TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

Chris Webber traded to Philadelphia

A+ trade for Philadelphia. C- trade for Sacramento (improving "team chemistry" or whateverthefuck).

Webber was well-liked by 10/11 of the other Kings; if it turns out that Webber was traded to appease Stojakovic, that's going to do the exact opposite of improve team chemistry.

Looks like the Kings wanted to dump some salary as Webber is due about 80 million over the next four years.

Except that they didn't dump any salary; they got back contracts that pay out just as much as Webber's did, and last just as long.

Trade reported on ESPNRadio, "in serious talks"...

San Antonio receives: Peja Stojakovic, Brian Skinner.

Sacramento receives: Brent Barry, Malik Rose, draft picks.

Skinner, Thomas and Williamson can only be traded by themselves for ninety days; they cannot be "packaged" with another player.

As far as my own thoughts: This. Trade. Fucking. SUCKS!

A+ trade for Philadelphia. C- trade for Sacramento (improving "team chemistry" or whateverthefuck).

Webber was well-liked by 10/11 of the other Kings; if it turns out that Webber was traded to appease Stojakovic, that's going to do the exact opposite of improve team chemistry.

I gave the Kings the benefit of the doubt on this trade - unless they move these players for an expiring contract tomorrow, this trade is abysmal for the Kings.

PG Allen Iverson

SG Willie Green

SF Andre Igoudala

PF Chris Webber

C Samuel Dalembert

I like it, if Jim O'Brien would just leave Dalembert alone and let him play.

PG Allen Iverson

SG Andre Igoudala

SF Kyle Korver

PF Chris Webber

C Samuel Dalembert

Willie Green fucked Jim Obriens daughter or something because he refuses to play him.

I don't know why Philly fans are excited about this, Webber always has been and always will be a loser. He's never won anything and never will. He consistently chokes in big games.

Will someone...ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER show me a BAD Webber performance in big game.

I swear, I watched the kings lose to the Lakers a few years back when Peja shot a airball that was following Christies airball which was following Vlade blowing a layup and some how it was Chris Webbers fault that the Kings didn't win despite a monster game. Webber on one leg was fighting till the end against the Wolves last year and almost pulled it out.

For the last few years Webber has been a shell of his former self. Sacramento probably knows how healthy Webber really is and dont feel he's worth the investment. C Web has been sucking on defense and his offense can easily be replaced by giving Bibby, Peja, Miller, and Mobley more shots. Webber is physically declining and his contract is going to be hard to move if he seriously begins to deteriorate next year. The three they got can be moved much easier in the future.

TIME OUT!!! TIME OUT!!!!

He was having a incredible game. His ENTIRE BENCH is telling him to call a time out (okay, not his coaches, but the bench players). Its a honest mistake that has happened many times afterwards. Thats not choking, thats bench players not knowing to shut the fuck up.

They were discussing something like this the other week when the lakers were playing and Lamar odem had 2 fouls and the coaches were yelling for him to take the foul to give with like 1 second left in the first quarter. Of course he did it before it dawned on him that he had just given up his 3rd on a pointless foul.

Its a heat of the moment thing. Telling you what your heart meant. Its shown in your eyes.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Webber's not an MVP anymore but he's having his best season in forever. And if Philly even makes it to a big game for Webber to choke in, the fans should be thrilled.

Guest Vitamin X
Webber's not an MVP anymore but he's having his best season in forever. And if Philly even makes it to a big game for Webber to choke in, the fans should be thrilled.

I don't know how much longer Philly can handle their teams choking in big games, though.

I don't know why Philly fans are excited about this, Webber always has been and always will be a loser. He's never won anything and never will. He consistently chokes in big games.

what kind of silliness is this? Webber is a 20/10 power forward. Another scorer and a low post presence is what Philly desperatly needs. They can barely stay at .500 right now.

Gee, I wonder why Philly's excited.

Yeah it was all Webber's fault Michigan lost that national title game..... and it was all his fault that Peja and Christie and everyone not named Mike Bibby choked against the Lakers. C-Webb is a fucking Hall of Fame level talent, and people still rag on the guy for shit that happened when he was 20 years old.

Because the Sixers were a .500 team with no hope of sniffing the conference title, and now they do.

Maybe the Maloofz are punishing Sacramento for not building them another arena

Of course the conspiracy theorists in Sacramento are putting out the thought that this move coincidentally goes down the same day that the best chance for a new arena goes to hell (Thank you former Congressman Ose for being a money grubbing whore). Also on a news report this morning, they quoted Commissioner Stern as saying that if Sacramento doesn't build a new building in 5 years, the league won't stand in the way of a move, more than likely to Vegas.

Guest Mosaicv2
Philadelphia is the new Boston.

I actually think they're the new Chicago... or wait.

The Webber-bashing population seems to be overlooking the fact that Webber won't need to worry about making the big shot now. That's what they have AI for.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Of course the conspiracy theorists in Sacramento are putting out the thought that this move coincidentally goes down the same day that the best chance for a new arena goes to hell (Thank you former Congressman Ose for being a money grubbing whore). Also on a news report this morning, they quoted Commissioner Stern as saying that if Sacramento doesn't build a new building in 5 years, the league won't stand in the way of a move, more than likely to Vegas.

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesn't Sacramento already have a new arena? I thought Arco was only 10-12 years old.

thats rather modern.

However, Im sure the Maloofs want to stay close to home and buy out the thomas and mack center.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who thinks that Webber is a choker has almost certainly not followed the Kings closely in the past two years, and their opinions are immediately suspect. In fact, since the 2002-03 season, Webber has hit more game-winning shots than every other player on the Kings.

Come talk to me when he wins something.

By that standard, all but a handful of players in the league (Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, and the Pistons) are losers; Webber is hardly any more of a loser than Iverson or Garnett, and absolutely no more of a loser than Jermaine O'Neal, Vince Carter or Paul Pierce.

How come no ever accuses Elton Brand of being a loser? At least Webber's led a team to a winning record and the playoffs.

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesn't Sacramento already have a new arena? I thought Arco was only 10-12 years old.

thats rather modern.

However, Im sure the Maloofs want to stay close to home and buy out the thomas and mack center.

Arco Arena II: Electric Boogaloo can't be much older than 18 years. This is the 20th year the Kings have been in Sacramento and there was a smaller Arco Arena before this one, so it's gotta be 17 or 18 years old.

Guest Flyboy
The Webber-bashing population seems to be overlooking the fact that Webber won't need to worry about making the big shot now. That's what they have AI for.

And Kyle Korver to a lesser extent, but... *bashes Webber*

Webber is gonna get MAD assists with Iverson making backcuts. They should be a lot of fun to watch together.

Yeah, he's a defensive liability 1-1, but Kenny Thomas and Corliss Williamson were hardly Bill Russell out there.

Outstanding short-term move for Phila., the question is obviously will Webber be able to maintain a high level of play for the remainder of his huge deal. It's worth the risk IMO, not like they had a better option.

And lets face it: people bash Webber because its easy. The timeout, the scandal at UM, his first several years in the league have made him a big, slow-moving target for people to take potshots at. Personally I wish people would get off the guy because he has been productive over the years, when he has stayed healthy.

That being said this is a good trade for both teams, though if I had to put a number on it, I would say that its 65-35 in favor of the Sixers, maybe 60-40. I am going to be watching the Sixers with a lot more interest now.

And yes, to have the Sixers somehow make it to the finals and lose would all but destroy Philly.

Umm....that VALIDATES the Webber-bashing population.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

In Webber's defense, there's only one basketball to go around. If he was taking the big shots, would AI-bashers get to come out?