TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rising up out of the back seat-nuh

Easy (but cool) stuff to play on guitar.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Tom Waits-Goin' Out West

Edit-not "Movin'" as I originally thought. I don't know why I waited so long to bother listening to much Tom Waits when I was already sure I'd be satisfied. Guy's awesome.

I'd try out Stone Temple Pilots' Plush - the verse has a G-D-F-C progression that covers a ton of movement. If you don't have the G-D shift down after playing it ten or twenty times, it probably isn't going to ever happen for you.

Plus, the song doesn't sound terrible when you're playing it slow, meaning less chances to get frustrated by the lack of musicality while you're speeding up.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If you want to learn chords, John Denver. Seriously.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The world's gayest band, Manowar, does as well, only I believe they call it Sting of the Bumblebee. Metyl.

I just recently learned to play Big Swifty, which is god damn difficult in parts.

Wow. Hats off to you on that one. I like "Waka/Jawaka" better from that album though, the beginning and the end from the drum solo to the fade-out are just awesome.

EDIT: In fact the end of Waka/Jawaka reminds me a lot of 20/20, but cooler.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Seek live versions of Big Swifty. Rare instance where they're better than the studio cut. YCDTOSA Vol. 1 has an excellent performance of it, and a solo I can't touch. "The Bebop Tango" off Roxy and Elsewhere borrows that eight count breakdown on the bass and percussion but is otherwise different and completely impossible to play.

Vol. 2 just has the climax of Swifty preceded by a hilarious rendition of "Montana."

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That'd almost probably cover the 70's.

Guy was so prolific it makes me barf.