TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mindless_Aggression

Spots that should've been the finish...

I know it was probably innocent on CWM's part, but it would be nice to get through a debate without the "BET U WUDNT SAY THAT IF IT WUZ BENOIT" line.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

No. I purposely used him to get a reaction. It's more fun that way.

edit: ^Sarcasm (?)

Michaels should have gone over Angle at Wrestlemania.

Michaels should have gone over Angle at Wrestlemania.

I wholeheartedly disagree. HBK can't have much time as a wrestler left, he needs to stop going over everyone week in and week out on Raw. He beat Edge and Christian in Toronto for fuck's sakes. He's gone over the two of them on Raw so often I have trouble taking Edge as a legit World Title threat.

Angle needed to beat HBK; he hadn't won at WM since 2002 and this was one of the biggest wins of his career (along with his wins over The Rock and Hulk Hogan).

Angle needed to beat HBK; he hadn't won at WM since 2002 and this was one of the biggest wins of his career (along with his wins over The Rock and Hulk Hogan).

Plus the fact that he hadn't won at a PPV in a while either.

Going back a bit...

No Way Out 05: Lost to Cena

Rumble 05: Lost to JBL

Armaggeddon 04: Team lost to Big Show (Victory over Santa Claus doesn't count)

Survivor Series 04: Angle's team lost

No Mercy 04: Lost to Big Show

His last PPV win was against Guerrero at Summerslam that year.

So, Angle needed a PPV win to help him out.

Guest LooneyTune

If Shawn would've went over, it would've been the same (or possibly worse) than going over Jericho at WM XIX, despite smark booking, sensible booking, all kinds of logic saying the young lion goes over the old lion.

For example:

WM X-8: Young Rock goes over old Hogan as clean as possible.

WM XIX: Old HBK goes over Young Jericho for no reason as clean as possible.

Guest MikeSC
If Shawn would've went over, it would've been the same (or possibly worse) than going over Jericho at WM XIX, despite smark booking, sensible booking, all kinds of logic saying the young lion goes over the old lion.

For example:

Is Angle that much younger than Shawn?

-=Mike

For example:

Is Angle that much younger than Shawn?

-=Mike

No, but he hasn't been around for 15 years plus with several retirements.

Fuck him.

I, of course, was only kidding when I said Michaels should have gone over Angle. It really doesn't matter one way or the other. Great match, nonetheless! I hope we do get a rematch as should all of you!

well angle is not really a young kid is he? so it didnt matter who won. and as for jericho-hbk I always hold, even as a jericho mark, that it didnt matter whether or not he won the wm 19 match. Shawn won it with a roll up for gods sake he didnt go over strong or anything like that. Even if Chris won that match, hed still be in the same postition as he is now (that is going nowhere fast). They can call him the first undisputed champ all they want but he will still be a perpetual midcarder for ungodly reasons.

that all being said, it was cool to see angle win a match for a change. And this is coming from a man who was a huge HBK mark in the mid 90s

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe
Maybe I read wrong, but this is a thread about spots that should have been the finish. Not who should have went over in a specific match.

Putting this back on topic: The first HITC spot Foley took. Easily. The match should have been stopped at that point, there was little way they were going to top that. Plus it would have put over how sadistic UT had gotten, and the match's dangerousness. Instead they went on, and Foley nearly killed himself. Fun times.

Actually, most of it was planned, and by Foley. He was supposed to be thrown off and climb back up. The bump through the cage was an accident; the mesh ripped. Taker wanted to just pin him, but Foley wanted to continue. The tombstone was anticlimactic after the cage bumps, but it was better than a punch. Or fingerpoke.

What do you consider the second bump? The fall through the cage?

I thought only the toss off the top was planned.

As for the topic question, RVD vs Lynn at Hardcore Heaven 2000. RVD kicking out of the first cradle piledriver kills the mystique of the move, as well as Anton's interference.

No, it wasn't. Foley said so much in his first book. I'll try to find the exact quote, since I have my wrestling book collection right next to me.

The fall through the cage was planned in his match with Triple H at No Way Out 2000, but not in the match with Undertaker at King of the Ring 1998.

No, it wasn't. Foley said so much in his first book. I'll try to find the exact quote, since I have my wrestling book collection right next to me.

The fall through the cage was planned in his match with Triple H at No Way Out 2000, but not in the match with Undertaker at King of the Ring 1998.

That sounds right.

He also didn't remember using the thumbtacks, as he was "knocked out on his feet".