TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Chicago gets Wrestlemania 22

Atlantic City would need an arena that wasn't old. The only reason they got with Trump is because Trump paid them much $ to do it. Same reason Halloween Havoc went to the MGM Grand (it would have gone to Cincinnati).

Atlantic City would need an arena that wasn't old. The only reason they got with Trump is because Trump paid them much $ to do it. Same reason Halloween Havoc went to the MGM Grand (it would have gone to Cincinnati).

Boardwalk Hall isn't that old, I don't think...

I could be wrong about that though.

If it had more seats, I'd say use The Sandcastle (a baseball arena for a minor league baseball team) for it.

Guest Stunt Granny

They should do it at Miller Park in Millwaukee. It's only about 100 miles north of Chicago and a WAY cooler venue than All-State.

It's a shame they won't try Wrestlemania in an outdoor stadium, because of weather concerns considering they could host it at a retractable roofed stadium and have it closed in 5 minutes. It creates such a nice atmosphere. Of course that's probably an excuse because they don't think they can fill a stadium anymore, even for Wrestlemania which is a shame...

Guest bigm350
If 23 doesn't come to Detroit I will be rightfully pissed,.

Same here. And if it IS here, you can bet I'll be going.

Wrestlemania at Miller Park _would_ be awesome, under the retractable roof. Plus it's a park that isn't all generic looking like every single other arena WWE runs in.

I may try to make the trip down to Chicago for the next WM, we'll see. Of course, tickets are gonna be tough to get because the All-State Arena isn't even all that big, is it?

Guest bigm350

Earlier someone posted that WM shouldn't be in Detroit because Joe Louis Arena is too small to hold a WM. I agree with that, but if it was in Detroit, WM would be held more than likely at Ford Field. Of course its a huge field, so I don't know if WWE would want it here with the way business is going currently.

I guess they weren't joking about last year's theme with "Where it All Begins Again". I was kind of liking the Montreal/Calgary location personally. WM 23 has to be in Detroit, but what I want to know is what the hell are they going to do for WM 25? Maybe they might save Detroit for WM 25 or try to make a new record at the event.

Anyways, am I the only person that kind of liked the 3 different location idea? If it was possible it would be neat to see Mania coming from at least 2 different continents where each brand would present Mania(not brand only of course).

Anyways, am I the only person that kind of liked the 3 different location idea? If it was possible it would be neat to see Mania coming from at least 2 different continents where each brand would present Mania(not brand only of course).

It would be neat to run, say, Tokyo, Boston, and Montreal for WM23 or 24. I think that it would be a helluva lot easier, too, since satellite broadcasting and going live across time zones is not a novelty like it was back then.

Guest J0bber

HOLY SHIT! MY LIFE LONG DREAM! I'm going since the Allstate Arena is only five minutes away from my house.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
HOLY SHIT! MY LIFE LONG DREAM! I'm going since the Allstate Arena is only five minutes away from my house.

Can I crash on the couch?

Guest J0bber

Can I crash on the couch?

Yeah, but watch out for the has-been wrestlers native to Chicago that have already made reservations, including D'Lo Brown and Road Warrior Animal.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

I would LOVE for Wrestlemania to be at Miller Park, but being in Chicago is the next best thing, I suppose. I'll (hopefully) be there. It's close enough where I really have no excuse not to go; plus it'll be a blast. Exciting news, indeed.

I might have to make the trip next year. Chicago is only 9 hours from Lincoln, NE. WHOOOO!!

CHICAGO TO HOST WRESTLEMANIA 22, ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE MADE THIS FRIDAY

by Mike Johnson @ 10:00:00 PM on 2/23/2005

Chicago, Illinois will host Wrestlemania 22 in April 2006, according to an article in Illinois newspaper The Des Plaines Journal. An official announcement will be made this Friday to the local media, according to the newspaper, which cites a press release from city officials.

The show will be held at the Allstate Arena, which features a capacity of close to 20,000 fans. Two previous Wrestlemania events were held in the venue (back when it was known as the Rosemont Horizon prior to a 1999 renovation), a portion of Wrestlemania 2 highlighted by a WWF vs. NFL Battle Royal and Wrestlemania 13 which featured the historic Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin bout that ended up sparking Austin's career and being Hart's final Wrestlemania appearance.

As noted earlier this week on PWInsider.com, both Montreal and Calgary, Alberta Canada had been considered as sites for the 22nd annual Wrestlemania event.

--PWInsider.com

Chicago can suck my balls.

When are they gonna bring a WrestleMania somewhere in the southeastern US? I'm talking somewhere like Charlotte, Atlanta, DC, even Miami or Orlando . . . NYC, Chicago, and LA/Anaheim have combined for a total of 10 WrestleManias (including next year's show if that's the case, and ALL F'N THREE OF THEM in one night for WM2).

I guess I can always dream . . . . or at least keep entering these fuckin' WrestleMania ticket contests that are always going on WWE.com this tiime of year.

Fuck a bunch'a Chicago.

:firing:

Heh, try going down to the west side of Chicago and saying that. As a matter of fact, stand on the corner in a white tee and scream that out as loud as you can. I can almost guarantee that shirt'll be red by the end of the day. Don't diss my city :)

But this is great news though. The thought of finally getting a chance to go to a Wrestlemania is great.

Damn that sucks. Rosemont Horizon is where they always hold RAW and Smackdown in Chicago and now they're doing WM there? Just seems kind of underwhelming considering all the big time arena's and dome's and the such that Wrestlemania has been in the past few years. Why not the United Center?

Sweet, I was at the WM 13 show.

Why they going back? Chicago is a wrestling city. Look at how well those ECW shows did at the Odeum. Always packed. The All-State Arena is a nice place. MUCh better neighborhood than the United Center.

Guest Evolution

Chicago is one of the hottest centers of wrestling right now with IWA-MS and ROH having good/great shows in their general vicinity almost every other week, and this is no different. Definitely getting tickets for this.

Guest Stunt Granny
Why not the United Center?

WWE's got an exclusive deal with the Rosemont/Allstate.

What do you mean exclusive? What other wrestling promotion would run there?

Exactly, that's completely retarded. There is no other promotion to run there but the WWE.

Exactly, that's completely retarded. There is no other promotion to run there but the WWE.

It's my understanding that WWE is loyal to the Allstate because the Allstate was loyal to them during the Monday Night Wars, while the United Center hosted several Nitros and SStampede 2000.

Guest Shadow

It's my understanding that WWE is loyal to the Allstate because the Allstate was loyal to them during the Monday Night Wars, while the United Center hosted several Nitros and SStampede 2000.

an exclusive deal could actually mean All-State arena offered more money to WWE to host their sites then United Center.

I know that WWE rents out the arenas but I wouldn't be surprised if All-State made more promises and such (like they said loyal to wwf during the war).

I dont think they have exclusive deals with any other venues except MSG.