TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Drive thru or Walk in / Delivery or Pick-up

When I go, it tends to be at non-meal hours. So, I know the drive thru won't be that long. However, if it's at lunch, or dinner. I go inside to order. Ordering something, i like to pick it up. It's faster, and you don't have to deal with tipping the driver.

I hate..hate..hate..hate..fast food drive thrus so in the rare cases where I eat at one, I go in unless its late.

I dont have to worry about delivery/pickup because no one delivers out where I live. I cant even do the "meet you halfway" deal anymore with Domino's even though it was relatively stupid to drive halfway and still have to give the person a tip.

I thought you lived outside Baltimore. Are you on an island?

I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, about 20 minutes from Salisbury. I call it the middle of nowhere because theres really nothing between Salisbury and Ocean City/Berlin.

When it comes to fast-food, I usually don't do the drive-thru. My general rule is if the drive-thru is 3 cars deep, it is faster to just walk in and get your order. Plus, it's easier to check your order when you're in the store than in your car.

I usually get pizza for delivery, and the chinese restaurant in my area doesn't deliver...

The only time I get drive-thru is when I have an hour for lunch at work. Then I drive to the nearest Wendy's, hit the drive-thru, and head back to work, because that way it's impossible for me to be late getting back to work.

I almost never hit a drive-thru otherwise. I eat it there.

In the case of pizza, I always pick it up myself.

I hate going through drive throughs. I only go through if I have someone with me b/c I hate making people wait in the car and I hate dragging them inside.

I never get pizza delivered unless they have free delivery.

I usually don't get delivery from pizza/sub shops unless the weather is really bad or I'm just feeling shitty. I live close enough to all the places I order from that it's only a 7-8 minute drive to the ones farthest away. For fast food, I don't do drive-thru unless I'm going there after hours and the drive-thru is all that's open.

Walk in for fast food, delivery for pizza. I never go through the drive thru because fast food places get the order wrong so often, and it's a pain in the ass to go back and get it fixed. I just walk in and bitch them out on the spot if the screw something up.

Yeah but screw fast food. I quit drinking soda 3 weeks ago and haven't worked out and I've still lost 5 pounds. I wonder if I'd lose more by cutting out fast food completely?

I never go into a drive-thru unless either I know exactly what I want, or it is so off of peak hours that no one else is around.

I thought you lived outside Baltimore. Are you on an island?

I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, about 20 minutes from Salisbury. I call it the middle of nowhere because theres really nothing between Salisbury and Ocean City/Berlin.

Sure there is.

Fields and trees.

The space between O.C and Salisbury makes Delaware seem overcrowded.

Geez, am I the only one here that always goes through the drive-thru? The only time I ever go in is when I'm with someone, and I don't want to have to deal with exchanging the money. It's just more convenient to eat in my car while I'm driving or back home where I'm comfortable than in some dirty fast food place.

my vehicle is about the only place I get to peacefully listen to music, so with that being said, I will sit in a drive-thru for however long it takes if I have some good tunes with me...

I used to be a "just go in and order" guy, but there have been far too many times when the vehicle that was ahead of me gets their order and drives off before I get mine...