves so the rosters can be accurate before starting Owner or Dynasty mode? Seems like you have to do a lot of moving around and dropping of players just to get the free agents in the right place.

I just went to mlb.com and clicked on "Transactions". ESPN.com has a list as well.

There were far too many unknown guys who were involved in deals and were impossible to find on the game, so I skipped a lot of that stuff. I mainly performed the major trades and signed whomever needed to be signed from the free agent pool. It's close enough for me.

if MVP is just 10 dollars more, I may just roll with that one, I loved last years version...but I gotta say I am mighty happy with ESPN's 2K5 football and basketball games, so I dunno...

I just went to mlb.com and clicked on "Transactions". ESPN.com has a list as well.

There were far too many unknown guys who were involved in deals and were impossible to find on the game, so I skipped a lot of that stuff. I mainly performed the major trades and signed whomever needed to be signed from the free agent pool. It's close enough for me.

You can download the updated rosters though, right?

A rock song with bagpipes??

GOD has nobody listened to the Dropkick Murphys? I'm calling Spicy McHaggis in here.

*checks* Yup my other post is still there. I SAID I liked it.

Actually I like a lot of that that kind of music. Seven Nations (they played the St. Patrick's Day Festival down here before they hit it big [well, as big as they have]) and a local band called The Blaggards as well.

I just went to mlb.com and clicked on "Transactions".  ESPN.com has a list as well.

There were far too many unknown guys who were involved in deals and were impossible to find on the game, so I skipped a lot of that stuff.  I mainly  performed the major trades and signed whomever needed to be signed from the free agent pool.  It's close enough for me.

I think that's only for the PC version.

Guest Failed Mascot
if MVP is just 10 dollars more, I may just roll with that one, I loved last years version...but I gotta say I am mighty happy with ESPN's 2K5 football and basketball games, so I dunno...

Get the 2K5 game so I'm not alone in the other thread. Damn all of you for having $10 more than me!!!!

I just went to mlb.com and clicked on "Transactions".  ESPN.com has a list as well.

There were far too many unknown guys who were involved in deals and were impossible to find on the game, so I skipped a lot of that stuff.  I mainly  performed the major trades and signed whomever needed to be signed from the free agent pool.  It's close enough for me.

I think that's only for the PC version.

Roster updates are in Xbox and PS2 versions as well.

Get the 2K5 game so I'm not alone in the other thread. Damn all of you for having $10 more than me!!!!

well Im unemployed so I probably cant even afford 20 bucks so dont feel too bad lol

GameFAQs reports that you can only play 5 innings in ranked games on Live for MVP. Unranked games can go to 9 innings, however. That's pretty ridiculous.

I felt the same way about the decision, until I realized what nine innings entailed...

With nine innings, users on the other end of your game would be able to drag the game out, and thus pressure you into quitting.

Owner's Mode seems like it's going to be almost too in-depth for my tastes. Setting up four rosters was a bit of a pain and when all was said and done, I'm going to be MILLIONS in debt. Obviously I'll need to do some trimming up if I want to stand a hope of not staying in the red.

The attendance is bothering me. I'm 19 games over .500, I'm at Wrigley, playing against the White Sox, and the game doesn't fill all the seats. What gives? Is it because I'm not giving Todd Hollandsworth the playing time he wants? Is the North Side crazy for Hollandsworth?

It's Wrigley Field against the White Sox!

If it's a nice day and the teams are at least close to being at. .500, Wrigley and Fenway should always be packed in the game. I can understand RFK being mostly empty for a day game but not Wrigley against a rival

I know, I play as the Red Sox and seeing the park NOT sold out every game is unrealistic these days...but in they game they dont take into consideration the amount of seats and the fan interest in the team. Seems to be only game importance and record that determines crowd size. The second half of the season after the All-Star break the game importance will be higher almost all the time depending on the opponents and you will generate lots more money from concessions and merchandise as well as ticket sales alone.

I have been using the "free ticket" promotion for games in april against crappy Tampa and Toronto games just to get more people in the park to buy food and merchandise. Works well.

One thing that pissed me off last night though...I traded Foulke(8.5 Million) to Texas for Cordero(1.5Million I think) and two of their "top 100" prospect pitchers. Two days after that trade I get an e-mail saying my sponsorship/media earnings will be decreased because of the reduced payroll.

One thing that pissed me off last night though...I traded Foulke(8.5 Million) to Texas for Cordero(1.5Million I think) and two of their "top 100" prospect pitchers. Two days after that trade I get an e-mail saying my sponsorship/media earnings will be decreased because of the reduced payroll.

I guess they encourage the Yankees' model, going 500 million over all the other teams.

What's everyone's lineup look like? I decided to scrap my original one since I had stupidly chosen to be a medium payroll team, but my revised team on high payroll is still leaving me little money to play with.

Perhaps it's because I decided to create my own ballpark, but after payroll, all I could afford was to add the second level of seats to the stadium and the second tier of concessions.

I'm almost ready to just give up and go with Dynasty Mode. But for what it's worth, Vlad looked awesome in Cubbie Blue.