TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO 77th Annual Academy Awards Thread

Guest Vitamin X
I still don't think he should've been nominated for Collateral. He's in the movie more then Tom Cruise!!! I'd LOVE to see Alan Alda win for the Aviator- he was the best part of the movie

Incorrect. Leo DiCaprio absolutely ROCKED that movie. Even Blanchett and Baldwin's performances overshadowed Alda's, in my opinion. I was quite honestly surprised to see him nominated since I didn't see anything outstanding about what he did.

The Best Actor category, however, still pisses me off. I would have made it Leonardo DiCaprio for The Aviator, Jamie Foxx for Ray, Jim Carrey for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Paul Giamatti for Sideways, and Don Cheadle for Hotel Rwanda.

Leo was fine but nothing he did screamed Best Actor.

Alan Alda and Alec Baldwin gave the film a much needed jolt and kicked the second half into overdrive where The Aviator truly shined

Guest Vitamin X

HA HA "Check Cashin' Place"

This is probably the best Rock could do with pushing the edge, when you think about it. A lot more people watch this than a typical Chris Rock standup, you have to consider that as well.

HA HA "Check Cashin' Place"

This is probably the best Rock could do with pushing the edge, when you think about it. A lot more people watch this than a typical Chris Rock standup, you have to consider that as well.

Which is a shame since Chris Rock is never really that funny when he has to keep it clean and somewhat PC.

I think a ton of people have seen Bring the Pain though or have at least heard some of it

That just screamed "Lifetime Achievement Oscar" to me

He should have won for Shawshank, ironically losing to Martin Landau who won for the same reason

Guest Vitamin X
That just screamed "Lifetime Achievement Oscar" to me

He should have won for Shawshank, ironically losing to Martin Landau who won for the same reason

That's really the way it's been going for a while. Carrey will most likely be winning for an average performance in the future for his roles in Truman Show as well as Eternal Sunshine. If ever.

Dammit.

Freeman should have been narrating his win.

"I just wish my friend Andy was here right now"

I love me some Red, but my hate for Million Dollar Baby is stronger.

Fuck.

I was watching Demon Knight the other day, Church should have won. He's so good.

Guest El Satanico
losing to Martin Landau who won for the same reason

fuck that, Landau was great in Ed Wood

losing to Martin Landau who won for the same reason

fuck that, Landau was great in Ed Wood

As good or better than Freeman in Shawshank?

No